The small lake

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was late in the afternoon, and Luhan was resting under the shade of a tree when he heard suspicious noises coming from behind him. He turned around swift, but silently, getting on his hands and knees and preparing to change into a wolf at the minimum sign of danger. He sniffed the air and his tense muscles relaxed once he caught in the familiar smell of one of his pack members.

-Lay? – He called, running after the scent, and the man appeared from behind a tree.

-Oh, it’s you. – He said, also relaxing. – I thought it was Xiumin, your smell is just like his.

-He was hugging me before, but he is gone now. – Luhan smiled, glancing at the barrel in Lay’s hands. – Are you going to get more water from the other side?

-Shh, speak low! – Lay reprimanded him. – If Kris finds out about this, we are doomed.

-Of course. – Luhan agreed. – But then won’t you rather me going after the water? I have a day off so I’m really bored, and also Kris and the others will notice your absence soon.

-Can you do that? I could really use some extra time to finish a potion.

-Sure. – The blonde reached for the gallon and Lay gave it to him, though a bit hesitantly.

-Please be careful, Luhan. I don’t know if it’s safe to meet with the brown wolves alone yet…

-Don’t worry, I can take care of myself. – Luhan smiled again, waving at him. – See you later.

Lay waved back and watched as Luhan ran through the forest and disappeared among the trees. Luhan held the gallon against his chest so he could go faster. He loved running around in both human and wolf form, and he was actually glad to be able to do something useful rather than sitting on the grass watching the sunset.

He went too fast, however, and almost shook himself against a tree. When he deviated from the tree, he ended up stepping into a loose stick and fell to the floor, dropping the gallon.

He moaned when getting up and tried to clean the dirt in his clothes as he grabbed the barrel and continued walking. Then he passed his hand over his cheeks, realizing the right one was dirtied with mud. He scowled and tried to clean it with his shirt, but it was still brownish when he arrived at the old oak tree.

Luhan glanced around, looking for the two Brown Wolves, but there was only one of them there, and he approached.

-Oh hey. – Luhan greeted, unsure. That wolf was really young to be so far from home on his own. – Are you alone?

The man nodded.

-It was only a barrel, so I was able to bring it by myself.

-Oh no, I meant… - Luhan began softly. - You are a grown cub, but you are barely a wolf. Are you sure that you should be strolling around so late?

The light brown wolf snorted.

-I’m not a cub anymore, I know how to defend myself.

Luhan smiled at his offended expression.

-Calm down puppy, I’m not mocking you, just worried about your safety. 

-Well, I’m not that young, I'm twenty-one already. – The other shrugged and Luhan handed him the empty gallon. – What happened to your face, by the way?

-Oh, this? – Luhan caressed his right cheek and the young nodded. – I fell on the mud.

-Are you hurt? – He asked quickly, but Luhan shook his head, smiling.

-Just dirty. – He answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter