The blind wolf

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan woke up of a jolt and tried to open his eyes, panting. He did open his eyelids, but everything was still dark. He tried to keep his eyes open, but he felt a sharp pain on them, followed by a burning sensation, and he closed his lids again.

Apart from that, he felt his right shoulder and his left ankle aching even more than the rest of his body. He reached for his shoulder to find out it was all bandaged, with a wooden splint to keep it immobilized.

He d the soft covers under him and sniffed the air around, trying to find out where he was. He realized he couldn’t feel any smells anymore as well and he whimpered softly.

He heard someone shifting nearby and Baekhyun’s voice reached his ears.

-Lay, come here, Luhan is awake! – The man sounded relieved, and soon the blonde felt a soft hand touching his. – Luhan, are you feeling ok?

Baekhyun asked and Luhan tried to open his eyes a second time. He heard a shallow gasp by his side, and Baekhyun urged him to close his eyelids.

-What’s wrong? – Luhan asked in a whisper. – What’s wrong with my eyes?

In that moment Lay entered the den and Baekhyun reached for him, sounding desperate.

-Lay, Luhan’s eyes! - He creaked. - They are black. All black!

Lay approached, stopping by Baekhyun’s side and touching Luhan’s cheeks lightly.

-Let me see it. – He said and the blonde, panting, felt the man pulling on the skin around one of his eyes and making it open.

-It burns… - Luhan told him and Lay allowed him to close his lid.

-Can you see anything, even if it burns?

-I can’t, only darkness…

He felt Baekhyun holding on his hand tighter and Lay landed a hand on his shoulder tenderly.

-I’m sorry Luhan, but I think the fog blinded you. It took control of your eyes and we have to pray that it doesn’t take hold of your other senses, of your body and mind…

Luhan swallowed in dry, but he couldn’t exactly worry much about his body and mind right now.

-Where is Jonghun? Is he alright? – He asked in a choked voice.

He heard Baekhyun sighing and felt Lay pulling away. He heard Lay’s steps walking away and then the sound of a pot being opened as Baekhyun caressed him.

-Luhan… - He said heavily. – Both Jonghun and Tao are gone.

Luhan’s heart was running fast already, and it got faster, his breathing becoming labored. His puppy was gone and he felt like a hole was opened in his heart, the fresh wound making his chest ache as it never ached before.

-No, no, no…! – He tried to raise his body, but Baekhyun held him.

-Be careful, you've got a dislocated shoulder. – He told Luhan, but the man shook his head.

-Let go of me, I need to find him.

-How are you going after him if you are blind and hurt, Luhan? – The man asked softly. – Don’t worry, we have wolves looking for them, they’ll find and bring the pups back.

Luhan still pushed against Baekhyun’s hands and he started crying painful tears. Once again Baekhyun gasped, asking him to try to stop it. Luhan didn’t know, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter