Concept of Story and Explanations

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

*Drum roll*

Welcome to the aftermath of all the craziness~!

 


Summary

 

Let's start with an index of the dimensions to sum things up, shall we?

 

Chapter

Dimension

Summary

1 - 2

9

Tiffany wakes up in Dimension 9 and obtains the Pink Pocket Watch.

3 - 9

10

Tiffany travels to Dimension 10 where Tiffany starts high school and meets Taeyeon for the first time.

10

9

Tiffany heads back to the Dimension where she thought she belongs to and gets scolded by Jessica for disappearing.

11 – 18

11

Tiffany travels to Dimension 11 which the year is 2015 and meets the jittery horoscope believer Tiffany who then told Taeyeon that she is in love with Jessica.

19 - 26

12

Tiffany finds out that she is the only one who can use the pocket watch and ends up going to the next dimension accidentally. Dimension 12, where Tiffany is a star while Taeyeon isn’t.

26

1

Tiffany’s identity was exposed, sending her back to her dimension which obviously you guys didn’t know is Dimension 1 then.

27 – 29

2

Tiffany unknowingly decided to skip Dimension 1 and heads to 2 where the taeny there are just kids.

29 - 32

3

Tiffany travels to the dimension where everyone is with everyone else and especially Taeyeon, who was with Sunny. This is where things started to go awry.

32 - 33

3

Tiffany meets the travelling Taeyeon and starts to mess up because she couldn’t handle her feelings. It was hinted that things will work out eventually for Taeny in Dimension 3 but Tiffany didn’t stay long enough to see as Taeyeon decidedly sent her to the next dimension.

34

4 – 5

Tiffany finds out that the Tiffany in Dimension 4 never went to Korea, never met Taeyeon and is currently dating Jessica. She ran in denial and went immediately to Dimension 5 where our reality is hinted. This is the down point where Tiffany lost control.

35

6

Tiffany ended up getting herself drunk and made out with the similarly drunk Taeyeon of Dimension 6. It was also hinted that it will work out for taeny in this dimension since our Tiffany showing herself would be a cue for disaster and so Taeyeon sent her home.

36

1, 7

Tiffany, not knowing that she had ended up in her original dimension, went in search of Taeyeon’s grave. However, she was left in shock when she couldn’t find it and decided to just run away to the next dimension, dimension 7 where she meets old Taeyeon in front of the other Tiffany's grave. This is also the turning point where our Tiffany finally gets a grip of herself.

37 - 38

9

Taeyeon sends our Tiffany to speak with her Tiffany in Dimension 9, who turns out to be terminally ill. Taeyeon then explained certain things to our Tiffany in terms of dimension travelling before sending her on the final mission.

39

8

Our Tiffany gets held up by the annoying ex and unknowingly saves Taeyeon and Tiffany from the car accident that killed Taeyeon in dimension 9 and severely injured our Tiffany in dimension 1. It was therefore assumed that taeny from Dimension 8 managed to be together as they avoided the car accident and were able to meet.

At the end of the chapter, our Tiffany was sent back to her own dimension (1) and wakes up from her coma.

Epilogue

1

TAENY FTW. LOL.

 

Okay, I got a little OCD with that table (need to organizeeeeeeeeee).

 

Let’s back up a bit. This is what Taeyeon told Tiffany when she sold her the watch.

 

"There are some rules to this though. You can only travel to each of the dimension once. When you are in another dimension, only your other self can know your origins. No one else can know that you are from another dimension or you will be brought back to your own dimension. You can help your other self in fixing the regrets that you may have but eventually, it has to be done by your other self. It is after all, not your dimension."

 

Turns out Dimension 9 is an odd one, (actually it’s my mistake when I forgot about the rule and sent Tiffany to Dimension 9 twice with the watch but you don’t know that), so let’s just assume it’s possible because the dead Taeyeon is from 9 and she is the one setting the rules.

Based on this rule, however, I hinted about Dimension 1 as the true dimension where our Tiffany is from, since she was sent there when her identity was exposed accidentally in Chapter 26.

 


Original Plot that was scrapped / Cut out scenes.

 

Dimension 5 

Dimension reflecting our reality, was initially planned to be Taeny with their respective husbands. Until reality struck that is. In any case, it was never meant to be long, just touch and go dimension.

 

Dimension 6 

The dimension with the drunk Tiffany and Taeyeon making out. The back story for the drunk Taeyeon was that she got into a fight with Tiffany in Dimension 6. As an old couple, they were going through a rough patch and Taeyeon was to fall in love with our Tiffany, as she sees her as their past, when they were happy. Of course, I didn't find it fitting for the story at that point of time so that was abandoned.

 

Dimension 9

I thought about the part about why our Tiffany, despite being in coma and therefore just a wandering soul (whatever you call it), is able to be seen when I first came up with the story. I planned to have our Tiffany, travelling using the body of Tiffany number 9, who lets our Tiffany's soul in because her mind was weaken by the brain cancer, which explains the constant headaches our Tiffany felt when travelling. However, I felt that this was too confusing and decided to scrap it last minute. So I will just say that our Tiffany is able to be seen because she is an abnormality. IT'S PARANORMAL. Okay done. LOL.

Anyway, the reason why two Tiffanys can coexist in Dimension 9 without them or any of their friends realizing was because the sick Tiffany has been staying at the hospital discreetly. That and the fact that our Tiffany had been staying in Taeyeon's apartment as mentioned in the first chapter.

 

Dimension 1

You may wish to reread Chapter 26 where hints were dropped (I should really put a star next to Chapter 26), the shop where Tiffany got her pocket watch disappeared because that shop was in Dimension 9. A small hint, if you compared Chapter 1 and 26 when I described Taeyeon's room, the colour is different because she is in different dimension.

Apparently, our Tiffany is invisible in Dimension 1 where she is supposedly in a coma, as hinted by the bus driver didn't see her and the stranger who bumped into her. The part about Jessica in a hurry and therefore didn't see her was due to the fact that our Tiffany, being sent back to her own dimension, had a ripple effect on her physical body. There had been an emergency where our Tiffany in coma was experiencing that Jessica was in a rush to head to the hospital. However, this scene was removed since the story is based on our Tiffany's point of view and there is no way our Tiffany could have known about what was occuring at the hospital.

 


 

 Many thanks. Nothing but just thanks.

If you would like more cheesy stuff, head to Searching For Something. I updated with a second chapter. ^^

 


 

The End.