The pup's journey

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After Zelo asked him to find out who his real parent’s were, Jongup searched through the whole pack for hours, trying to find anyone who could know about the young’s past.

Finally he found an old friend of Yongguk’s father. Since the man was older than everyone there, he was considered a wise wolf in the pack, mainly because of his skills and knowledge about hunting, fishing and planting.

Jongup and Zelo picked up some delicious looking fruits and took them to the man as a gift before asking him about Zelo’s parents.

-I knew them, yes. – The man told the wolves. – They were merchants that lived in the east wolves’ territories, but they don’t belong to any pack.

-And you think they might still live there? – Zelo asked and the man nodded.

-Go down and east. – He said, drawing lines on the sand. – Once you leave the north territory you’ll find a dense forest, then you'll know you are in the brown wolves land. Don’t go too further east because you might find a piece of dry land that nobody wants. If you happen to get lost in there, go south.

-And how do we know we reached the east land?

-There’s a lot of water there, many lakes, that’s how you know, follow the lakes down. If you start to get cold, and if you see ice, you went too down.

-And if we go west…?

-Don’t go west because, though the brown wolves aren’t evil, you may found mean wolves, strays lurking in a forsaken land between the clans of the brown and west wolves.

The two nodded and thanked the man once again for his help.

They copied the map on the sand to a thin wooden board, painting it in black and decorating it with colorful ink.  After that they gathered all the food they were able to bring with themselves and left to find the men that gave birth to Zelo.

Zelo and Jongup had been walking for about three weeks now, and they were more tired than they ever felt in their whole life.

-I still can’t believe you made me agree with this. – Jongup whined for the hundredth time since they left. – Our parents are going to kill us, I swear.

-Think on the bright side, we just passed a lake, so we should be really close now. - The young got the little map he and Jongup drew. – Besides, if you didn’t want to come, why are you here?

-Because I thought this would be fast, you know we are walking for almost a month now, don’t you?

Zelo shrugged. According to his map and by his own counting, they should be back to the north pack in less than a month, he thought. 

Because yes, Zelo would come back to Yongguk and Himchan after he talked to his real parents. The young still thought about the men as his parents, but he couldn’t go on not knowing who gave birth to him. He would find out, talk to them, and then come back to his adoptive parents and apologize for running away.

He was sure Himchan would take him back, so he just hoped Yongguk would forgive him as well.

It was really foggy in that part of the forest and they were having a hard time seeing anything ahead. Zelo sniffed the air and smiled when he caught in the scent of roasting meat.

-I think there’re people there. – He pointed ahead and Jongup smiled. They were finally arriving.

They approached slowly, looking for someone they could talk and ask permission to be there. They were scared people might see them as invaders.

Finally he found a group of men sitting around a small fire and they walked to them.

-Excuse me? I’m looking for Mingyu and Wonwoo. – Zelo said and pointed to the names the elderly wolf wrote under the drawings. – They are my parents.

Most of the men frowned or scowled, but two of them knew who those men were.

-They live near here, I’ll take you to them. – One of them said and the wolves thanked him profusely.

They walked for about half an hour until their guide pointed ahead. There was a man cutting wood near a dean and a fire.

-There is Wonwoo. Good luck.

Zelo thanked the man again and the youngs approached his father, panting in nervousness.

-Hello. – He called, voice low and respectful.

-What do you want, kid? – Wonwoo answered dryly.

-My name is Zelo… I think you and your mate might be my parents, if you gave a pup away fourteen years ago...

-Yes? – He asked and Zelo nodded. - Didn’t we find parents for you?

-Find…? – Zelo tilted his head and Jongup gave a step ahead.

-You did, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter