Sweet Dreams

Next Stop, Insanity

Jungkook came home from school and walked into his room to change out of his clothes. He put his backpack down, and went to his closet. He picked a random t-shirt and threw it on and also changed into some shorts. He walked into the kitchen to find something to eat.

“Jungkook, what on earth did you do to your arm!?” His mother gasped when she turned around from the stove to see his bandage.

Jungwha came running out of her bedroom after hearing her mother's cry. Her eyes went wide when she saw he brother's bandaged up wrist. She ran over to him, who was currently sitting on a chair, “Oppa! What happened?” Jungkook looked down at her and poked her nose, “I just hurt myself during dance practice. I'm fine, so don't worry, kiddo.” Junghwa pouted up at her brother.

Mrs. Jeon shook her head, “You need to be more careful. Did one of the guys bandage it up for you?” He shook his head as Junghwa plopped onto his lap, “Nah, Hanuel did.” Her mother's eyes flickered before she smiled, “She's such a sweet girl. Did you thank her?” Jungkook laughed nervously, “Not exactly.”

“Jungkook, go.” She ordered.

“But she's at work right now.” He commented. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms over her chest, “You have dance practice soon, so you can go to the cafe she's working at to thank her and take her home after her shift ends. Doesn't your dance practice start earlier today as well?” Jungkook sighed and got up, with Junghwa still in his arms,

“Yeah, it starts at 6:00pm. Fine, fine I'll go.”

- - - - -

It was a moderately busy day in the cafe. It was the time after school, so students from around the neighbourhood usually came here to chat and hang out with friends.

Hanuel walked across the cafe with the tray in her hand. She smiled at the group of girls, and handed them their drinks.

“I hope you enjoy.” She said. One of the girls smiled back, “Thank you! You're very pretty, did you know that?” Hanuel blinked in surprise as her friend covered and sheepishly smiled, “Sorry, she's very honest.” Hanuel chuckled, “It's fine. Thank you, though.” She walked back to the counter.

“Aw, you have yourself some fangirls.” The girl behind the cash register teased. Hanuel playfully hit her arm, “Oh shush, Yui. They're just being friendly.” Yui laughed as a response, “Sure they are.”

Hanuel rolled her eyes, “You have more than I do.” Yui shook her head innocently, “We've been getting more tips ever since you joined. So I think it's you.”

Takashi Yui, of course, was a Japanese name. She moved to South Korea after finishing high school in Japan because she wanted to practice her Korean and learn about the culture here. She was older than Hanuel, since she was in her second year of college. But she didn't want Hanuel to use any honourifics around her because she claimed that it would make herself feel old.

Yui turned back around when the bell to the cafe jingled. She smiled at the customer who ordered a drink for himself. Hanuel got back to work on preparing the orders.

- - - - -

“Damn, what happened to your arm?” Jimin asked when he saw Jungkook walked down the stairs. He looked down at the bandage, “I sprained it while trying the air flares yesterday.” J-Hope raised an eyebrow, “You didn't tell us, though.” Jungkook shrugged, “It'll heal, don't worry.” J-Hope sighed, and shared a worried glance with Jimin.

“Well, we can warm up first with some footwork. We don't need to get into any power moves until your arm heals.” J-Hope said as he took off his sweater. Jimin nodded in agreement, “Well, who's leading stretches today?”

“I'll do it.” J-Hope offered.

About an hour passed by and they boys were still practising their choreography. They added about 30 more seconds to it, and made a few of the moves look cooler in presentation. Jungkook checked his watch.

8:01pm.

He looked at the two other guys, “Uh, I'm going to have to leave early today. My mom's making me pick up Hanuel from work and her shift ends soon. Plus, the bus ride is going to take a while.” Jimin nodded and took a few gulps from his water bottle, “Alright. We'll just practice our power moves then.” Jungkook grabbed his duffel bag,

“See you tomorrow Hoseok and Jimin hyung.”

- - - - -

Jungkook walked down the streets, and came to the intersection. He could see the cafe's glowing fluorescent sign from this far away.

Coffee Shop

He felt bitter just looking at it. When the light showed a little stick person, he walked across. As the distance between him and the cafe diminished, the smell of the coffee and drinks became more apparent. He finally reached the door and pushed it open. He had to admit, the interior of the cafe did look presenting.

Pft, but it was nothing too impressive.

Jungkook walked towards the counter and the girl smiled at him, “What would you like to order?” He looked up at the choices, “Just an iced coffee, please.” She typed it into the screen, and the price appeared. Jungkook took out his wallet to pay and then walked towards a table to sit down.

He glanced around.


Where was she?

She told him that she worked out behind the counter where she prepared the drinks, but he was starting to question that when she was nowhere to be found. He sighed and turned his attention to his phone.

Hanuel came out from the backroom and dried her hands. Yui showed her the screen with the new order, and Hanuel nodded as she began preparing the drink. Once she was done, she put it onto a small cup plate, and was decorated with a small sugar spoon. She turned to Yui, “Which table?” Yui looked up to spot the customer, “Oh, right by the corner there.” Hanuel smiled, “Okay.”


She took the plate and walked towards the table. She placed it down, “Here is your order, I hope you-” Jungkook looked up from his phone in the middle of her sentence and the smile slipped off her lips.

“What are you doing here?” She gaped. Jungkook smirked and gave her a challenging look, “What? I liked it better when you were talking in that friendly voice.” She scoffed, “Yuck.”

“I can't be here as a customer?” Jungkook blinked. She narrowed her eyes at him, “That's not the only reason is it?” Jungkook took the drink from her,

“Nope.”

“Then why are you here?”

“To pick you up from work.”

“I don't need you to, though.”

“Under the command of my mother. I can't disobey that.” Jungkook retaliated. She frowned, “Fine. You're going to have to wait for a while then.” He shrugged,

“If it's you I'm waiting for, then I don't mind at all.” He grinned. She scrunched up her face and took her tray,

“You're so annoying.”

- - - - -

Hanuel came out of the staff room, changed, and bid goodbye to her co-worker. She looked back at the table Jungkook was sitting at earlier and blinked.

Didn't he say he was going to wait for her?

She pushed open the door and walked outside. Hanuel looked around. She saw him standing by the wall and walked towards him. He looked up when he noticed she was finally out.

“How come you weren't waiting in there? It's cold outside.” She said. Jungkook took off his headphones and wrapped them around his neck instead, “You guys had to wash up, so I thought it would be courteous if I waited out here.” She rolled her eyes, “You make yourself sound like a saint.” Jungkook chuckled and walked after her, “I am, aren't I?”

“How's your arm?” She suddenly asked. Jungkook unconsciously looked down at it and softened, “It's getting better. It hurts when I move it, but yeah, it's fine.” “Isn't washing it hard? 'Cause you have to take off the bandage everyday right?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “What? Are you saying you'll wash my body for me now?”


Her jaw dropped, “You ert!” He chuckled and stepped back, “I'm kidding. My mom helps me take it off.” She huffed, “Why couldn't you have just answered the question normally?”

“It's because I'm not a normal person.”

- - - - -

Jungkook went back to his room after finally putting Junghwa back to sleep. His parents were still at the restaurant, and when he got home after he dropped Hanuel off, he was surprised to find that Junghwa had woken up. He sat at his desk and took out his homework.

He still had a few questions to finish up.

Not to mention he had a quiz the next day.

He his laptop and signed into his messenger. He was about to message his classmate to ask about the homework the teacher assigned today when a new chat popped up. He raised an eyebrow and clicked it.

Jungkook? Oh, hi! You're online ^^

It was Jaehee. He typed in a reply.

Hey, did you need something?

Actually, yeah. I was wondering which chapter we were supposed to read for History? I forgot >.<

Chapter 11.

Thank you! ^-^ Have a good night~

Yeah, you too.


He closed it. He scrolled down the names and his eyes became mischievous when he saw a familiar name.

:D

What do you want?

Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you?

Go away. You're annoying.

Fine, sweet dreams then.

You're going to sleep?

Lol, no. You are.

What are you talking about?

You need to sleep earlier so you can look pretty for your fanboys tomorrow, duh.

Oh my god, I'm signing off.

Dream about me! :D

Hell no. It'd become a nightmare.


He chuckled to himself when he saw that she had gone offline. He took out his pen and began working.

- - - - -

Hanuel glared at her laptop screen.

That stupid Jungkook had to distract her while she was working.

Seriously?

She actually finished her homework right when she got home, so at the moment- she was just doodling. She lay her head down onto her desk and looked back at her computer screen. Her eyes softened.

She was worried.

She knew Jungkook was one of the main dancers of his group, which meant he was going to have to show off some of his special moves. But how would he be able to with that arm?

She sighed and closed her eyes.

That arm of his better heal in time.

There was one time when Jungkook hurt himself as a child as well, but he refused to tell anybody about it. But Hanuel found out and when she did- she scolded him for being such an idiot.

“Jungkook, give me back my pencil case!”

11-year-old Jungkook turned around and 10-year-old Hanuel rammed into his chest. He held it over her head as she jumped up and down, “No.” Hanuel frowned up at him, “I need it!”

“What do you need?”

“My pencilcase!”

“What about it?”

“I need it!”

“Need what?”

“Jeon Jungkook!” Hanuel shouted as he reached for it again. Jungkook simply laughed and ran off with it. “You're such a bully! Give it back! We're going to walk home late and my mom will yell at me again!” She shouted after him. He shook his head and kept running. She gritted her teeth and ran with all her strength before finally catching up to him. She grabbed onto his shirt from the back and his eyes widened as he went down. She saw this as her chance and went to grab her pencil case from his hands.

“Haha, I got it, you loser-” She stopped laughing when she saw Jungkook lying on the ground with a pained expression. Her eyes widened as she crouched down beside him and shook his arm, “What's wrong?” Jungkook buried his face into his arms, “My back hurts.” She wobbled over and pulled up his shirt to see what he was talking about.

“What happened!?” She gasped when she saw the bruise along his back. “I hit against the basketball pole today during recess.” He explained.

“The pole!?” She repeated.

“No, the net.” He rolled his eyes and she frowned, “Doesn't it hurt? Why didn't you tell the teacher?” He sat up and put his shirt back down, “I'm okay. It will get better, anyway.” She shook her head and grabbed his hand, surprising him. She pulled him up and picked up his backpack from the ground.


“We have to go home and tell your parents.” She declared as she held his hand and marched back home.

Jungkook rolled his eyes from behind her but smiled, nonetheless.


Hanuel shook her head in amusement.

Why did that guy always have to put on such a strong front?


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Nyahaha :D Thank you guys for commenting. <3 And subscribing omg. AND upvoting. adjshka, it means so much to me ;-;

So yeah, I decided to update the day after because of all the comments LOL. 


But anyway, hope you guys like the chapter! ^^ Bye~