Looking For A Job

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel walked around the downtown parts of the city, looking at every window to see if there was any stores in need of workers. She wanted to get a job so she could take the load off of her parent's shoulders and help out a bit, so she had taken the city bus right after school to her destination now.

She sighed as she looked up at the sun and shielded her eyes, “Why is it so sunny?” She adjusted her backpack straps on her shoulder and continued down the streets. She passed by a cafe, and did a double-take before walking inside. She smiled at the lady working behind the counter and ordered for a bubble tea.

“What flavour would you like?”

“Taro, please.”

“Alright, that'll be $3.99.” Hanuel handed her the cash and walked off towards the side and waited for her order. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and took it out.

Baby, you ditched me :(

She raised an eyebrow and typed back in a reply,

Last time I checked, I am not your baby.

Oh yeah, you're my teddy bear x)


She scoffed and was about to put her phone back when it vibrated again. She sighed,

Seriously, where you at?

Looking for a job downtown.

k.


She put her phone back, and a few seconds later, the lady called her back up to pick up her order. She smiled and thanked her as she grabbed her drink and walked towards a table and sat down. She sipped on the drink and plugged in her earbuds, as if taking a break. A few minutes passed, and she suddenly heard her name. She looked at her MP3 in confusion.

Did she somehow record her own voice or something?

She turned the hand-held electronic device around to see if something was wrong when somebody sat down in the chair in front of her. She looked up with wide eyes.

“Hey, what a coincidence.”

Zelo grinned. She nodded, “Hey.” He looked around the cafe, “So, what brings you here?”

“I'm looking for a job.” She sighed. “I haven't had much luck, though.” Something flickered in his eyes before he chuckled, “Do you like this cafe?” She blinked, taken aback by the sudden question.

“It's nice.”

“Would you mind working as a waitress in a cafe for a job?” He asked. fell open and he chuckled at her expression, “Wait, don't tell me-” He nodded and put his hands behind his head as he leaned back, “Yep. My parents own this cafe.”

“Whoa, that's amazing.” She whispered in awe. He smirked, “I know, ey? So what about it? Are you in?” She looked at him, “I'd feel bad-”

“Oh, come on. I'm just helping out.” He reasoned. She bit her lip, “Well, if it's not too much of a bother, then sure.” He held out a hand, gesturing for her to shake it, and she blinked as she shook it.

“You can start tomorrow around 5pm and the shift ends at 9. I'll just tell my mother about it. She's been looking for somebody who could help out. Can you cook?”

Hanuel nodded, “Yeah, I can.” His smile grew wider, “Awesome. Never expected you to be that perfect.” Her face flushed, “Really? Thanks.” She looked back down at her drink, which was already finished. He noticed her gaze, “Oh, I guess you could get going now that you found a job?” She looked at him and smiled, “Thanks to you.”

“My pleasure.”

- - - - -

Hanuel got onto the city bus to hitch a ride back home. She smiled, happy that she as able to find such a pleasant job. She took a seat near the back of the bus, and plugged in her earphones. The bus began moving, and after a while, it halted to let some passengers off. She looked up when she saw a whole crowd get on and she blinked at the number of people. She took her bag from the chair beside her and placed it on her lap instead. Then, she turned back to the window.

Somebody took the seat beside her and she turned around. Her jaw dropped.

Jungkook tilted his head and grinned, “I found you.” She scooted away from him and scowled, “Why are you such a stalker?” He shrugged, “Only to you.” Her face darkened, “Gee , that sure makes me feel better.”

“It should.”

“Don't you have homework to do or something?”

“Finished it already.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot. You're a genius.”

“Hey, you acknowledged that.”

“Shut up.”

He chuckled and adjusted his cap, “So, did you find a job?” She nodded, “I found a job at a cafe.” He raised an eyebrow, “Which one?”

An amused smile lit her lips, “Surprisingly, it's just called Coffee Shop. But guess who owns it?” He bobbed his shoulders up and down.

“Zelo's family owns it. It's so cool.” She said.

Jungkook's face immediately fell. “You're saying his small cafe is cool? I've never heard you compliment my family's restaurant.” She rolled her eyes, “He offered me a job. Why are you being so mean?” He turned the other way, “Seriously, are all humans this thick-headed?”

“You're insulting me, but I don't even know what for.”


“That's because you're dumb.”

“Jungkook, I'm going to slap you.”

“Fine, fine.” He turned back around and he leaned in to search her eyes, “If you needed a job, why couldn't you have asked me? You could have worked at my place.” She blinked and leaned back instinctively, “It's because we're almost like family. I don't want to work at the restaurant because that would mean auntie and uncle would have to pay me.”

Jungkook nodded in understanding, “Almost like family? Congratulations, you acknowledged another thing today.” She raised an eyebrow, “What?”

“The fact that we're finally married and we're family now- ow, , Hanuel.” He rubbed his ear, the one she had pulled. She huffed and turned around to face the window and he rolled his eyes in amusement.

This was so fun.

- - - - -

“Are you even trying? You're so slow.”

As a warmup for their physical education period, they were supposed to find a partner and do some exercises.

Jungkook had already finished his three sets of 20 sit ups, and now it was Hanuel's turn for three sets of 15 push ups. Although it wasn't required that every female had to do 20- because the requirement was only 15- she wanted so she could prove that Jungkook wasn't that far ahead of her.

He was now standing, lightly, on her shoes so that he could he keep her steady as she did her sit ups. She glared up at him as she did her twelfth one.

“Would you stop it?”

“Stop what?”

“Being a jerk!” Jungkook chuckled when he saw her put in more effort, and in less than 10 more seconds, she was finished the rest of her sit ups. She let out a breath as she lay her back flat onto the mat. Jungkook clapped, “Yay, you finished.”

She peeked open an eye, “You're mocking me again.” He raised an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders, “Am I?”

She groaned, “You're annoying.”

“Alright, if you're done with your sets, then gather around because we're going to split into teams for a basic game of capture-the-flag out in the fields with the trees!”

- - - - -

Fortunately for Hanuel, she wasn't on Jungkook's team.

Unfortunately for Jungkook, he wasn't on her team.

He scratched his head, glancing up at the sun. The teacher was just giving the other team some pep talk, and strategies, and was going to do the same for this team. After doing so, he walked back to the middle of the field and held up a flag,

“On the count of 10, you guys can start!”

“Ready? Go!”

People dashed forward from all directions, crossing the boundary line to reach to other side. Some were caught and had to walk all the way back to their side of the field. Some were cautious and stayed near the line, preventing the other team from advancing. Jungkook looked up and he noticed Hanuel had already managed to steal one of the flags from their team and was hidden behind a tree, looking for the right time to make a dash for it.

He shook his head.

What an idiot.

Didn't she know that he'd see wherever she went?

He ran at full-speed towards her and she let out a gasp when she saw who was running closer. She side-stepped him and made a dash for her side of the field. They practically ran across the field, with Hanuel dodging the enemy players. She was just about to step over the line when she felt his hand brush past her waist, successfully ripping the flag off of her belt. She halted and bent over to catch her breath as Jungkook waved the flag in her face,

“Do you know why I love this game so much?” He asked. She looked up at him, “It's because you're so good at it that you want to rub it in my face.” He shook his head with a grin,

“It gives me a reason to interact with you so intimately.”

Her eyes flashed with anger as she stepped on his foot, “You ert!”

- - - - -

Hanuel took the city bus once again to go to her first day of work. She walked down the streets of downtown before arriving at the cafe. She walked up that one stone step and pushed open the door. A lady from behind the counter looked up,

“Oh, good evening. You must be Lee Hanuel, right? The girl my son was talking about.”

“Yes, I am. Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.”

“No, no. Thank you for wanting to help out! I'm more than grateful.”

Hanuel smiled at her down-to-earth attitude. The lady held out her hand, “You can call me Mrs. Choi.” Hanuel nodded and bowed as she shook her hand gently, “Hanuel, at your service.” She straightened up as Mrs. Choi glanced around the cafe, “So, I'll just spend some time to show you around and get you familiar with the place. Are you alright with that?”

“No problem!”

“Do you know how to make all the drinks on that menu?”

Hanuel looked up and scanned through the different drinks, “Yes m'am.” Mrs. Choi let out a laugh, “Of course. My son was talking about how capable you were!” Hanuel smiled, “Thank you.”

“You don't need to worry about the pastries for today because the girl over there can handle that.” She explained. Hanuel nodded obediently, taking it all in.

“I'll just show you a quick tour of our kitchen, and then the staff room.” She led the way and Hanuel followed along.


After a few more minutes of the 'tour', Hanuel was given her locker key, and her own staff uniform/apron. She exchanged greetings with the girl at the cash register and got to work when the orders came in.

It went on like this for a few more hours. Hanuel never knew working around, for four hours would actually be this exhausting. She finished her last cup of coffee for the customer, and smiled as the guy took it. She looked back and gave her co-worker a smile. She smiled back, “Good work, today!”

Hanuel nodded, “You too!”

Mrs. Choi came out of the kitchen and looked around. It was dark outside now, and the customers had all left. She smiled at the two girls, “I'm so glad to have you girls here. Thank you for your hard work.”

They both bowed, “No problem! Thank you.”

Hanuel went back into the staff room and changed out of her apron before placing it back into her small cubed locker. She got her bag and headed towards the door. She bid another goodbye to Mrs. Choi and stepped out of the cafe.

She smiled and took a deep breath.

It was good to know you did something that was all on your own.

She fixed her hoodie, and then walked down the streets. But when she looked up, she paused in her steps. Jungkook was leaning against the wall and he looked up from his phone. He checked the time,

“Do you know how long I've waited for you?”

She scowled and walked closer to him, “Who told you to wait, you idiot?”

“My heart did.” He replied. She blinked, “Stop saying such dumb comments, seriously.” He chuckled and pushed himself off the wall and walked in front of her, “How was your first day of work?” She shrugged as they began walking, “It's a lot more tiring than I imagined but it's good to know I finally did something by myself.”

“Haven't you noticed you've always been independent, though?”

She shook her head, “I depend on people so much. People like you and that fact makes me pissed off because I need your help.”

He smirked.

Yeah, it'd be like her to put it that way.

“Why are you even here, though? You could been at home watching television or something.”

“Like I told you, I want you to be by my side at all times.”


“Oh jeez. Please, spare me.”

Jungkook chuckled and grabbed her hand, noticing how cold it was and frowned slightly,

“Do you even know how worried I'd be if I let you walk home alone at a time like this?”

She retracted her hand and stepped away from him with wide eyes. Her face was pink, and she was speechless.

“Stop touching me!”

"You know, my heart hurts everytime you reject me. You're so cruel." He pretended to reach for her hand but she ran forward- away from him,

“I mean it, you idiot! Stay away from me!”


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Thank you guys for all your comments and the upvotes! <3 Also, just a big thanks for people who even read this 'cause...yeah c: I'm so thankful. 

Have you guys watched Hurricane? Destiny? Wolf Drama Version? AND We Are Bulletprood Pt.2? Ermahgawd ;-; Quadruple the awesomeness. <3 But... 

1. What on earth did they do to Zelo's hair? ;-; 
2. I still don't get why Infinite disappeared and burst into flames LOL. I may just be dumb though lalalalala. D:
3. Suga....are you seriously wearing two flashlights on either side of your head? x) Trolol, you cute dork. <3

4. Whyyyyyy is Luhan the badass guy? He's the most baby-faced LOLOLOL. He still looks cool c:

Enough of that though, thank you so muchies! I hope you enjoyed the chapter~ (: