Chapter 32

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

The person at the door paled, if that was even possible with her pale complexion.

 

“Taeyeon…” I trailed off, stunned at how fast the cat was out of the bag.

 

“Huh?” Tiffany gave me a questioning look before turning towards the door but Taeyeon was too quick for her. She turned and left before Tiffany could see her.

 

“Where?” She asked me and I wondered how to explain the situation.

 

Suddenly, I realized something was wrong.

 

I am still here.

 

I should have disappeared in a puff and back to my dimension.

 

What the hell is going on?

 

“Wait here!” I shouted at Tiffany and immediately ran after Taeyeon.

 

-

 

“Taeyeon! Wait!” I could barely keep up with her.

 

Gosh how fast is that short little…

 

Before I could finish my thoughts, I was yanked to the side and I almost screamed at the person in shock.

 

However, it was Taeyeon right in front of me. And slightly too close for comfort.

 

She was looking around to check if anyone was following or seen us.

 

“Yes, I can run, despite my short legs.” Taeyeon grumbled with a pout.

 

How did you know I was thinking…

 

“Of course I know what you were thinking.” Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at me.

 

“Sorry,” I gulped, suddenly feeling guilty for making fun of her shortcomings.

 

Her eyes soften at my apology and her gaze was swiftly replaced with something different.

 

Affection?

 

I unconsciously held my breath.

 

Why? How?

 

I avoided her gaze and that was when I realized this Taeyeon was different. Her clothes are different from earlier.

 

What? Why did she change her clothes?

 

I frowned, feeling confused.

 

Wait, how could she be so composed after seeing two Tiffanys? And how come I am still here when the secret is exposed? I recalled the reason why I ran after her.

 

Before I could question her, I felt her hand on my left cheek.

 

“Fany…” She called my name softly.

 

My chest tightened and my buried overwhelming feelings returned. I mirrored her and raised my hand to caress her cheek.

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

I felt wetness against my fingertips and realized Taeyeon was crying.

 

Alarmed, I was about to withdraw my hand when her left hand held mine in place and leaned against my palm.

 

“Don’t let go yet,” She let out a soft sigh of content.

 

My heart swelled but I was confused.

 

What the hell is going on?

 

And a thought hit me.

 

It can’t be…Taeyeon… My Taeyeon…?

 

My tears started to cloud my vision and I lost control. I pulled Taeyeon hard into an embrace and started sobbing.

 

“Hey…” She cooed.

 

“No…” I cried harder and tightened my hold on her. “I am never letting you go again.”

 

-

 

It took a while before I could recollect myself and let go of her but I held her hand as if she would disappear suddenly.

 

I am never going to let her out of my sight. I decided.

 

She chuckled at the sobbing mess that I was in, not that she was any better.

 

“You,” I glared at her. “You made me cry!”

 

“You made me cry too!” Taeyeon smiled as she raised her free hand to wipe off my tears.

 

We shared a look before grinning at how silly we were.

 

“I miss you…” I blurted out.

 

And then I paused in realization that Taeyeon, my Taeyeon, is gone.

 

“You...” I searched her face for an answer.

 

As if she knew what I was thinking, she gave me a sad smile.

 

“I am sorry…”

 

I frowned. I don’t want an apology. I don’t need one. I just want her back. I need her back.

 

However, her next sentence totally blew my mind off.

 

“I am not your Taeyeon.”

 

My heart shattered once again.

 

-

 

“What do you mean you are not my Taeyeon?” I questioned, slightly angered.

 

“Who are you? Why am I still here when you saw two of me? Why did you look at me with that longing look and say you are not my Taeyeon? How could you say you are not?”

 

My questions were all over the place but I was too distraught to think it through. I was barely keeping my tears in.

 

“Looks like I have quite a lot of answer huh?” Taeyeon grinned, slightly fueling my anger.

 

Why is she still smiling at times like these?

 

I was about to voice my annoyance when she reached out and gently fixed my fringe. And I held my breath at that gesture.

 

How could she tug my heartstrings so easily? My brows tightened.

 

“Hey, don’t frown. You will get wrinkles and you wouldn’t be pretty anymore,” She softly caressed my brows.

 

I simply glared at her again.

 

“Haha, I am just kidding!” Taeyeon laughed nervously.

 

“Yah!”

 

“Who am I kidding,” She interrupted me. “You are always beautiful."

 

"And I love you." She added in a whisper.

 

I gasped.

 

Something was wrong. My Taeyeon and I were close but she had never shown her affection for me that blatantly before, which explained why I was so afraid to confess.

 

This Taeyeon however, seemed to be quick to show her love for me, or rather Tiffany, if that makes any sense.

 

Seemingly noticed my apprehension at the situation, she tightened her grip of my hand.

 

“What makes you think you are the only one travelling?”

 

-

 

A/N:

Time to spice things up even more for our own Tiffany. I realised there hadn't been much progress for the running plot of the travelling Tiffany so tadah! Oh, and a little hint - if you think our Tiffany is going to end up with the "travelling" Taeyeon introduced here, think again. Yikes, I am being evil again, aren't I?

Anyways... Incoming treat for my readers. Not the story content though, I meant I am going to update all my stories.