Chapter 8

Ice Cold

After explaining about  Jaehee’s, Junhong’s, and Hayi’s superb academic performance making them move a grade level up; my friends, as well as I, suddenly felt intellectually lacking. Even the three smartest, Suho, Luhan, and Lay, felt that way. Not only did my friends feel stupid, they were also embarrassed. The fact that a girl two or so years younger than them frightens them is very humiliating.

“Well, now that’s out of the bag,” Junhong spoke up feeling the awkward atmosphere surrounding the classroom.

“Don’t say anything.” Jaehee looked at the group of boys who were still in a state of shock. “Say something and you’ll regret it. Sehun learned the hard way.” She took a side glance at me. Her eyes were dark. A bit hazy, but dark. Her tone serious, very serious.

My friends, who were taken aback from the roughness of her voice and her sharp tone, nodded their heads repeatedly, as if they were controlled.

Snapping out of his daze, Kai looked at me. “Sehun, you knew she was two years younger than us?” he asked in utter disbelief. “I never heard her call you ‘oppa’ or even acknowledge you being older than her.”

“I can either confirm or deny such accusations under the watch of an attorney present.” The words slipped off my lips with ease.

           Junhong stood, slinging one back strap on. “Let’s go.” He motioned for the two girls to follow him out. They, none the less, obeyed.

            Jaehee kept her eyes on me as she stood up, also slinging on back strap on her shoulders, before turning around to not be left behind.

            Bewildered by her actions, I was about to grab her but was stop by Key hyung. I gave him a bizarre look, as if what he did was the craziest thing ever done. As her boyfriend, I have the right to know why she is following that new kid.

            “Don’t,” he said. “Choi Junhong is someone you do NOT want to mess with, regardless if he is younger than you.”

            My shoulders slumped.

            “Those three, you see, are inseparable. They grew up together and they’re quite similar especially when they are out in public. If you think Onew hyung and Taemin were tough nuts to crack, Junhong is a boulder and Hayi is a concrete wall.  Jae being the youngest out of the three makes them more overprotective towards her. Also, get used to her not coming over so often, or most of the time.”

            Those words shot me, a wound starting to form in me. The world seemed to be spinning as the words wrapped around my head. Her not being around me when we can be together. Pure torture. My shoulders sagged as I got put slinging my bag on my shoulders and headed out the door.

                                                            *          *          *

As I expected, she was not here at the house. I numbly sat down on the couch as I flipped through my phone, going through photos of the two of us. Though we have not broken up or in any circumstances where our relationship is on the line, it feels like it is.

Day after day, I have been through the same routine, missing a part of me inside. I have grown colder, a little mean, like it no longer was a façade. I see her everyday but it still was not enough. I see her small smiles towards her friends, not even sparing me a glance. It hurts and breaks me more every day.

After ten days, we happened to be facing each other in the corridor. Her arms filled with a stack of books. Her eyes sparked when her eyes landed on mine. But my expression was not fazed. I held my head high, my eyes bored into her and bushed by her shoulder leaving her standing there. I took a small glance back to her and saw her shoulder sag down a bit.

My heart cringed a bit from what I saw but I held my composure and continued on.

I settled myself on my seat once I reached the classroom looking blankly at the wall in front of me. I knew I hurt her. Her body language said it all. Was it selfish of me not to give her a glance? But I hurt. I have been hurting for days now, yet she never came to my rescue.

Feeling something vibrate in the pocket of my pants, I took out my phone. There was a message; a message from her. “Oppa wants to have dinner with us,” it stated.

Knowing this is my chance to have her with me and to reconcile with her, I quickly replied stating my acceptance to the invitation. She quickly replied back, “I’ll see you at home later.” She was coming home today. To our home.

The bell rung loudly hours later. Jae quickly bid goodbye to her two friends walked pass behind me to get to the door as I followed suit. Making our way to the parking lot, we drove our cars back home.

Upon reaching, her beating me home, I opened the doors and quickly tackled her in a hug. I missed her, a lot. She struggled in the tight embrace but returned the favor afterwards knowing I was not going to let go any time soon.

“I missed you so much,” I muttered in her hair.

“I missed you too,” she replied.

I quickly caught her lips with mine, giving her a deep kiss. A kiss full of want, full of love.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am truly sorry for taking a gazillion years to update. Who know junior year of high school is the hardest and the busiest? Lame excuse ever, I know. School ended like three weeks ago, and I'm using school as an excuse. Oh, kill me now. Lol. But the week after school, I had to prepare for my SAT Test and went job hunting for the other two. I'm still going to be busy do to the summer homework given from my AP teacher and work, so please bear with me. I would also like to thank strawberry iced tea and Missha Beautiful lip tint that helped me through witing this chapter. Lol. Subscribe and upvote!