Softening Up

Next Stop, Insanity


“Are you sure this is where he told you to meet him?” Hanuel raised an eyebrow when Minjung dragged her into the auditorium of the school. Minjung nodded profusely, “Zelo told me to come here before the actual competition started.”

Hanuel frowned, “Why did you bring me along though?” Minjung turned around in surprise, “Aren't you coming to see Jungkook?” Hanuel shrugged, “He's not even performing, though.”

“At least sit with him in the audience.” Minjung rolled her eyes and pulled her along. Hanuel pouted.

Aw man.

Why?

They finally found their way back stage. The two smiled and greeted the teachers in charge of the event and occasionally a few students they recognized. Minjung looked around, but was unable to find who she was looking for. Hanuel felt somebody tap her shoulder and she turned around. Her eyes rounded a bit in surprise,

“Hey Jimin.” She smiled. He nodded back and adjusted his cap, “Looking for Jungkook?” Hanuel opened to say 'no' when he interrupted, “He went out in the audience to look for you. I gotta go. Wish us luck!”

“Good luck!” She shouted back. Hanuel turned back around to find Minjung waving to someone. She looked up to see Zelo walking closer. He waved and gave a smile to the both of them. Minjung smiled and waved back happily, “Hey Zelo!” He nodded, “You guys made it.”

“Of course. You invited us right?” Minjung smiled. Zelo laughed as a response, “Yeah, I did.” He turned his head and was about to talk to Hanuel, but she had already turned to Minjung, “I'll wait for you in the seats.” Hanuel smiled and waved to them before walking out of the backstage area. Minjung then turned back to Zelo,

“I'll be anticipating your performance!”

He smirked, “I'll be sure to put on a good show.”

Hanuel found a vacant seat near the back of the auditorium, where there was a clear view to the stage and sat down. She looked around to see everybody sitting with somebody else and honestly, she felt a little awkward. She wished that Minjung would hurry up and come back out, but then she also wished for her to be able to talk to him more, knowing that it'd make her happy.

Her phone buzzed.

Jimin told me you came. Where are you?

She looked up to see if she could spot him, but furrowed her eyebrows when she couldn't. She typed back in a reply.

Near the

Before she could even finish the message, she felt somebody's arm wrap around her and take her phone away.

“I found you.” Jungkook smirked and swung her phone around.

She rolled her eyes and snatched her phone away from him, “What a stalker.” He sat down into the chair beside her, “Your one and only.” She scrunched up her face, “Yuck.” He looked up on stage, “So who are you cheering for?” She shrugged and put her bag onto her lap, “Both teams?”

“But if I were in the competition, you'd only cheer for me right?” Jungkook asked. She raised an eyebrow, “And why would I do that?”

“Because you love me.”

“Aw hell no.”

“Where's your friend?”

“Minjung?”

“What other friend do you have?”

“Wow, way to make me sound like a loser.”

“Aren't you?”

Hanuel ignored his previous comment, “She's backstage with Zelo.” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Really? Doing what?” Hanuel blinked at his question, “What do you mean?” Jungkook inched closer to her, “Well, you know. It's dark back there.”

“Of course it's dark. The lights are turned off.” She commented. Jungkook mentally face palmed,

“Nobody really pays attention to what others do back there.”

Hanuel finally turned to face him, “Why would they? They have their own things to do.”

“I bet they're making out then.” He stated. dropped open, “Say what?” He shrugged, “It's dark, nobody pays attention and they like each other so what else would they do?”

“Talk?” Hanuel replied. Her eyes crossed when he leaned in and looked into her eyes,

“You're dumber than I thought.”

Before he could even register what had happened, she pushed his head back and turned him so he'd face the other way.

“You're really pissing me off.”

- - - - -

“Good evening! I'd like to welcome all the students and parents that have attended our event tonight. We have a few dance performances, mainly breakdance, and some draws! So if you donated to our event tonight, you have been given a ticket with a number. Be sure to hold on to that in case you win!”

The lights dimmed a bit, and another MC walked onto the stage.

“We'll get started right away. So, we'll have some performances from each of the crews! First up, we have Zelo and Jongup.”

Claps, cheers, and whistles echoed throughout the auditorium as the curtains closed, and the music started.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and watched. Hanuel didn't seem to notice his darkened mood, as she was watching in fascination when the two walked onto stage. Their moves were practically in sync with each other.

She took note that Jongup could do the breakdance moves easier, given his height and muscle, while Zelo had slight troubles with his long legs. But nonetheless, their performance was still flawless. They did spins, flips, and many other moves she couldn't even name. Although she did manage to recognize a few bboy styles that Jungkook had explained to her before.

Jungkook was practically glaring at the tall blonde kid. Zelo had taken some of his power moves from the bboy convention and used it today. Knowing Jungkook couldn't participate, if he used the moves at school, people would think the moves were his.

That sly jerk.

The duo's performance ended with them both going into a handstand-freeze. The audience cheered so loudly that Hanuel literally thought she was going to go deaf. She blinked when a few people even stood up for a standing ovation.

“Wow, that was really cool.” She commented. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

Would she be gaping like that if he got the chance to perform today?

The MC walked back onto the stage after Zelo and Jongup walked down the steps, “Wow, that was amazing. Now, we have Jimin and and J-Hope with another breakdance routine!”

Precisely, the same cheers were heard around the room now that these two walked on. They both had caps on, one with Jimin's name, and one that said J-Hope. Hanuel recognized the choreography, and in her opinion, they did quite well without a member. She was still as amazed as ever when Jimin did his flip.

When they ended she made sure she stood up, and cheered as loud as she could. Jungkook was a bit surprised by her actions but then he grinned.

So, she was rooting for their crew.

Not Zelo's.

He felt way better knowing that.

The MC came back onto the stage, “Now, we'll get all four performers to come back on stage, and flaunt their moves in our head-to-head dance competition. It's up to the audience to decide which team will win. Shall we begin?”

- - - - -

“Now, we've tallied up all the votes from the audience. Once again, it's proven that both crews have immense popularity. But which group won the trophy tonight?” He opened up the card,

“Well, it looks like we have our winner. It's Jongup and Zelo!”

Jungkook slumped down in his chair, “Oh .” Hanuel turned to him and raised an eyebrow in surprise.

Zelo and Jongup walked onto stage and bowed.

“Thanks!” Zelo grinned as Jongup went over to grab the mic and say a few words.

“If only I didn't injure myself.” He muttered. She rolled her eyes, “I think they did well. The majority of this audience is Grade 11's and Grade 12's, so they'd know Zelo and Jongup more than they know Jimin and J-Hope. Don't beat yourself up over this.”

He shrugged and got up when Zelo and Jongup finished receiving their trophy, “Let's go find them.” Hanuel followed along, “I have to find Minjung too. She probably stayed back stage.”

As they were walking though, people were starting to stack up the chairs. One girl, however, was pushed out of the way when a few boys rushed to stack their chairs, and she slipped backwards. Jungkook's eyes widened as he reached out to steady her. The girl gasped and quickly whirled around,

“I'm so sorry! But thank you!” She apologized and quickly ran off. Hanuel stopped walking since she didn't see Jungkook beside her. She turned around.

“Hey, why are you so slow-” Her words trailed off when she saw his hands clutching onto his wrist. She ran over, “What'd you do? Don't tell me you tore the ligament even more.” He bit his lip, “That girl tripped, so I helped steady her.” Hanuel gave him a look, “Seriously? Couldn't you have used your other hand instead?”

“I didn't think of that.” He admitted. She rolled her eyes, “Idiot. Do you not think of how I'd feel-” Hanuel stopped herself, “Never mind.” Jungkook raised an eyebrow and tilted his head, “Go on.” She looked up at him and her eyes rounded,

“No. Let's go. They're waiting.” She began walking again, and he followed after her. Jungkook smirked.

He had a feeling he knew what she was going to say.

- - - - -

“Where were you?” Hanuel questioned when she entered the back stage room. Minjung laughed nervously, “I sat near the front to get a better view of Zelo. I'm sorry!”

Hanuel pretended to be angry and turned the other way, “Thanks for ditching me.” Minjung frowned, “Oh come on, you had Jungkook to keep you company!” Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “That's not comforting at all.” Minjung laughed, “You're lying.”

Hanuel slapped her arm.

“Yo, you saw us right?” A voice called out from behind. Minjung turned around and her eyes practically shined when she saw who it was.

“Yes! You guys were really cool.” She complimented. Jongup and Zelo grinned and shared a fist-pump, “Thanks.” Zelo looked at Hanuel, “What'd you think of it?” Hanuel blinked in surprise, “Oh, it was awesome. You guys did very well. Congratulations.” Zelo's smile got wider, “Thanks Hanuel.”

As Minjung conversed with Zelo, Hanuel had walked off to find Jungkook who she lost on the way out of the auditorium.

“Hanuel?”

“Hanuel!”

She turned her head to see who was calling her, and she spotted familiar cap with the words J-Hope stitched onto it. She walked towards the voice and she met up with J-Hope who gestured for her to follow.

They walked back into the auditorium, which was clear of chairs by now and she saw Jungkook's whole crew gathered in a corner.

“I don't think it'd be right if I just intrude in this friendly reunion.” She muttered but J-Hope chuckled, “It's the hyungs who wanted to see you. So I was just following orders.” She blinked in surprise, “Your hyungs?”

J-Hope nodded, “Yeah.” As they neared, the guys looked up and they took notice of her presence.

“Remember me?” One guy asked as he pointed to himself. Hanuel tilted her head and nodded, “I recognize your brown hair. Jin, right?” Said guy grinned, “Wow, you're good.”

“How about between us two?” Another guy asked. She looked up at the two, “Uh, one of you guys worse sunglasses before right? I think it was you, Rap Monster?” Rap Monster laughed, “Right on.” She turned to the last guy, “Suga. The name I found amusing.”

“I find his face amusing.” Jimin piped up. Suga turned to him and gave him a challenging look, “You wanna go?” Jimin's eyes widened as he hid behind J-Hope, “No!”

Jin turned to the group, “It's a Saturday tomorrow. Are you guys free?”

They looked at each other and then nodded.

“Let's hang out then, since we haven't had much time to do so. Plus, I'm done exams so I have a few weeks off.” Jin announced. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Where?” Jin shrugged, “Who knows? We'll just hop on a bus and get off at random stop.” He turned to Hanuel, “You in?” Hanuel's eyes widened, “Me?”

“No, the ghost behind you.” Suga rolled his eyes. Hanuel frowned slightly.

Yeah, she had a feeling she knew where Jungkook got his sarcasm from.

“No, seriously. You coming, Jungkook's girl? I'm sure he'd love it.” Rap Monster smirked as he nudged Jungkook's shoulder. Hanuel shrugged, “I might be busy tomorrow.”

“Well, you live beside him so just head out with him if you're going.” Jin advised. She nodded, “Alright.” Jin took out his phone to check the time, “So who needs a ride?”

Jimin, V, J-Hope and Suga raised their hands. He turned to Rap Monster, “Uh, I gotta walk over to my grandma's to pick something up. So I'll see you guys later. Night.” He saluted and headed out of the auditorium. Jin was about to ask Jungkook if he also needed a ride when J-Hope pulled him away,

“Let them have some time alone, hyung.”

- - - - -

“So are you actually coming tomorrow?” Jungkook asked as they waited outside the school for Jungkook's dad to come pick them up.

“I don't know. Should I?” She contemplated. Jungkook put his right hand into his hoodie pocket, “If you want. Don't force yourself.”

“You're probably going to find a way to make me go anyway.” She rolled her eyes. He chuckled, “I said don't force yourself. I never said I couldn't force you.” She scoffed, “Jerk.”

They looked up when a familiar car rolled into the parking lot. Jungkook walked over and opened the door for her, and she got in. He got in on the opposite side, since the shotgun seat was occupied with his dad's work supplies.

“How'd the competition go?” His dad asked, looking up at the mirror. Jungkook looked out the window, “The hyungs lost.” His dad noticed his crest-fallen expression and didn't ask anymore. He then looked at Hanuel, “How'd you think of it?”

“I think Jimin and J-Hope did great. It doesn't matter who won, really. It's for fun, isn't it?” She replied. Jungkook's dad laughed, “Ah, I like your answer.”

Then, the car was enveloped into silence.

Jungkook finally turned around since he heard no noises coming from her and his expression softened when he saw that she had fallen asleep.

Was it just him or was she softening up?

He remembered that unfinished sentence of hers earlier.

Yeah, she was definitely softening up.

musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Yay x) Sorry for not updating earlier. I'm actually really busy. But I hope this chapter was alright! ;-; It didn't turn out as fluffy as I'd hoped but the next chapter is gonna be super duper fluffy for sure >:3

Summer school is coming to an end and I have three major projects due in less than two weeks so I'm really stressed. So I apologize in advance because my updates will return back to every other day! D:

Also do any of you guys have tumblr? :O Follow me and I'll follow back? But if you could, leave me a message saying you're a subbie of mine on AFF, so I can make sure LOL.


http://mizu-sora.tumblr.com/