Chapter 4

Ice Cold

I was walking to my car with Jaehee, our hands interlocked.

“Yah! Where are you going?!” her brother, Jinki, yells.

After all the laughing, we got to know each other. Her brothers didn’t agree at first but warmed up to me. Jaehee’s and her brothers’ friends introduced themselves as SHINee as we introduced ourselves as EXO. We got along pretty well. But, just for safety purposes, I made sure to keep a good distance between Jaehee and Jonghyun.

“My car is next to his,” Jae yells back.

I led her into her car and gave her a kiss before heading into mine. I follow her car out the school gates and on the main road. In the rear-view mirror, I could see a bunch of cars following suit. We pull up to my flat, my car parked in the garage with Jae’s car. Stepping out of my car, everyone else entered the building.

“Nice place you have here, Sehun.” Minho pats my shoulder before going inside.

I step inside to see my friends scattered around, some in the kitchen searching for something to munch on and some walking in and out of rooms, while Jaehee’s brothers and the rest of SHINee were admiring the interior of the house giving quick positive comments. “Jae,” I call, “Where are you?”

“I’m changing. Why?” she calls back.

“She stays with you?” Taemin hyung asks.

Glares were given back to me from Jinki. Jonghyun, being naughty minded asks if anything happened between us which just increased the glares towards me and brought the attention of my friends. Another situation caused by Jonghyun.

I quickly deny the false accusations given once again from Jonghyun. I explain to them about Jaehee staying over from time to time. “With your parents’ permission of course,” I ended my explanation. If I did not mention about their parents, I am sure that I would not have lived the next couple minutes.

“You met our. . . Oh! So you must be the boy that mom keeps talking about.” Taemin hyung hit a realization. “Hyung,” he calls Jinki. “Remember the boy that mom keeps blabbering about, the one that she wants as her in-law.”

“Mom’s still talking about him?” Jaehee says descending the stairs. She wore my black shirt that has my name labeled in the front which ended mid-thigh hiding her white, short-cut track shorts. “How about dad? Is he talking about Sehun too?”

“Not really. He made a comment about him though. ‘That boy. He’s nice. I like him.’ That’s all he said,” Taemin imitates their father’s voice.

Jaehee settle herself comfortably on the loveseat with her phone in her hand. She glances back and forth from her phone to her brother as she types. “Oh. He told me that too when they first met him. So I guess nothing changed.”

I went up to change out of my school uniform and into more comfortable cloths – a black wife beater and a pair of red basketball shorts – and went back down moments after. I pull Jaehee up and sat down on her seat and pull her back to sit next to me encircling my arm around her waist. She places her legs on top of mine and shifts to get more comfortable, leaning her head on my shoulder.

“I see you two get very comfortable with each other even when there are people around you,” Jinki says not liking our position.

“Is this how she really is when she’s not in school and not scaring people with her cold attitude?” Kai asks.

“I knew she was hot, but damn,” Chanyeol curses. “I didn’t know she could be y too.” He eyed her legs.

“EXCUSE ME?!” her brothers and I shout.

I cover her legs with the blanket that hung on the back rest of our seat and glare at my friends who were looking away awkwardly. Jaehee kept her gaze on her phone pretending not to hear Chanyeol’s comment. She slid her finger across the screen scrolling down the page; her eyes scanning the words as she read.

“Jagi, what are you reading?” I ask taking a peek at her phone.

She quickly locked her phone and hid it from my sight. She gave me a quick small smile before turning back to the group of boys who made themselves at home by being scattered around the floor and taking up the couch. Their eyes were fixed on the television set as it played a rerun of Shut Up! Flower Boy Band. My eyes glare at the show as if on instinct.

Other than Jaehee’s undying love for the main character of her favorite novel, another thing that can ruffle up my feathers is a boy named Kim Myungsoo. Oh yes, the very thing that can get Jaehee head-over-heels. Though her love for Will Herondale is greater, I have not many worries about him for he is, and as I told her a million times, a fictional character. But this guy, Kim Myungsoo or better known as L, is in fact real. Also the fact that he knows the existence of Jaehee and does contact her from time to time makes my head explode.

“Look Jae, it’s your prince,” Taemin points to the no other than Kim Myungsoo.

“I miss Myung-Myung oppa and Minkyu oppa,” she says keeping her eyes on the screen.

My friends look at her bewildered, unknown to the situation. They look at her as if she were crazy. As if it was impossible for her to know people seen on the screen. My friends turn their gazes on me asking if she indeed knew the two males she mentioned.

As much as I wanted to deny that fact, Key hyung beat me to answering them, “She and Myungsoo are friends, even before he became famous. And Yoo Minkyu is her cousin.”

“Now that I think of it,” Jonghyun spoke up, “Chanyeol looks like Minkyu.”

Jaehee stands up and stood in front of Chanyeol. She held him by the chin examining his facial features. Chanyeol grew a light shade of pink as his and Jaehee’s face were just merely centimeters apart. “He does kind of look like him,” she says stepping back. “He’s also tall, just like him. It’s creepy.”

She walks back to her seat. My arms open, inviting her in my embrace as she sits down. She positions herself the way she was before she got up. “Yah! Park Chanyeol. How tall are you?”

“185,” Chanyeol stutters. He was confused as everyone else on why Jaehee asked for his height.

Jaehee nods and looks back at the screen not noticing the confused looks given to her. I also have no idea why she asked Chanyeol for his height. Everyone kept quiet until Baekhyun broke the silence asking the question everyone wanted the answer for. “Why did you ask about Chanyeol’s height?”

She gave them a quick but simple response not really answering the question. She stated Yoo Minkyu being taller than Chanyeol. Chanyeol, who quickly shifted his gaze to the television, glares at the boy he was being compared to.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the shows flip as Chanyeol surfed the channels after he got irritated from the realization of him looking like Yoo Minkyu. Most of SHINee left stating that they have something to do. Jaehee went up to the bedroom after ten minutes of channel surfing. Her brothers left not long after she went upstairs. All that’s left was my friends and I, not including Jaehee who’s still upstairs doing who knows what.

After twenty minutes of channel surfing, we decided to hook up the PlayStation. Before we got to actually playing, we had an argument on which game to play. It was Call of Duty vs. Tekken. We tried going at this democratically by choosing the most votes but both having six votes each, we were stuck with a tie.

“We should just play Tekken,” I try arguing with the other half of my friends. “My house, my rules.”

“No, we should play Black Ops. Come on dude,” Kai fires back. “Scared I might kick your ?”

“SHUT UP!” A voice rang over our loud arguing. Our heads turned to the direction of the voice to see Jaehee at the top of the staircase looking quite annoyed. “What the hell is the problem?” she says crossing her arms over her chest.

“We can’t decide on what to play,” Suho, the calmest one out of all of us, says.

“What games?” Jae asks descending the stairs.

“Tekken and COD,” Chen, who was sprawled out on the floor, says.

“Let’s play Tekken. I want to kick all your butts.” Jae inserts the disc before anyone could rebut her decision and grabs a controller. She pulls me to sit on the floor at the foot of the couch and sits in between my legs with her back resting against my chest.

Kai slumps in defeat as the game started. He settles himself on the unoccupied loveseat as he waits his turn. We decided to have a team match so I grabbed another controller and played with Jae. Jaehee and I were up against Kris and Tao, who were the first to win the challenge of rock-paper-scissors, thus making them the first to play.

“Don’t go easy on her, or you’ll regret it,” I warned them before we started the game.

Just within a few minutes, Jaehee knocks out Tao’s character and helps me knock out Kris’s character. The two as well as the rest of my friends stares at Jae in disbelief.

“Dude,” Kai sounds awed extending the word. “I love your girlfriend. Break up with Sehun and be with me. I’ve always wanted a gamer girlfriend.”

I glare at my friend who was kneeled in front of us with his hands clasped begging my girlfriend to get together with him. “You can’t have her Kim Jongin. She’s mine and we’re going to get married and make beautiful children,” I say. She squirmed and let out a few giggles as I nuzzle her neck and plant kisses on it.

We continued playing after I pushed Kai, rejecting his pleads he kept up the entire time he was here. Bring it up after every couple minutes. Jae and I won the remaining rounds with the rest of my friends. Once it was Kai’s turn, he shamelessly asked if he could be partnered up with Jaehee and me with Kyungsoo. Sending Kai another glare, I rejected his offer wrapping my arms around the girl situated in front of me sticking my tongue out to him. 

My friends decided to stay over for dinner as evening came. We agreed on ordering take-out since laziness overcame us after playing. Jaehee took the initiative in making the call ordering five large pizzas with various toppings. The rest of the night was spent well. Luhan along with Kai decided to stay the night having kept some of their cloths in the guest’s room.

“Jae, you need have to sleep with me tonight,” I inform the girl staring at the television set. “Luhan and Kai are sleeping over. They’re staying in the guest room.”

Kai, amused with my statement, asks if she always sleep in the guest room when she stays over followed by teasing. I let him finish is raid of insults before giving him an explanation. Before I actually got to explain to him anything, a pillow was thrown from behind me knocking Kai in the head hard enough for him to stumble back and fall. I let out a guffaw.

Jaehee stands up walking pass Kai, giving him a side glance before continuing her way up the stairs. I follow right behind her after calming down. I follow her into my room. She sat on the foot of my bed, looking down. I had a big grin on my face.

“You do know that in school we still have to be the way we were today, right? They still think we broke up.”

And that burst my bubble.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Just to inform you guys, I will not be updating next week since I would be on a trip and I do have a chapter ready, but I wouldn't have any time to revise it. So I hope you guys can hold up for one week. Thank you for reading. Subscribe, comment, or upvote!