The search for the amulets

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After having a strengthened breakfast, the wolves said goodbye to each other and each group went their separate way. As stated before, Suho, Kai and Taemin went west to find the Silver Wolves and get access to the map of the original packs, while the North Wolves headed east with Onew, Chanyeol and Key. Kris and Xiumin headed south, back home to find his amulet.

The trip to the White Wolves village took less than a day and Kris thought he and Xiumin could grab the amulet and go back in the same day, even if they arrived very late at the Brown Wolves village.

When they got there, however, they realized they might have to stay even more than a day to reach the amulet. Kris gawked and Xiumin actually whined when they entered the frozen land. Everything on their village was now covered on ice, including dens and half of the trees.

The wolves dropped their bags to the floor and got the fur they brought to keep them warm. Kris grabbed a pointy stone on the floor while Xiumin sniffed around to see if he found the leader’s den.

-I think it’s down here. – He pointed down and Kris could see only a tip of a rocky mountain appearing over the ice.

-I think so too. – The man agreed, passing Xiumin a smaller rock. – Let’s get started then.

He said and both the wolves started hitting the ice, trying their best to break it and reach the entrance of the den the sooner they could.

 

><><><><>< 

 

There had been a whole day of journey already and when the sun set on the horizon, Suho told Kai and Taemin they should stop and build a small fire so they could eat and rest.

Kai went to hunt for food while Taemin dug a hole in the ground and Suho built the fire.

When Kai returned, Suho was already helping Taemin and the hole was looking like a small den. The Brown Wolves' leader was really tired and he ate quickly before getting into the hole in his wolf form, but Kai and Taemin still stayed up, both too worried to fall asleep.

Kai couldn’t believe they still hadn’t found Jonghun and he wondered every minute of the day where and how the cub might be. He was becoming more weak and tired with each passing day and he just hoped fate would give him a break already and give him one clue, anything, that showed him Jonghun was still alive and alright.

He sighed, watching the wood creaking in the fire, but then he heard small sobs coming from his side.

-Taemin, are you alright? – He asked, turning to his friend, but Taemin shook his head.

-I need to find my mate… - He muttered and Kai tilted his head at him.

-I didn’t know you had a mate…

-Well, not really. – Taemin gave him a sad smile washed by tears. – Minho and I would mate in the spring. – He told the brunette in a gloomy voice. - But now I don’t even know if he’s still alive.

-Oh, Taemin… - He landed a comforting hand on the man’s arm and Taemin shook his head.

-He always pictured that perfect family… - He sobbed. - Minho wanted to have two little cubs, one of each of our colors, and when they grew we could go and teach them how to hunt, and Minho could teach them to run faster… Minho was really fast.

-I know he was. – Kay told him in a reassuring voice. - I mean, Minho and Jonghyun fought and survived two of their attacks, they are probably the strongest wolves we got.

Taemin nodded.

-Yes, he was so brave… so strong… But I didn’t want cubs, I never did, so I asked him to postpone our mating ceremony, so I had time to think about it. – Taemin shook his head in a desolate way. – I’m so stupid…

His eyes started tearing up and Kai pulled him, tapping his back comfortably.

-He’s alive, Taemin. – Kai assured him. – We’ll fight the Dark Wolves and you and Minho will mate and live happily ever after with your colorful cubs, you’ll see.

Taemin nodded again, a small smile coming to his lips.

-Thanks, Kai. – He said in a grateful way. – And we’ll find your cub too, safe and sound.

-I hope you are right. – Kai pulled Taemin closer and the man landed his head on the brunette’s shoulder.

They both didn’t think that would happen, but they wanted really hard to believe it would.

 

><><><><>< 

 

Onew, Key and Chanyeol were going to the east with the North Wolves, but they met with a group of wolves in their way. The leader of those wolves asked them who they were and what they wanted and Yongguk stepped forward.

-We are wolves from the North, West and Brown packs. – The leader said. – We are going east to find the East Wolves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter