The new pack member

Canis Lupus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan was stepping closer and closer to the day his cub would be born. He was in the third week of his fourth month now and his belly was a bit bigger than it was in the previous month, but it couldn’t be considered really big. It was just one cub after all and, if it was to be born as a wolf, it shouldn’t really grow that much. Even so the puppy was moving a lot, kicking against the belly and giving Luhan a hard time.

The man didn’t mind though. It was good to feel his cub and know it was healthy and almost ready to come out. Now that he was in the end of his pregnancy, however, he knew that he had to choose a den for his cub to be born in, and where the puppy should remain for its first months.

The den Luhan chose was one never used, and he started to prepare it himself. He just wanted somewhere fresh and new for his cub to be born, away from that fight about what was his house and who he belonged to. That was his cub’s house, no matter who his father was.

Both Kai and Sehun would take care of the entrance. They knew they didn’t have to, but it was instinct, there was nothing they could do about it.

Sehun couldn’t contain his excitement and he kept telling the pack members about whatever Luhan felt, and how the cub would be big and strong. Kai, for his turn, showed his happiness in a more quiet way, but he was enjoying the moments he had with Luhan a lot. He felt weird at first, but touching Luhan’s belly, feeling the baby kick against the palm of his hand, was one the happiest moments of his life. He couldn’t believe the birth would happen so soon.

Xiumin and Lay coming and going was a natural thing now and the brown wolves didn’t mind much. They knew Lay would be the one to deliver the baby, so it was actually a good thing that the healer would stick around. They didn’t want anything bad to happen with Luhan or the cub.

Kyungsoo and Kai’s situation also got lighter now, especially because Kyungsoo stopped ignoring the man. He didn’t say he forgave Kai, but at least he wouldn’t just pretend his mate didn’t exist anymore.

In a rainy day he asked Suho to call Luhan into his den. The blonde was surprised, and he didn’t feel like going because his cub was kicking a particular lot that day. He knew Kyungsoo didn’t like him though, and he didn’t want to risk the man hating him for the rest of their days, so he followed the leader to the place. When they arrived, Suho motioned Luhan to enter.

-Go on. – The man smiled gently and Luhan stepped inside cautiously.

Kyungsoo was kneeling in front of the pile of clothes. His back was turned to the door, so he didn’t see when Luhan stepped in. The blonde coughed, trying to get the man’s attention.

-Were you… calling for me? – He asked uncertainly.

-Oh yes. – Kyungsoo said, and his voice sounded warm, nothing like that dried tone he used to yell at Luhan on the first day.

-I have something for you. – The man said, and he turned around quickly.

Luhan gasped and gave a step back. Kyungsoo frowned at his reaction, but then realized he still had the big and sharp knitting needles in his hand.

-Oh, sorry. – He quickly put the needles aside, grabbing something white colored. – Here, I knitted this for you. – He showed Luhan a way-too-small-sized coat and, when the man frowned, he chuckled. - Well, it’s for the cub, actually. – He corrected himself. – If it’ll be born in this cold time, you better keep it warm.

-T-Thank you… - Luhan took the piece with shaky fingers. – It’s beautiful.

He said truthfully, but he couldn’t help glancing from it to Kyungsoo a couple of times, and the brunette noticed it.

-You really liked it? – He asked.

-I do, but not only because it was well knitted. – Luhan told him. - I have no words to tell you how much it means to me that you made this for my puppy.

Kyungsoo looked outside thoughtfully, glancing at the sunset.

-I think you know about our ordeal, right? – He asked, and Luhan hummed thoughtfully.

-About you not being able to bear children?

Kyungsoo nodded.

-I don’t think any of us can, so I’m actually kind of glad you are having this baby. It doesn’t matter who the parents are, we have to protect this cub now.

-Oh, Kyungsoo… - Luhan’s eyes started tearing up. – I’ll never be able to apologize enough for what I did.

Kyungsoo shook his head, a weak smile playing on his lips.

-If this baby is Kai’s… - He started hesitantly. – Promise me you’ll have a lot of his cubs? He wants a bunch of them. More than six, he said.

Luhan tilted his head a bit.

-Is that what you want?

-I just want him to be happy.

Luhan sat beside him and he took the liberty of passing an arm around his shoulders. He thought the brunette would shove him away, but instead he enlaced Luhan’s shoulders with his own arms. Luhan took the cue to hug him closer.

-I’ll do whatever you want me to, Kyungsoo. – He whispered to the man. - Just tell me.

-Thank you. – Kyungsoo murmured.

He was about to ask Luhan how was his cub, if it would be ready to come soon or not, but he then realized the man was holding on his belly with a hand, a painful scowl etched on his face.

-Luhan? – The man called softly. – Are you ok?

-I am… - The other murmured. – It’s just the baby… it’s… ah… - Luhan groaned and scowled. – It’s trying to get out, I think…

He was joking about it, and he tried to chuckle, but then another contraction hit him, harder this time and he gasped and let out a cry.

-Oh my God… - Kyungsoo panted, standing up. – Don’t move, I’ll call someone.

-No… - Luhan panted, pulling on the man’s pants. – Help me get to my den.

-Ok. – The man helped Luhan to stand up, and guided him out. When he was outside, however, he asked to stop and he leaned against the entrance of the den while Kyungsoo called for help.

Suho was still nearby so he was the first to arrive. He knew he didn’t have the strength necessary to carry Luhan, so he quickly turned into a wolf and went after Lay. Someone had to call the healer, the faster the better. Kyungsoo then found Sehun and Chanyeol near the fire and both the wolves came running.

-Luhan! – Sehun panted, picking the man in his arms with Chanyeol’s help. – Is it the baby?

-I think it’s coming, Sehun…

-Can you take him? – Chanyeol asked and Sehun nodded. – Kai is hunting, I’ll help Kyungsoo finding him.

He said and before the men could even thank him, C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter