The battle [part 1]

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know the black thing in the picture looks like a bear, but it is a wolf, I swear >.<

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It wasn’t easy to unite all the packs in the lands and it was even harder to make all their leaders agree to only one plan or strategy; there were too many leaders, all eager to express themselves and make their opinion win over the others, but somehow they managed to do it.

They heard word of a possible attack from the Dark Wolves shortly and after a lot of arguing and consideration they decided to gather and see how they would deal with the situation.

The gathering was near the brown wolves’ village and one of the agreements was that all of them should march up and east so they could reach the dry land and destroy the Dark Wolves village, taking their pups back.

It wasn’t exactly a sunny day because the clouds were hovering in the sky, covering the sun, but still some shiny rays managed to reflect against the clean water of the lake by the feet of the mountains, just an hour away from the frontier between the lands of the Brown Wolves and the Dark Wolves.

All the packs were in the forest near the lake, standing behind their leaders and waiting for the right moment to attack.

The Silver Wolves were standing proud and numerously behind T.O.P. and G-dragon, displaying all kinds of fur colors. The North Wolves were a little bit less numerous, but still strong looking and also colorful in their fur. The East Wolves, with their yellow and brownish fur were just a few standing behind their new leader, Yunho. And by the end there were the smaller packs, the White, Brown and West Wolves.

In those, the three grey furred wolves from the west Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun followed their leader, Onew, while Kai and Chanyeol followed Suho and Xiumin and Chen followed Kris.

When they were near the frontier, still hidden inside the forest, they stopped to plan the attack and once again they couldn’t reach a consensus. Firstly because Suho had injured his foot on the journey and couldn’t lead the few Brown wolves into the attack; secondly because they couldn’t agree on how the amulets should be used or organized and at last because once G-dragon showed them his green amulet, Onew recognized it as the one that got stolen from his father and started growling at the other leader.

-This is my amulet. – He hissed and G-dragon snorted.

-It isn’t, my father gave it to me.

-Well, your father stole it from mine. – He said and G-dragon shrugged.

-Then now it’s mine. – He answered simply.

-Not for very long. – Onew was turning into a wolf already and the men around stepped in to stop the leaders.

-Onew, no. – Suho came to soothe him. – I know the amulet was supposed to be yours, but it doesn’t matter whose is the amulet, we have to give them all to Siwon.

-And where is this Siwon I hear so much about?

-He must be around the forest somewhere. – Kai told them.

-I can look for him. I can’t fight, but I can walk, even if slowly. – Suho told them. – I’ll find Siwon and give him the amulets.

-I’m not giving you my amulet. – G-dragon scoffed.

-Neither will I. – Yongguk told him softly. - Not that I don’t trust you, leader, I just feel more comfortable holding on to it.

The leaders started to give opinions, disagree and argue again, blabbering a lot of useless plans until they decided Suho would lead a couple of wolves in the search, including Kai and Changmin who actually saw Siwon once, while the other wolves would climb the mountain and invade the Dark Wolves land.

When the leaders reached a consensus, Kai asked the wolves close to him, mainly Taemin and Minho to look for his son, and the men promised him they would. Before they could leave, Kris approached Suho and grabbed the brown wolf’s hand.

-You are the only one I trust to keep this. – He placed the blue amulet in the man’s palm. – I believe you will care for it.

-I’ll care for it with my life. – Suho promised, bringing the little stone to his chest.

-Thank you, leader. – Kris bowed his head lightly to him.

Suho nodded and their eyes remained locked to each other’s. Kris gave a step closer, and Suho leaned further, diminishing the distance between them even more. The white wolf placed one hand at the brown wolf’s shoulder and Suho smiled softly at him.

A horn was heard, loud and high-pitched coming from behind the mountains. It blew once, then after a few minutes it blew again and the wolves looked at each other, in panic.

-Kris, I think they will attack. – Onew called. – I think they know we are here!

The two leaders gave a step back, getting some distance between them. Kris was a bit disoriented because of that and he was about to follow Onew when Suho spoke.

-Good luck leader. – Suho told him and Kris looked back at him and nodded.

Suho started to pull away and call the others to go deeper into the forest, sniffing and looking for any clues of a red wolf, Siwon, anywhere.

When the third blow was heard the wolves were already lining up and holding their breaths, preparing for the battle.

-We don’t know what’s coming, but no matter what it is, we’ll fight against it and we’ll fight bravely!  – T.O.P. yelled and not only the Silver Wolves, but every other wolf in line cheered to that;

-And we shall not back off, no matter what happens. – Yongguk shouted, receving the same reaction from the warriors.

-And we will win against this enemy. – It was Onew’s turn to speak, when they already heard and sensed wolves reaching the top of the mountain on the other side.

-We will prevail no matter what our enemies are. – Kris yelled, raising his fist in the air. – No matter if they are wolves, or spirits or… cubs?

Kris tilted his head and so did most of the wolves in line.

What appeared on the top of the mountain was nothing more than a hoard of black pups, who sniffed the air around a little before starting to run down the hill.

-What the f…? – G-dragon turned to the other leaders.

-Well, the pups are possessed, right? – Onew told them like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

-Those things are our children? – Yunho sounded skeptical when he checked the dark cubs.

It was hard to believe. The pups coming down the hill were all black and had either yellow or silver eyes and their nails were long and sharp. There were at least fifty of them, all yelping and howling and they were getting nearer and nearer.

-What do we do? – Kris asked urgently.

-There. – Onew pointed to the top of the mountain, where grown up Dark Wolves started to appear and stand. – We have to get to the adults and kill them.

-It’s time people. – G-dragon called their attention as quick as he could. – We shove, ignore or hold, but we don’t hurt the babies, is that clear? – The wolves shouted in agreement and a grin appeared on the leader’s face. – Let’s go get those sons of es.

 

><><><><>< 

 

Suho, Kai, Changmin and two other wolves from the north were sniffing and walking around nervously. They didn’t even speak or looked at each other, too worried about finding the red wolf.

Suho staggered through the trees the best he could, trying not to put too much weight over his injured foot. He kept his and Kris’ amulets in his hands, playing and entwining them, since they were the only thing there he had to distract himself from the pain in his ankle.

With a bit of satisfaction he realized two sides of Kris’ amulet were the exact same size of the spaces between the lines of his cross. He almost smiled when he pushed it in one of the spaces and it fit. It was like something of Kris’ fit on something of his, like they belonged together. The thought made his heart flutter.

He frowned, however, when he realized he couldn’t pull it back. He tried and tried but the small stone seemed to be stuck into the space in his cross and he felt suddenly afflict. He gasped; he promised Kris he would take care of his amulet, and not get it stuck!

He was still trying to separate the amulets when a glimpse of light ran over the two amulets, seeming to emanate from them and a sudden impact threw Suho to the floor, calling the other wolves’ attention. The leader got up quickly and leaned on his good foot, trying to figure out where the sudden burst of air came from.

-Suho…! – Kai and the others were approaching, rapt, and when Suho looked up he gasped.

His amulet was sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter