Chapter 1

Between Us

~Leeteuk's POV~

 

With an anticipating heart, I wait for her to come. My heart is beating uncontrollably and cold sweat is covering my body. My hands are cold and trembling. My face turns red. And there, from a distance I see an angelic figure walking gracefully towards me. She smiles, showing off her dimples as soon as she sees me. Her smiles is like shooting star, fleeting but beautiful. 

 

"Teukie Oppa~" she smiles again. But this time, even more beautiful than 5 seconds ago.

"Sora-yah, you're here?" I want to hold her hands but my body can't move. I just stand there, looking at her with a smile.

"Happy birthday!" I said as I hand her a present. She is so overwhelmed that her eyes become teary.

"Ya! Why are crying?" I asked.

"No, I'm just... I didn't expect you to remember my birthday" said Sora. 

"Of course I remember your birthday! Because I like you..." 

 

***

 

Before he knew it, another day passes. He has been thinking of Sora for the whole day. He's so happy that he get to spend his day with her yesterday. 

 

“Looks like someone is happy right now” teased Yerim.

“Since when you’d been standing there?” Leeteuk asked. He's not surprised anymore seeing her in his house. She knows the password; she’s like a little sister to him. It’s just that, they can’t live together as they’re not related by blood.

“Since 10 seconds ago. You’ve been smiling and giggling like a crazy crown. It’s freaking me out!” Yerim smiles but deep inside her heart, she is feeling insecure ‘Why is he smiling like that? Is he thinking of a girl? No way! I’m not gonna make that happen! HE’S MINE…’

“Did I? keke. By the way, why are you here?”

“Ah, I almost forgot. Mom and dad want to have dinner together with you tonight. So, make sure you don’t have any other plan for tonight. Okay?”

“Urm, okay! But, did you come here just to tell me that?”

 

Yeirm sigh “Actually, I’m trying to run away from mom and dad. They want to set up a blind date for me again. Mom says they found a nice man who owns a big company, still single and the best part is… HE’S 45 YEARS OLD! Can you imagine that?! I’m 23 years old and that ahjeossi is already 45 years old which makes him 22 years older than me! OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY DAD!”

 

Leeteuk can’t help but laughing at her. He knows he is supposed to comfort her but it's just too funny. Yerim’s face turns red and she’ll explode anytime soon but Leeteuk still can’t stop laughing crazily.

“Oppa! You aren’t supposed to be laughing at me!"

“I know. I’m sorry but…. Kekeke… Excuse me for a while… kekeke… Hanna-ya… kekeke… I’m sorry… kekekeke…. I tried but… BHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

“PPAKK!” a sound can be heard. Leeteuk’s lost for a while. After 3 seconds, he just realized that he’d being hit hard by something soft. That’s when he stops laughing. He looks at Yerim.  It's her who hits Leeteuk with a pillow.

“Urm, okay. I’m sorry” Leeteuk sit up straight on his bed, his hands are on his knees and his eyes are set on the floor as he didn’t dare to look into Yerim’s eyes.

“You know you shouldn’t laugh, right?”

Leeteuk nods.

“You know I’m not feeling okay right now, right?”

Leeteuk nods again.

“You know I need you to comfort me, right?”

 And Leeteuk nods again. Yerim lets out a deep sigh and sits beside him.

 “What am I suppose to do now? Mom and dad want me to get married before I’m 25. I still have another 2 years. Aren’t they supposed to let me find my own future husband at least for this year?”

“You have someone on your mind, don’t you?” Leeteuk knows Yerim didn’t agree with any of the man that her parents had set up for her on purpose. Leeteuk knows because at first, her parents had set her up with thousands of nice man, had great jobs, great families and young. It’s crazy if a girl refuse to be with such a perfect man. But, Yerim had refused to agree with any of them. Yerim remains silent at Leeteuk’s question.

“Who is it? Do I know him?”

Instead of answering Leeteuk’s question, Yerim looks at him with her helpless eyes.

“Oppa, why can’t you see it? It’s you! The one that I want is you! I only want you! What should I do to make you realize it?” Yerim wants to say this to Leeteuk but she can’t.

"Whoever he is, I hope you can tell him your feelings and tell mom and dad about this. I'm sure they'll understand"