The ravage

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I was supposed to make a double update and post this last night, but I guess I fell asleep so...

I just hope no one will want to murder me after this...  o.o *runs to the montains*

________________________________________________________________________

 

The six men walked silently, despite being really close to each other on their trail. Though Xiumin and Chanyeol seemed fairly excited to go on that journey, the rest of them weren’t exactly happy with the situation.

Kris’ thoughts were with his pup and he felt terrible abandoning the sick boy that way. Taemin and Onew were still tired and even a little traumatized from their last encounter with the “black smoke” and Kai wanted badly to come back home to his mate and keep watching Jonghun playing and falling every time he tried to walk.

It had been only about three hours since the men left their village, aiming for the east wolves land, and they didn’t really had time to gulp down those feelings and put their minds and souls into travelling.

The sun was getting high on the sky and the forest had been quite illuminated so far. All of a sudden, however, the place started to get darker and soon a light fog started to extend itself through the forest. Kai sniffed it and scowled. It smelled like rotten meat or even like a dirty swamp.

-Oh no, it’s happening again! – Taemin suddenly yelped, seeming to be nearly panicking.

-It’s the fog. – Onew panted, turning around and pointing to the massively dark smoke behind them.

-Is it coming from the way to the village? – Kris asked worriedly.

Kai gasped and he didn’t wait for the men to decide if it really was coming from the village or not before he started running back. All he had in his mind now was getting back home and protecting his mate and his son.

 

><><><><><>< 

 

Kyungsoo and Suho grabbed a couple of ingredients in the cave they used for storage and then picked the hens and an armadillo Chen and Baekhyun hunted for lunch. They went to sit around the fire and prepare the meat, but on the logs around the flames were placed about fifteen gourds of something smelly and bubbly.

-They need the heat of the fire. – Lay explained as they tilted their heads to the gourds.

-What are they? – Kyungsoo asked him.

-A potion I created, the one I served to Tao, Minho, Jonghyun and to you, Suho. – He explained. – Kris took the last ones I had, so I decided to make some more. I don’t know how many we’ll need though…

-What is it made of? – Suho asked as they dropped their things to the floor.

-Well, I call this potion "life tea", because it is a combination of many medicinal herbs, lemon and bark from the tree of life.

-We did something like that to cure colds in our pack. – He said and Lay laughed.

-Maybe the fog just causes a really bad cold. - He suggested

-Wouldn’t that be nice, if it was something so simple? – Kyungsoo said, watching the potions bubble.

-Yes, it would… - The healer said, then sniffed the air around. – I need to put some water in those.

He motioned towards the gourds and the man watched curiously as Lay started.

-Can we help you, maybe?

-Sure, but be careful. The wrong amount might make me start all over again.

They nodded and carefully started dropping a bit of water in each gourd. They had to cook the meat, of course, but they thought it was more important to make those potions at the moment.

A light mist seemed to be forming around the village and in the forest now and the sun faded a little. Minho approached, twitching his nose.

-What is this smell? – He asked uncomfortably.

-The potions’ smell?

-No, it’s not that… it smells like dead animals… - He glanced around to the forming fog and called for Jonghyun.

The man got out of the den he and Minho had been using and also got really troubled by the smell.

-We need to go… - The man said lowly and the others gasped.

-Is it the black smoke? – Kyungsoo asked and the west wolves nodded.

-Call everyone, we are going north.

-But Kris told my pack to stay and… - Lay started pointing, but Minho shushed him.

-There’s no time for arguing, get your things and run the fastest you can.

He didn’t even finish his sentence though and four black wolves came running in their direction, coming from the forest.

Minho and Jonghyun were quick to turn into wolves and get into fighting mode, but Kyungsoo and Lay were more worried about protecting the potions. Suho, for his turn, ran to his den, praying that he could take Tao away before anything bad happened.

Three of the wolves attacked Jonghyun and Minho, and one of them came into the direction of the fire. The wolf started to overthrow all the potions and now both Lay and Kyungsoo turned into wolves, gritting their teeth at him.

Startled by the noises, Key was quick to come to his pack member’s aid. Lay and Kyungsoo were now biting on the big wolf by the fire, trying to throw him into the flames.

Meanwhile, in the slightly distant dens, everything still remained peaceful. Chen and Baekhyun were talking in his and Chanyeol’s den, while Sehun and Luhan rested in their own cave.

Jonghun was sleeping as a human boy for the first time since he was born, and both his father and stepfather watched him closely. The baby had beautiful fair skin that contrasted impressively with his soft black hair, and his features were really delicate. The boy had big eyes like Luhan’s and a slightly flattened little nose, which came from Kai. His lips, for their turn, had a natural pink tone and his eyelashes were long, adorning his shiny eyes.

Maybe it was just a parent’s eyes, but Luhan couldn’t help thinking Jonghun was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter