Chapter 3

Ice Cold

The last bell rang, indicating the end of the school day, but here I am, still in school as Kim songsaeng-nim instructed me to do. Jaehee was pacing back and forth as we wait for her brothers to arrive. Along with us were Kim songsaeng-nim, and my friends, EXO.

I look back at my friends, who were scared out of their minds for not knowing why Kim songsaeng-nim asked them to stay back after school. All I know about them being here is to be punished. For what? I don’t know.

“Babe, stop pacing back and forth. You’re making me dizzy,” I whine as I pull her in to sit on my lap. I hug her waist tightly as I nuzzle her shoulder inhaling her scent. The smell of cherry blossoms.  

            “How can I not pace? My brothers are coming, probably to rip your head off and feed on your blood,” she exaggerates.

            “Your brothers are not like that,” Kim songsaeng-nim, or Key as he wanted me to address him out of school, says. “Well then again, this is concerning you. So yeah, you should be worried.”

          “Wait a minute. Wait a minute,” Baekhyun says standing up raising his hands as a gesture to stop. “You two,” he points to me and Jaehee, “You didn’t break up?”

            The look my friends had was utterly hilarious. Their eyes were wide open; some had their mouths hung open, while some were trying to fit two pieces of the puzzle. I shook my head, stating that I did not break up with her.

            “Wait, wait, wait,” Luhan also stands up. “So you’re telling me that you were being cold and scaring the out of us for no damn reason?!”

            “Oh look baby, I did scare them. And here I thought that they saw through the act,” I cooed and place a chaste kiss on Jaehee’s cheek.

We both look back at my group of friends. They all had their mouths agape. It was a sight to see. Key was laughing seeing the look of my friends, as well as Jaehee who let out a giggle.

“Interesting,” Kyungsoo, my short friend with big eyes, says. “So the Ice Princess is capable of being something other than cold.”

“Of course! How do you think I fell in love with her?” I inquire.

Then this whole big ruckus about me being in love started. The classroom was loud despite there only being fourteen people inside.

Without anyone else noticing, the door slid open, revealing two men as they stepped inside the class. “QUIET DOWN!” shouts the short man who sported red framed Ray Bans. He had a look of irritation clearly written on his face.

My friends including me stood up and greeted the two men. “Annyeonghaseyo.” We bowed thinking they were her brothers.

“Ew. You two aren’t my brothers,” Jaehee grumpily mutters.

“Why would I be one of your brothers? Please, they are not nearly as handsome as me,” the man who shouted earlier spoke.

“Yeah, says the guy who has been single for five years and still is single,” Jaehee rolls her eyes.

As the two started a whole new argument about the male’s relationship status, we all sat back down and watched in amusement. My friends were amazed on seeing Jaehee not act cold for once. To them, this was foreign. To me, not so foreign. I’ve seen her be anything other than cold but I never saw her ever argue with someone for something as ridiculous as a relationship status.

These must be the rest of her and her brother’s friends, I thought.

I glance at the other male who came in with the man that was arguing with Jaehee. He was probably as tall as me. Sure enough he towers over Key and the other man. His eyes were large as Kyungsoo’s eyes but slightly rounder.

“Whatever, I know that you love me,” says the man arguing with Jaehee making me turn my attention to them. “And you want to marry me.”

I furrow my eyebrows and pull Jaehee towards me as if protecting her from the man in front of us while sending him a glare. If Jaehee was going to marry anyone, that person would be me. Not this man in front of us, not my friends, not even the other man who was leaning against the teacher’s desk. No one but me.

             “I suggest you let go of my sister if you know what’s good for you,” a voice behind me says.

We all look back to the source of the voice. There stood two other men who also sported Ray Bans. They stood with their arms crossed looking intently towards me through their sunglasses and having my arms wrapped around Jaehee’s waist as she sat on my lap did not help. I wondered how they appeared, and then I remembered there being a back door for the classroom.

Jaehee stands up and embraces the two men who returned the favor while they both place a kiss on her head. “Oppa-deul,” she calls them. They smile at her as she sent them a small smile.

My friends gasp. “She can smile,” one of my friends say.

I roll my eyes at their stupidity. Jaehee’s brothers took a glance towards my friends and rested their gaze back to me. One of her brothers takes off his sunglasses unveiling his small eyes which are, no doubt, glaring at me. The other brother still had his sunglasses on but his arms were resting on Jaehee’s shoulder as he gave her a hug from behind her as of protecting her from me.

“Stop glaring at him oppa. You’re scaring me more than you’re scaring him,” Jaehee says moving out of her brother’s hold and walks up to me.

“Oh, so this is the guy who stomped on your heart and left you on the streets crying in the rain,” says the man who had an argument with her just moments ago.

I look at the man bewildered. I turn back to Jaehee’s brothers who both had raised an eyebrow telling me that they believe their friend. I shook my head in disapproval. I stuttered as I told them my side of the story. On how I was the only one who shed tears when the bet was revealed, on how I was the one begging for her forgiveness and begging her to take me back.

I look at Jaehee who had the man that made the false story in a headlock. The man was struggling in her grip flailing his arms around.

Why don’t we know their names yet, I thought.

“Jae, release Jonghyun,” says one of her brothers who didn’t have sunglasses on.

Finally his name was revealed. The rest are still unknown.

Jaehee releases the man named Jonghyun and faces her brothers. She let out a whine about Jonghyun’s false statement. Also informing them that my side of the story was true. They believe her without a second thought.

“And these must be the idiots that set this bigger idiot up,” says the brother with the sunglasses. “I’m ashamed of you Kim Jongin. I thought you were not that kind of person. I guess I was wrong.”

Kai, whose real name is Jongin, looking as shocked as ever, points at himself asking how her brother knew him, “Ah, mianhaeyo, but how do you know my name?”

The said brother took off his sunglasses and looks towards Kai. The look on Kai’s face had a mixture of shock and fear. “Taemin hyung,” he stutters. “Uh, no, hyung! I’m a good boy. I promise. I really am. This is my first time ever doing this, I swear,” he pleads. “If I knew she was your sister, I wouldn’t have agreed to this. Hyung, I’m innocent and naïve, how would I have supposed to know what was going on around me? Please believe me hyung.”

Seeing Kai pout was unbelievable. Kai, as in Kim Jongin, as in the most conceited boy in school, as in the most self-absorbed, arrogant douche of this school was pouting. I, as well as my friends was staring at him wide-eyed. Kai never pouts. And he never, as in ever, begs another person for anything. I hurriedly took out my phone and snapped a photo of Kai and quickly hid my phone before he could notice.

Jaehee glances back and forth from her brother to Kai. “Yah! How do you two know each other?!” she booms. “And I thought you only knew cool people,” she clicks her tongue and took a sideway glance at her brother.

“Excuse me—“

Before Kai can even fight back, Jaehee sent a glare towards him. Kai shrunk back down in fear hiding behind Kyungsoo.

“Wow sis, I love how you can scare Jongin like that. I thought I was the only one that can boss him around,” her brother, Taemin, says.

Jaehee scowls at her brother before asking about his relationship with Jongin once again.

Apparently, her brother was a dancer who taught at the dance studio Kai attends. Taemin hyung (which I decided to call him without permission since he’s going to end up my brother-in-law anyway) told all the stories about Kai in the dance studio. Stories on how they met to how Kai would always obey him without a second thought to embarrassing stories to whatever stories that involved Kai.

The stories about Kai made the whole room burst into laughter. Our friends were the loudest, no doubt. With Chanyeol clapping his big hands like a seal and Baekhyun slapping his thigh, they were the loudest among EXO. Kai stands up and hides behind Taemin hyung, who had a big grin plastered on his face.

 

--------------------------------

Thank you all for reading my story. I'm sorry for not updating constantly but I'm going on a trip for a week by the 16th to represent my school in a board meeting for education (Oh gosh. Saying that makes me seem like such a nerd) and I was told last minute. So I'm stressing over this to get all the papers signed to go on the trip. And to top it all off, I don't know what teacher in the right mind would give students homework over summer vacation, but apprently, I have homework for English 11 AP, which I havn't started on by the way since I'm still thinking if I should remain in the class or not. I hope you would all understand my situation, not get mad at me over this matter. Comment and Subscribe!