Chapter 35

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

A/N: Double Update -> Check Chapter 34 first.


 

My next destination was somehow like a bad joke yet I found it rather convenient. I wondered why I would end up somewhere near a bar of some sort when I decided that I didn’t care, I just needed a drink.

 

I was broke but I figured I could get someone to buy me some and I was right. It was late and it seemed that some people were getting desperate to find company in the dead of the night. I was a little hesitant initially, but I soon loosen up a few drinks later.

 

Feeling confident as my judgment blurred with the burning liquid down my throat, I went around the tables for toasts. It was funny how drunk people toasts with strangers when they had one too many. They just needed another excuse to drink more and so do I.

 

By the time I ended up at the last table at the corner of the bar, I was staggering and trying hard to walk straight. There was a woman, seemingly passed out on the table.

 

I poked her shoulder with my finger. She groaned and waved her hand to swat off whatever that was disrupting her sleep.

 

I poked again, at the same spot.

 

She stirred but made no other movements.

 

I giggled as I poked again, this time on her temple. She then jerked upwards, startling me in the process, but soon lied backwards onto the couch and continued sleeping.

 

I sat closer to eye and leaned in, taking a better look at her face, which was… not any better. My vision was blurred.

 

“Am I drunk or you really looked so much like my TaeTae?” I slurred and traced her facial features with my finger.

 

She stirred again and scratched the spot where I touched. And then her eyes opened. The confused look on her face quickly turned into recognition.

 

“Fany?”

 

“Taeyeon?” I smiled widely. “My TaeTae!”

 

I moved and sat on her lap. I was too drunk to know what I was doing, or so I would like to think. Screw whoever said drunks are still 10% conscious of what they are doing.

 

Taeyeon was going to question my actions when I crashed my lips into hers. It hurt as my lips hit her front teeth but I didn’t care, not even the metallic taste in my mouth. I wasn’t sure if it was because of the intoxication or she really wanted it but Taeyeon returned the kiss.

 

She circled her hands around my back and held me closer. I placed my hands behind the back of her head and pulled her into a passionate kiss. I nibbled on her lower lips and she moaned into the kiss, spurring me on to go on. It was exhilarating. I was finally letting out my emotions and feelings into the kiss and I didn’t even care whose Taeyeon this is. I figured that she was drinking and therefore legal, age wise. But really, that was more of an afterthought.

 

Just as I moved my hand south and just under her shirt, my hand was yanked away and I was pulled away from her.

 

“Hey! What’s your problem?” I yelled, upset by the suddenly lost of contact with Taeyeon.

 

“That should be my question to you!” An angry voice yelled back.

 

I frowned when I saw the Taeyeon I was making out with passed out again. I turned around and was about to screamed at the irritating and rude person when I saw another Taeyeon standing right in front of me. I must be drunk and seeing double. I laughed and toppled forward onto her.

 

“That’s it!” She said and yanked me in the other direction. I stumbled a little as she dragged me towards the back of the establishment.

 

“Hey, you are hurting me!” I struggled to free myself from her grip.

 

She said nothing and pulled me into the bathroom and the sink tap. The next thing I know, I was splashed in the face with ice cold water.

 

“YAH!”

 

I struggled further, hitting and slapping her in the process.

 

“Enough!” Taeyeon yelled again.

 

And I made one last effort to free myself, slapping her right across the face. She stumbled towards her right and away from the sink as she let go of me.

 

There was a pregnant pause as I slowly come around and realized what I did.

 

I reached for her face in silence but she flinched. I quickly stepped away, feeling apologetic for what I did but I remained silent.

 

“I said to learn to let go,” She bellowed under her breath. “Not let loose.”

 

“What do you expect me to do?” I whined, knowing fully that I was in the wrong yet refused to admit any of it. “What do you want me to do?”

 

She didn’t reply.

 

“What can I do?” I said as I felt tears whelming up my eyes again but I refuse to cry. I took a deep breath and blinked hard, trying to make the feeling go away. I continued stepping backwards till I hit my back on the wall and slide down onto the floor.

 

“There’s nothing I can do,” I said in defeat.

 

Taeyeon sighed and squatted next to me.

 

“Where have you been?” Taeyeon asked gently, patting and fixing my hair.

 

“Anywhere but near you.” I replied in defiance.

 

“I am sorry,” she said softly and pulled me into hug. I weep in her embrace.

 

Is there anything else she can say other than apologies?

 

“I looked everywhere for you in dimension five.” Taeyeon said when I finally calmed down.

 

“Yeah, I know enough to move on.”

 

Taeyeon raised her brows.

 

“I read everything on a magazine.”

 

Taeyeon formed an O with . “You can’t trust everything gossip magazines say you know?”

 

My brows furrowed as I thought about the implications. My mind was too messed up to come to any logical conclusion.

 

“You are confusing me.”

 

“Don’t think about it, it’s over anyway, you can’t really head back there.”

 

Silence engulfed the bathroom again.

 

“What about the Taeyeon here?” I suddenly remembered what I was doing earlier, albeit a little embarrassed by my actions.

 

I quickly stood up, only to feel dizzy and had to hold onto the wall for support. Taeyeon quickly grabbed my hand.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked, tone concerning.

 

“Yea, I think,” I replied. “We should really check on her.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and walked ahead of me. Just as we reached the end of the corridor and out to the main area, Taeyeon suddenly stopped and made a quick turn, trapping me between her and the wall by the side with her hands on either side of my head.

 

“What…”

 

“Ssshhhh!” She shushed me.

 

That was when I noticed the other Taeyeon being carried away by Tiffany.

 

“Oh,” I said as I watched on. It was amusing to watch ourselves just a few steps away.

 

The other Taeyeon was slightly conscious and was blabbering about something. All I can hear was “making out” and “good kisser”. I smiled when I noticed a tinge of pink on Tiffany’s cheek as they made their way out.

 

“They are gone,” I said and Taeyeon quickly let goes, stepping away from my personal space.

 

She awkwardly coughed and deliberately looked away to avoid making eye contact with me. I smiled at her awkwardness.

 

“So, do you think they will be alright?” I asked.

 

“Huh? Who? Oh.” Taeyeon stuttered. “Yeah, yeah. I think they will be fine as long as you don’t show yourself and they will just think it was a dream or something.”

 

“Isn’t that bad? Thinking it was just a dream?”

 

“Well, Taeyeon just told Tiffany about it, didn’t she?”

 

“True,” I agreed. Although I wasn’t sure I should leave things at it is, I figured I would make things worse if I actually show up.

 

“Ready to go?” Taeyeon asked, snapping me out of my thoughts and I realized she had my pocket watch.

 

I nodded.

 

“Let’s go home.”

 

Home, I like the sound of that.

 

-

 

A/N:

Will I finish this by new year? I wonder.