Chapter 21

Pursuit of Parallel Happiness

“It’s okay, I know her.” Taeyeon sighed in relief.

 

“You know her? How?” Tiffany asked, seemingly still taken aback by how similar we looked.

 

“She’s the new tenant.” Taeyeon answered before turning her attention towards me. “You won’t tell, right?”

 

I nodded my head.

 

Okay, so they are all good here.  I probably can head home then, I really miss my own bed.

 

“What?!” Tiffany suddenly exclaimed.

 

Taeyeon squirmed at the sudden loud voice.

 

“How could you rent my room away?” Tiffany asked angrily.

 

“I didn’t. I mean, I just… it’s just…” Taeyeon was lost for words.

 

Looks like she doesn’t know how to explain my situation.

 

“Just what?” Tiffany squinted her eyes at Taeyeon. “Why are you stuttering?”

 

“No, I wasn’t. I mean… it’s hard to explain.” Taeyeon gave up. “Besides, you don’t stay there anymore so why can’t I?”

 

“So you did rent it away.” Tiffany stated matter-of-factly. “And what’s so hard to explain? Why are you like this? It feels like we aren’t talking anymore.”

 

Hmmm, should I interject and help explain? I thought but I couldn’t come up with a reasonable explanation without exposing my real identity in front of Taeyeon.

 

“Look who’s talking.” Taeyeon murmured under her breath.

 

“What did you say?” Tiffany raised her voice.

 

“I said funny how you feel like we aren't talking anymore.” Taeyeon raised her voice back. “It’s not like I don’t want to talk but every time I called, you would just hang up on me within 10 minutes. How are we going to hold meaningful conversations like this? I don’t even have to mention the fact that today is the first time we met in 3 months! 3 months!”

 

Okay, maybe not. I should not get involved in this.

 

“Wha… What?!” Tiffany eyes widen at Taeyeon’s sudden outburst. “I am sorry, okay? I was busy! You know how hectic singers get during their promotion period.”

 

“Ha!” Taeyeon scoffed. “You know what? I don’t know. I don’t understand why how you are so busy till you can’t reply to a simple text message to your girlfriend.”

 

“I was tired and I don’t always carry my phone with me!” Tiffany tried to explain. “I thought you would understand! You said you would!”

 

“Are you blaming me now?” Taeyeon glared at Tiffany. “I said I would but seriously, I don’t see the point of this relationship if we can’t talk or freaking message, let alone meet each other. I can’t even tell people I am attached while you get to link arms with those idols.”

 

“There’s nothing between me and them, whoever you are referring to!” Tiffany rebutted. “Are you breaking up with me?”

 

“No, I am just saying I wish that we can proudly date and that I can tell someone about us!” Taeyeon said plainly. “Now I can’t even get close to you in public!”

 

Oh, no wonder she said Tiffany can’t have her anywhere near. I thought as I continued to watch the duo argue and treat me as if I am invisible.

 

“But you knew what you were getting into when we got together! Why is it that suddenly you want recognition of some sort? Like you suddenly realized how good it is to date openly!” Tiffany’s eyes widen as if she realized something. “Are you cheating on me?”

 

“What?! NO!” Taeyeon shouted, as if she heard something ridiculous. “Oh for god’s sake! No!”

 

“Then why are you acting like this?!” Tiffany frowned.

 

“UGH. Seriously, how can you always turn it against me like I am always in the wrong somehow?!” Taeyeon said in frustration. “You know what. Fine, yes, I am cheating on you. Happy now?”

 

What?! You did not just say that! I thought as I gave Taeyeon an incredulous look. I know Taeyeon was just saying that in the heat of the moment.

 

“You finally admit it, didn’t you?” Tiffany scowled. “Who is it?”

 

You have gotta be kidding me. She’s obviously saying it in anger, she doesn’t mean it! I thought as I looked at Tiffany.

 

“Unbelievable.” Taeyeon muttered. “Fine, I am cheating on you with… with…”

 

I saw Taeyeon looked around and her eyes landed on me.

 

Oh no. No, you don’t!

 

“With Stephanie.”

 

Oh .

 

I shot Taeyeon an are-you-crazy look before turning my attention to Tiffany, only to find her giving me a death glare.

 

“No, she didn’t mean that.” I quickly said in a panic, as I waved my hands in denial.

 

Before Tiffany could say anything, Taeyeon grabbed my wrist and pulled me along as she said, “We are done here. And I mean everything I said."

 

What?!

 

I mean WHAT?!

 

-

 

Okay, they are definitely not doing well over here.

 

After pulling me all the way back home last night without a single word, Taeyeon head right back to her room and slammed her door, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

Being thoroughly exhausted by the day’s events, I crashed in bed and left all my troubles for today.

 

This is ridiculous. I rolled my eyes at the absurdity of the situation.

 

Basically, Tiffany now thinks Taeyeon is cheating on her with me, when I only came to this universe for a day! And to make matters worse, Taeyeon had to admit something she didn’t do!

 

Recalling the earlier argument they had, it was pretty obvious what was bothering Taeyeon. However, the same can’t be said for Tiffany. Besides, someone has to tell the stupid girl that Taeyeon isn’t cheating on her. Considering Taeyeon is not going to back down any time soon and tell Tiffany about it, the only option left is me.

 

I sighed as I thought about my certain death before I can explain anything if I were to show up in front of Tiffany.

 

How am I going to find Tiffany anyway?

 

That was when I remembered Tiffany here is a star which is a good thing for me. All her schedules are published on the internet. I can’t say the same for her though. There is no such thing as privacy when it comes to stars.

 

I sighed again as I thought of the implications.

 

Taeyeon.

 

Their estranged relationship.

 

I have come so far and successfully helped in two other universes, I don’t see how I am going to be put off by this.

 

-

 

With however little cash I had in my pocket, I managed to take a bus to the destination. It was the first time I actually felt thankful that Korean won is the same everywhere, however weird that sounds.

 

Great. How do I get in now?  I thought as I looked at the studio which Tiffany is supposed to have her shooting held.

 

Just then, I saw the guard at the backdoor escorting some fans away.

 

Yes! I fist pumped and adjusted my scarf as I made my way in.

 

I avoided all eye contact once I entered the premises, which is most of the time, considering the number of staff around here. It is funny how I always had to hide my face to avoid being recognized by friends or family. To make it more intense, I now have to hide from every single living person here, which doesn’t sound very promising since I was caught every single time based on my track record.

 

Great! I sarcastically exclaimed in my head.

 

Where is Tiffany’s waiting room?! I mentally screamed as I peeked at every single door I see in the hallway.

 

And of course, as life has it, luck is never with me when I needed it.

 

I felt a hand on my shoulder when I heard a soft yet stern voice.

 

“Where do you think you are going?”

 

Oh crap. Not again.

 

-

 

A/N:

Hmmm, is this getting too predictable?