Tempting Me

Next Stop, Insanity

Hanuel will you dance with me?”

Those words rang in her ears before her mind finally processed it. Her eyes widened in astonishment,

“Huh!?” Was her only response. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, “Seriously? I ask you so romantically and yet you give me such a immature answer.”

“I-” But before she could say anything, he pulled her into his chest. He softly smiled as he wrapped his arms around her small body. She could smell his cologne, and she thought she was going crazy at this point with how fast her heart was beating. One arm lay limp by his side while the other gripped onto his shirt,

“What are you doing you ert-

“This is just like when we were little. Don't you remember?” He whispered as he rested his chin on top of her head. She stopped talking as parted.

Yeah, of course she remembered.

How could she forget?

“Come here.”

“No! You're just going to make fun of me again, you poop head.”

“Poop head? Seriously? You're so childish, Hanuel. I'm just trying to fix your flaws.”

“You're being mean again!”

“If you don't learn how to dance with a guy, how will you do your play well? You know you have to dance with me anyway. The teacher even scolded you for not putting in effort.”

“I can learn on my own. I hate the teacher for making you my partner! Why couldn't it have been another normal guy?”

“A normal guy? Am I not normal to you?”

“Nope.”

“Pft, what will you even practice with, your bunny plushie? I highly doubt it's as handsome as me.”

She whirled around and pushed his shoulders back, causing him to stumble on his feet, “I hate you!” Jungkook laughed, “Your expression's cute.” Her eyes widened as she stepped back, “Huh!?” He rolled his eyes and pulled her arms so she was now in front of him. He put her arms around his neck and put his own around her waist.

“There, this is how you dance with a guy.”

“You're so annoying, Jungkook.”

“I wonder how many times you've told me that?”


Hanuel looked up at him as he tilted his head. She quickly looked back down as her face flushed.

Why did he always do this to her?


“Stop joking around.” She whispered.

She couldn't tell if he was teasing her or whether he was actually being serious.

Jungkook tilted her chin up, “Do I not look serious to you at this point?” She blinked, “What-”

“You haven't answered my question.” He cut in but then he smirked, “Or are you too scared to show me your terrible dancing skills?” Her eyes widened at his accusation, “What? My dancing skills are fine, thank you very much!”

“Then show me.”

“Fine!” She shouted back, finally wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down. She stared at his eyes, “You're a jerk, did you know that?”

“You're really tempting me, Hanuel.” He whispered as his eyes fell onto her lips. He leaned in and her eyes crossed as she stared at his face, “What are you- Yah!” She pushed his head back, “The song's ending soon. Hurry up.” He chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She shut her eyes as she put her head against his chest.

Why was she so flustered?

Maybe it was because she hadn't danced with any guy before, and she wasn't prepared for it?

The only person she had ever danced with was Jungkook anyway.

They swayed back and forth, slowly, as if trying to keep in rhythm with the music. Jungkook wondered if she could tell how fast his heart was beating right now. But then he dismissed the thought. She was too dense anyway.

“You know, I like it like this.” She whispered. His eyes widened as he looked down at her. She looked away, “I don't feel like punching you or anything.” His expression faltered slightly.

Of course she'd say something like that.

“So then what do you feel?” He tilted his head. Her eyes rounded, “What? I don't know. I just- I don't know. You do get on my nerves, but you're not that annoying, okay?” He chuckled at her confession as he brushed a few strands of hair away from her face, “You're so cute when you're like this.” She looked at him, “Yeah, never mind. You're annoying again.”

Although, the fact that she was oblivious kept things more interesting.

When the song finally ended, she quickly pulled out of his arms, “There, we're done dancing.” Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Were you that annoyed to dance with me?” She opened to say something, but then shut it.

She didn't know what to say.

She didn't mind it, at least.

The lights turned back on, and then the spotlight was now directed to the stage where two students stood. Jungkook took her hand and led her back to a table and sat down, putting their focus on the stage. The girl bowed,

“Welcome to our school's Spring semi-formal! We hope you're all having fun.”

“We have an event right now. When you came in, you were all handed a ticket right? We'll be reading out the few lucky people to do our special event for the night.”

“What's the event?” One guy from the tables called out. The girl held a finger to her lips, “Sh, it's a secret.” Hanuel and Jungkook took out their tickets and they exchanged looks. She quickly looked away as he chuckled in amusement.

“Our first number is 1209!” The girl announced. A guy from the crowd headed up, letting her confirm his ticket. “We have our first winner here!” The guy announced as he ushered for the student to step back and stand in a line.

“Next we have, 6079.” The guy called.

It continued on like that for four more numbers, leaving only two more numbers to be called.

“Do we have a 9071 out there?” The girl read out. Hanuel looked back at her ticket.

#9071

Jungkook noticed her expression and looked down at her ticket. He raised an eyebrow when she stood up and walked onto stage. The girl on stage smiled at her, “Hey Hanuel.” Hanuel chuckled, “Hey Sunri.”

“Alright, and our last number of the night is 1396!” The guy looked around, and he furrowed his eyebrows when nobody stood up. “Does nobody have this numb-”

“I have it!” A voice called out. Everybody turned their heads to see who it was.

Zelo awkwardly chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, “I dropped the ticket on the ground, and it took me awhile to pick it up.” The whole room burst into laughter as he walked up onto stage. The guy on stage looked up at him, “Yeah, I feel really short standing here now.” Zelo smirked, “Should I crouch?” causing another round of laughter to erupt.

“So, you guys must be curious as to what this game is right?”

“We're playing musical chairs!” The guy announced. “The winner gets a $50 dollar gift card to the mall along with this special gift bag here.”

A few of the students helping out, had already parted the tables and formed a circle with the chairs in the middle of the dance floor. The contestants all stepped down and walked behind the chairs.

“I can't believe we're playing such a childish game.” One guy muttered. Another girl nodded in agreement, “It's harder for us girls since we have heels on.”

“There's a catch though!” The girl revealed suddenly. Everyone in the room looked at her in confusion.

“As long as you have your feet off the ground when the music stops, you're considered safe!”

The music began to play and the six students circled around. Once the music stopped, Hanuel quickly sat down onto a chair and looked around at the other students. One guy was pushed off as a girl sat down. He groaned in defeat and walked back to his table.

They continued circling until there were three people left. Of the three, Hanuel and Zelo included. He looked at her, “I'm surprised you got this far with your heels.” She looked down at her shoes and a grin appeared, “I am too although I'm not one to give up on challenges so easily.” Zelo chuckled in amusement, “I can tell.” 

The music started to play again and right when the music stopped, Hanuel quickly scrambled to sit down.

Her eyes widened when she plopped down.

That was not how a chair felt like.

She quickly turned around to see Zelo who stared back at her. The students in the room erupted in responses from this. Some were gawking, some were laughing and some- beyond pissed. Jungkook balled his fists from his table, glaring at Zelo.

“Oh! Darn, she had one foot touching the ground!” The guy gasped as he walked closer with his mic to inspect their position.

Hanuel quickly got off his lap and bowed, “I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to.” Zelo chuckled, “Not a problem. I'm sorry I had to make a lady like you lose.” Hanuel looked up, “Oh- it's no problem.” She gave a smile to the two MC's and walked back to her table. Jungkook gave her a look as she sat down, and she sent him a quizzical one in return.

“What?”

“You don't sit on my lap, yet you sit on that skyscraper's?” He hissed. She blinked, “It's not like I meant to and would you stop with your erted thoughts!?”

“The only thing in my thoughts right now is anger.”

- - - - -

Nearing the end of the event, Jungkook had somehow convinced Hanuel to dance with him.

Again.

She realized he hadn't spoken for a while and she lightly looked up at him, who was staring off.

“Are you mad?” She asked. He finally looked back down at her, but didn't say anything. She buried her face back into his chest, “I'm sorry.”

“Do you even know what you're apologizing for?” He spoke. She shook her head, “No. I just know I did something to make you upset and I'm apologizing for it.” He sighed.

How could he stay mad when she was so cute?

“You're so clueless, Hanuel.” He whispered. She didn't say anything. He pulled her in closer, and his hold on her tightened.

“You know, with a girl like you, I think you're just perfect for me.” Her eyes widened as she pulled back, “Perfect? Who do you think you are? You idiot!”

“Sheesh, why do you always reject me?” He shook his head in disappointment. She narrowed her eyes at him,

“You really piss me off.”

He lightly smirked as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder, pulling her into a hug. She gasped, “What-”

“You're cold. Your shoulders are cold, Hanuel. Why didn't you bring a jacket?” He whispered. She shrugged, “Minjung said it would ruin the dress.”

“I don't care what she says. You're more important to me. How do you think I'd feel if you caught a cold?”

She raised an eyebrow, “Why do you keep saying these things to me? You're really annoying.” Jungkook rolled his eyes as he rested his chin on top of her head, “I know.”

- - - - -

“Did you have fun?” Minjung asked as she came over and slid her arm into Hanuel's.

The semi-formal had ended, and now people were coming out of the building in search for their rides. It was already dark outside.

She looked at her, “You left me for Zelo, so how could I have fun?” Minjung looked down, “I bet you had fun with Jungkook, anyway. But I'm sorry. I guess I just lost track of time. But I did see you play Musical Chairs!” Hanuel looked up, “You did?”

“Why did you let him win!? You should have won! A $50 dollar gift card would've been awesome.” Minjung pouted. Hanuel raised an eyebrow, “You don't mind me sitting on his lap? Although it was by accident.” Minjung looked up, “No? Pft, it's not like he's my boyfriend. I'm just surprised you were so composed afterwards because the only guy you've ever done skin ship with is-”

“Me, isn't it?” A voice chuckled from behind. They turned around as Jungkook and J-Hope walked down the parking lot to where they were standing. Hanuel scoffed, “Oh shut up.” J-Hope laughed, “You two are so amusing.” Minjung nodded, “I agree!” Hanuel gave her a look, “How?”

Minjung giggled, “Oh nothing. You'll eventually see for yourself.” J-Hope smirked as Jungkook looked at her to see how she'd react.

She looked as confused as ever at the moment.

J-Hope looked up when he saw headlights and he nudged Jungkook, “Yo, our ride's here. See you later, you two!” He waved. Jungkook leaned down in front of Hanuel, “Dream of me tonight.” Her eyes widened as Minjung gasped, “Oh my god.” Jungkook smirked and walked off as Hanuel stood there, fuming.

“What the hell, Jeon Jungkook! You stupid, erted, stalker! Ugh!” She shouted.

- - - - -

Jungkook came out of the shower as he dried his hair with a towel. He walked over to his phone and turned it on. He went to his photo album and a smile appeared on his face.

He had managed to take a picture during the semi-formal when Hanuel and him were dancing together. She didn't notice it, fortunately. Although he couldn't see her face in the photo, he could tell by how tight her grip was on his shirt that was was nervous.

But what for?

He wish he knew the reason why.

To be honest, Jungkook was more than happy to have danced with her tonight. The feeling was different from when they were kids. His heart was still beating, and he felt light-headed when he thought back to holding her so closely, but he shook off his daze.

He went to his contacts and scrolled down to her name. He typed in a few things before pressing send. He put his phone back and lay onto his bed. Jungkook put an arm over his eyes and sighed.

That girl was seriously driving him insane.

How did she not know that?

How cruel of her.

- - - - -

Hanuel was watching TV with her mother when her phone vibrated from the coffee table. She raised an eyebrow in confusion as she went to check it.

Her jaw dropped.

Don't you find this picture cute? I'm going to make this my wallpaper and keep it forever <3

“Jeon Jungkook! I'm going to kill you.” She gripped tightly onto her phone as she typed in a reply.

You better delete that or I'm going to tear your phone apart.

No way. I love this picture. It's one of the rare times when you're not trying to hurt me.

That's because you piss me off all the time!

I'm keeping it no matter what. I'm sleeping now, remember to dream about me! <3

...I seriously hate you. So much. To the moon and back.

Well, I seriously love you. So much. To the moon and back ;D

...wth? 


Her mother looked at her in surprise as she leaned over to see what her daughter was so angry about. She chuckled when she saw the picture,

“I think you two look cute together.” 


musicnotes_zpsd529d25f.gif?t=1373327004

Wheeheu~ I finished it. 

Anyway, I am so thankful for you guys commenting, subscribing and upvoting! *o* I love you all. <3 

I hope you liked the chapter :D It took me a while to write in emotions because I didn't want to make it so...cheesy? Or too obvious and blah blah blah. Idk ;-; 

Bye-bye! (: