The pups' escape

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Whiny and the other pup they threw there with them were still as black as they were before, but now Zelo was starting to get used to it and not being so afraid of the cubs anymore. After all, they didn’t seem to mean any harm, at least not to Zelo.

It was near noon now and after they fed Zelo and sent milk to Whiny, they threw another cub in the hole. The cub fell with a whine and turned quickly into a brunette boy. Zelo glanced at him from afar, too scared to come closer.

-Hey, are you ok?

-I don’t know… - The boy got to his knees, shaking his head slowly. - They threw me here because they said I wasn’t possessed… But I felt possessed.

He creaked.

-Possessed? – Zelo asked, getting closer.

-By the spirits. – The boy said softly. – They are turning us into dark wolves.

Zelo frowned at that statement, but he had to admit it made sense, since Whiny was now all black and stopped being a cute whiny cub to be a cold and distant black pup.

Zelo knelt beside the other boy and when he stopped rubbing his eyes, the blonde could recognize him.

-Samuel? – He asked in a gasp.

-Oh, you… You were in my house a while ago. – The boy said. – You were talking to my parents because they are your real parents… - He said and then concluded, with a small smile. - You are my hyung.

Zelo nodded.

-I am. – He confirmed and then gulped slightly. - So you are not… possessed? – He asked the boy.

-I don’t know, I don’t look like I am. – The boy said. – But I keep having these blackouts and have these urges to go and murder someone and I really want to go… It scares me a lot when I get back to normal.

-But you look normal to me… - Zelo admitted and Samuel nodded.

-I think that’s why I’m here, because somehow they failed making me one of them. – He said and then he smiled softly. – I hate being in another hole, but I got to say I feel pretty good right now, not allowing any spirits to enter my body.

He said and Zelo smiled. He would feel pretty good too if he had won over the dark forces.

-Yes, you should be proud of yourself. – He told his dongsaeng. – But now what do you think they are going to do with you?

Samuel shrugged. –I don’t know. You aren’t possessed either, what do you think they are going to do with you?

Zelo bit on his lower lip, trying to suppress his fear.

-Nothing, they’ll do nothing. – He said optimistically. – They’ll leave us here until someone comes along and rescues us.

Samuel chuckled at that answer. He thought that wasn’t really likely, but he would rather keep things positive as well.

-I think so too. – He nodded at his hyung. – So now we just got to wait, uh?

He asked and Zelo hummed positively, pulling him by the hand so they could sit in an almost sunless part of the hole.

All they could do now was waiting.

 

><><><><>< 

 

Zelo and Samuel talked a lot while they were waiting in the hole. They talked about their houses, their parents and old friends and how beautiful their lands were. They were still talking when a bell was heard, coming from not so far away from that hole.

The bell rang once again and both Whiny and the other black cub got to their feet, ears straight up to listen to the calling. At the third ring the other pup in the hole hissed and started climbing his way out and Zelo held onto Samuel. The boy‘s eyes, however, were of a shiny silver tone now and Zelo creaked.

-It’s time to go. – The boy told Zelo.

-Go where? Stop this Samuel, you are creeping me out!

-Don’t you feel it? The urge to get outside and tear people apart?

-Not really, no… - Zelo murmured fretfully.

-Even if you don’t, it’s time to go already. Come on brother, let’s go after them. – Samuel called one last time and then turned into a black cub. His nails were long and sharp now and he used them to hold onto the rocks and climb outside just as the other cub did.

Whiny was following Samuel, but Zelo picked him up before he could reach the wall. The black pup squirmed and snarled, trying his very best to escape.

-No! – Zelo yelled at him, holding him tightly in his arms. – No tearing people apart! Bad puppy!

Whiny moved his little neck back and he was able to bite on Zelo’s hand.

-Ouch! – The young pulled his hand back, dropping the pup to the floor. – You don’t even have teeth, but your bite is like a mosquito’s bite, it itches...

He told the smaller in a cranky way.  Whiny got to the wall and tried to climb his way out, but he failed miserably. Even if his claws were bigger and sharper now, he didn’t have the full ability to walk yet and since he couldn’t crawl his way up, the pup was stuck near the wall, whining softly.

He pressed his little paws against the rocks and Zelo leaned on the wall beside him.

-Look at that, you can’t even climb your way up. – The young mocked. – What was the plan Whiny? Going after adult wolves and killing them with your yelps?

The cub still didn’t care about him, but soon he stopped whinnying and began coughing nonstop.

-Whiny? – Zelo knelt beside him, taping his little back softly. – Whiny, are you ok?

The pup coughed and gagged and drooled and he ended up vomiting on the floor. It wasn’t a normal wolf or human expel though, it was something black and gooey mixed with a little bit of blood.

The pup still panted for a couple of minutes and his eyes were wide open and silverish, and Zelo thought it would be the end for the baby wolf. Not even one minute later, however, Whiny’s fur started to become grey, fading slow and softly to white, but still with his little black spots on the fur of his neck. He expelled quite a mouthful of dark, dense smoke and then he fell to his side on the ground.

The smoke still lingered for a couple of seconds and Zelo cringed to the wall. Inside the smoke he could see two yellow and evil looking eyes and the smoke started taking the form of a wolf. It wasn’t a complete wolf though, only the face and most of the upper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter