Bothered

Next Stop, Insanity

It's because I like you, Hanuel.”

“Because I like you.”

“I like you, Hanuel.”

“Hanuel.”

“I like you.”


Hanuel jolted upright and looked around her bedroom in shock. Her breathing became uneven and she rubbed her eyes to see if she was still dreaming.

She realized she wasn't.

At least, not anymore.

She glanced at her clock, only to find that she had about an hour left before school started. She brought her knees up to her chest and sat there for a while, trying to calm down her heartbeat.

She tilted her head and stared out the window. The sun had just barely gone up, so there was minimal light.

Did he mean it? What was she supposed to say to him now? Wouldn't it be awkward? Why was he so confusing? Why couldn't she tell if he was joking or not?

More importantly, why was she so bothered by this? It wasn't like he didn't say those words before, right?


Wait- no. He hadn't.

She sighed and buried her head into her arms. She was able to avoid him the entire day yesterday, but how was she going to do that when they sat on the same bus to and from school?

“Hanuel! Wake up! I made you breakfast in the kitchen.”

She turned her attention towards the door, and she finally found the strength to pull herself up.

After washing up and changing, she came into the kitchen and greeted her mother. Her mom took a long look at her daughter before raising an eyebrow,

“Did you stay up late again? You look pale.”

Hanuel shook her head and gave her a small smile, “I just feel a little bit under the weather today. I'm probably just stressing out because the exams are coming up.” Her mom nodded in understanding before turning back towards the sink.

“Don't stress out too much, alright? I'm sure you'll do fine.”

Hanuel quickly gulped down her milk, but left her two eggs and bread uneaten. She didn't really have an appetite. She grabbed her backpack and walked towards the door.

“Mom? I'm going now. See you later!” She called out before closing the door behind her. She quickly peeked towards Jungkook's apartment, and she sighed in relief when she realized he probably hadn't come out yet. She walked towards the elevator, pressed the button, and got inside.

“Yo, wait up.”

She looked up in horror when somebody's hand reached out to prevent the doors from closing. The guy walked in,

“I made it.”

Hanuel heaved a sigh of relief when she realized it wasn't Jungkook.

Thank god.

- - - - -

Jungkook came out of the apartment and walked down towards Hanuel's. He debated on whether he should ring the doorbell or not.

In the end, he decided against it.

He assume she must've been late or was already at the bus stop. He took the stairs, and came out of the apartment building a while later. He walked towards the bus stop, just when the bus arrived. He noticed her walk in and he was about to follow after her when a few other students blocked his way. He cursed under his breath and waited for a chance to get on.

When he did, he realized she was already sitting with somebody else. He furrowed his eyebrows and walked past her, but she didn't even look up to acknowledge him. He walked towards the back of the bus and took a seat.

Jungkook looked out the window.

He knew her better than anyone else.

So why did he say something like that so carelessly?

Of course she'd be bothered by it.

Idiot.

- - - - -

“You alright? You look out of it today.” Minjung commented and poked Hanuel who looked up in surprise.

“Huh?”

“You- never mind. What's on your mind?”

“Nothing really.”

Minjung stopped walking and gave her best friend a look, “You think you can lie to your best friend?” Hanuel stopped walking as well and looked down. She adjusted her backpack straps and heaved a sigh,

“It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it, kay?” She gave her a small smile and Minjung knew that was her way of saying 'please don't ask anymore.' She sighed and followed after her.

Minjung's phone buzzed and her eyes flickered in surprise. She took her phone out of her pocket to check it.

Hey, wanna eat lunch together in the cafeteria? Hanuel can come along too.

Minjung's face immediately brightened up at the text. She grabbed onto Hanuel's arm and shook her,

“Let's go eat lunch with Zelo!” Hanuel blinked, “What? Why? Wait, why do I have to?”

“Duh, because you're my best friend. Now let's go!”

- - - - -

Zelo looked up when he noticed the two of them walk in. He waved them over and Jongup turned around to see who he was looking at. He raised an eyebrow.

What was this kid doing?

Minjung and Hanuel walked over and Minjung smiled, “Hello.” Zelo nodded, “Hey.” He turned to Hanuel and gave a little wave, but she was too busy in her own world to even notice. His eyebrows furrowed slightly, but he dismissed it. They sat down. Minjung facing Zelo and Hanuel facing Jongup.

“So, how's life?” Jongup asked. Minjung shrugged lightly, “It's alright. And with you?” Jongup nodded, “Good, good. How about you?” He gestured to Hanuel.

But she didn't answer.

Nor did she even look up.

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows, as did Zelo and Minjung. Minjung nudged her, “Hey, Hanuel?” She finally looked up, “Yeah?” Minjung frowned, “You're spacing out again. Are you sure nothing's wrong?” Hanuel softly smiled, “It's nothing, really.”

She looked up and she froze when she saw who had just walked in. At the same time, Jungkook looked up and noticed that she was staring. He tilted his head, and before he could even wave at her, she excused herself from the table and headed out of the cafeteria.

From the other door.

Jungkook's eyes narrowed.

Why was she avoiding him to this extent? Did those words bother her that much?

Zelo noticed this little interaction and although he was confused, he saw this as an opportunity. He also excused himself from the table, claiming he needed to head for a washroom break. He left the cafeteria and looked around. He looked out the windows, and finally spotted her heading towards the garden.

Hanuel sat down, leaning her back against a tree. She looked up in surprise when she realized somebody else had followed her outside.

“Zelo?”

“How come you're out here?”

“I just needed some fresh air, that's all.”

“Did something happen?”

“Why do you ask that?”

“Because the smiling and pretty Hanuel isn't smiling today. Although she's still pretty, she just isn't smiling." He joked. She cracked a smile, and he grinned, “There we go. She's smiling again!” She laughed this time, “I'm fine, really.”

“Hm, did you also know those words are the biggest lie on the earth?”

She looked up at him in surprise from her sitting position on the grass, “Huh?” He chuckled and sat down beside her, propping up a leg.

“Seems like something's bothering you. Or, should I say more like someone?” He asked. Her eyes widened, “How did you-”

“You saw Jungkook walked into the cafeteria, and your face paled. So I assumed.” She sighed, “I don't know. I'm just confused, that's all.”

“Not feeling comfortable enough to tell me what happened?”

“Not really.”

“I understand. I hope whatever is bothering you gets cleared up, though.”

“As do I.”

“But don't forget, I'll be here to make jokes to make you smile!”

She laughed, “Yeah. I'll keep that in mind, Zelo.”

Jungkook frowned from the doorway. He was going to go after her, but when he arrived, he found Zelo with her. She seemed happy. Smiling and laughing at whatever that skyscraper had to say. He mentally scoffed and turned back around to make his way back into the cafeteria.

- - - - -

Instead of heading home after school, she took the bus to her neighbourhood, but walked towards the park instead. She didn't need to inform her parents, knowing they were at work anyway.

The playground was empty, and she was glad. She kind of needed the peace and quiet. Hanuel walked over the swing and sat down onto it. The chains creaked, and the plastic seat squeaked.

She began kicking her legs, gaining speed. She felt more at ease and comfortable now.

But she was still very much bothered.

Her phone rang, and thinking it was her parents, she picked it up.

“Hello?”

“You're at the park right?”

Her eyes rounded at the voice, but she didn't reply.

“You're not replying, so I assume you are.”

And with that, the other line hung up. Hanuel sat there and stared at her phone. She blinked in realization that he would be here anytime soon and she quickly got up to leave the playground. She walked towards the pathway to the exit, but when she took a step onto the sidewalk, Jungkook came into view from across the street. fell open, and she quickly turned the other way and began running.

Jungkook, on the other hand, waited for the cars to pass before sprinting to her. He finally caught up, and he grabbed onto her wrist with his right hand. She turned around in bewilderment,

“What are you doing? Let go!”

“Are you really that bothered by what I said?”

“What- No. No, I'm not.”

He narrowed his eyes and tugged on her arm, bringing her in closer. She squirmed, but he refused to let go.

“You're lying.”

“I'm not! Why would I be bothered by something a stupid stalker says to me!?”

“Your actions clearly tells me that you are indeed bothered.”

“I'm not.”

“If it makes you feel any better, you can believe it if you want.”

She looked up at him, “What-”

“If you think it's true, then it's true. If you think I was joking, then fine. I was joking.”

She glared at him, “That doesn't clear anything up.” He rolled his eyes, “Avoiding me like I'm a reincarnation of Kangdae doesn't really clear anything up either.”

“Go away.” She successfully freed her wrist from his grasp, but before she could even turn around to walk away, he tugged her back by the waist and she crashed into his chest. Her breath hitched and her eyes widened.

Her heart rate sped up as well.

“What do you think you're doing-”

“Stop avoiding me, would you? I say things without thinking sometimes, alright? Ignore what I said. The fact that you're avoiding me is killing me. Even if it's just been a day. I think I would've gone crazy if you ignored me for any time period longer.” He tightened his arm around her, and he lightly put his left arm over his right one.

“Jungkook-”

“I also don't plan on letting go. When I'm not around you, guys just have to come and flock around you, huh?”

She frowned as she pushed against his chest, but he held on firmly.

“Seriously, let go.”

“I won't let go. I'd much rather have you threaten my life and beat me up than ignore me.”

He felt her grip on him loosen, and she put her arms limply by her side.

 

Fine, I won't ignore you.”

He pulled back and a soft smile come onto his lips, “Really?”

“So that means I can hit you instead right? For making me lose my sleep over something so idiotic?” Her eyes darkened and his eyes flickered in confusion. He finally understood what she meant and he stepped back in alarm.

“You wouldn't hurt an injured man, would you?”

“You can be an exception. Now come here.”

“Ow- ! I never thought you'd actually hit me. That seriously hurt.”

“You said I could! It hurt? Good.”

“Oh come on, Hanuel. This is so cruel.”

“Who said you could randomly hug me like that?! I need to hit you once more for that.”

“Aw hell no.”

“Jeon Jungkook!”


photo musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif
Omg, please don't kill me LOL. I couldn't have just made that the confession. D: Because that's too rushed. she hasn't even realized her feelings yet adkjshakdwa THERE WAS NO LOVE IN IT! (Plus, I have something way fluffier for the confession planned lalalala) Although some of you guys knew that wasn't the real confession anyway, psh! 

But wow, 42 comments for the one chapter ;-; That's really surprising. Thank you guys for commenting, subscribing and upvoting!

I hope you guys liked this chapter~ <3 

Bye! (: