The undesirable truth

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Leading a big pack was a challenge Yongguk thought he would be able to deal with pretty easily, but things weren’t exactly falling into place.

The north wolves were never really fertile, but most of the other packs were, since they lived nearer the tree of life.

Yongguk’s father always claimed the fact as “bull”, saying the tree had nothing to do with people getting pregnant or not, but Yongguk was starting to think it was true. The most north they went, the more people got sick and died and the least people were able to have children.

People knew it, and it fell just like a curse over the new leader’s head. The accusations were strong and it was hard to contain people when they said it was Yongguk’s fault they would all die without heirs.

The leader sighed and searched in his pocket for a red amulet his father gave him when he became twenty-one. He told him that amulet had been passing on from leader to leader since the beginning of the North Wolves pack, and that he would be leader one day, that’s why he was receiving the amulet.

It was nothing more than a triangle shaped and polished red stone, with one of the sides being curvy, and it was flat with some white paintings on it. It was nothing too amazing looking and Yongguk couldn’t figure out why something as dull as a rock could be the amulet of a leader.

Even so he held it firmly in his hand and asked for a change on things, for something good to happen. And then he went out to look for Himchan. He had to find a way to keep his pack in line before people elected a new leader for them.

 

><><><><><>< 

 

While his parents tried to contain the people and decide what to do to ease the situation, Zelo was being kept entertained by Jongup, who Himchan chose as his official nanny. He was seventeen, only two years o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter