The beginning of something new

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

While Lay left the den to announce Jonghun’s birth, Kai sneaked out of the place and ran to the forest. Everyone was too excited with the news to pay attention to it, but Kyungsoo noticed and followed the man.

Kai walked and walked, apparently following no direction and Kyungsoo had to stop him when he realized he might be going way too far.

-Hey, where are you going? Are you ok? – He shouted and Kai stopped, not seeming to be surprised by the man’s presence. He knew he was being followed, he just didn’t know who was the one following him until now.

-No Kyungsoo. – He turned around, but didn’t approach the man. – I’m not ok.

Kyungsoo came closer and stopped in front of his mate, not touching a finger on him, like he had been doing ever since Luhan came to their village.

-Is the baby Sehun’s?  - He asked and Kai nodded. - You wanted that baby to be yours, didn’t you?

He said dryly. It wasn’t really a question, it was a statement and Kai couldn’t contain his tears anymore.

-I need you with me right now Kyungsoo. Not judging or yelling at me. I just need you right now, ok?

-I’m here with you. – The man said, passing his arms around him.

Kai froze for a second, barely believing he was able to touch Kyungsoo again after months of a few mere words being traded. He hugged the man tightly, leaning a bit down and burying his face into Kyungsoo’s small shoulders, starting to sob copiously.

Kyungsoo gasped. He never saw his mate crying like that and it was heartbreaking in a way he would never expect. He felt Kai’s grip tighten around him and he petted his back in what he hoped to be a soothing way.

-You can talk to me, if you wish. – He said softly. – Let it all out.

He felt Kai nodding against his shoulder and then sniffing.

-I gave my cub to Sehun. – He confessed, shocking the other man. – I can’t keep him, Kyungsoo.

-Oh my God, Kai… - The man pulled away lightly, taking his mate’s face in his hands. – Tell me I’m not the reason why…

-You are one of the reasons, the most important one. – Kai nodded. – I couldn’t mate with Luhan, I don’t want it, all I want is you, Kyungsoo.

-I know, I understand that, but giving up this pup…

-Is the best thing I can do for him. – Kai got rid of Kyungsoo’s grip and pointed in the direction of the village. – You saw the way Sehun acted during Luhan’s pregnancy, and you should see the glow in his eyes when he saw the puppy being cleaned, before Lay told us he was mine. He’s the best father for this child, I know it, everyone knows it.

-Kai, no, you aren’t…

-I don’t even remember the day I made him, Kyungsoo. – Kai sniffed again, trying to contain the sobs that came from his throat. – For what I remember, I seduced Luhan until he accepted me and then I got him pregnant in the middle of the woods. How can I even raise this child knowing that one day he might learn that he is the result of a drunken mistake between me and his father and we never intended for him to be born? Is he even going to be happy knowing who his other father is? And worse, is he ever going to be happy in a broken family?

-A broken family?

-Luhan and I.  – Kai said. – I love you and he loves Sehun. For us to raise a child together… it would be a disaster.

-But you can’t just give up on him, Kai, he will need to learn the truth one day.

-Why?

-It’s not fair to him, he must know.

-I don’t see it that way, and neither does Sehun. He’ll keep the cub, Kyungsoo, that’s final.

Kyungsoo decided he wouldn’t argue with Kai. The man should be heartbroken and, if he believed what he did was the best for the pup, Kyungsoo would support him. He kept hugging and caressing his mate and they stayed in silence for many minutes. They started hearing a faint noise of drums coming from the village and they listened to it for a while until Kai spoke.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter