The rebellious cub

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Months passed since the day Zelo found out the truth about his father, but he still didn’t say anything to anyone. He was afraid that, if he told the men he knew Himchan wasn’t his real father, they would stop caring about him or something equally distressing.

One day, however, Zelo got mad at the man for forbidding him to go out with the rest of the young men of the pack. Himchan told him he could go out after he finished his chores, but the young rebelled and said he wouldn’t do it. Himchan snorted, visibly annoyed by Zelo’s stubbornness.

-If you don’t finish this now, I won’t allow you to go out this whole week, hear me? – He told the pouting cub.

-I don’t have to do . – He told the man, who gasped. Zelo smirked at his Himchan’s surprise. – Yes, I said the “s” word.

-You take it back right now, Zelo. – Himchan pointed a finger at him. - I raised no animal, so you better start acting like your human self, right now.

-Make me. – Zelo crossed his arms over his chest, a defiant look in his face.

-What are you even rebelling against, pup? – Himchan asked tiredly, thinking it should be just another adolescent tantrum.

Zelo kicked the leaves of his bed, messing them even more.

-I’m rebelling against you, I hate you! – He screamed at the man, and he was so mad he didn’t even notice someone was entering the den. – You can’t tell me what to do and you can’t punish me for it. I don’t have to obey you only because you are married to my father.

Himchan tilted his head but, before he could even question the cub about that statement, Yongguk appeared from behind him and smacked Zelo in the face.

-Pay your father respect, kid. – He demanded.

-He’s not my father! – Zelo cried, rubbing a hand against his reddening face.

-Neither am I and you still respects me.

-Want me not to respect you too?

Yongguk growled and Zelo shrank.

-Pay your father respect. – He told the young man in a low, dangerous tone and Zelo nodded quickly, turning to Himchan.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter