..

Sparks

The building they took you too was so normal looking. You were expecting a super secret underground society closed off from the outside world. There were people all over, some using their power out in the open. V must have noticed how surprised you were because he gently touched your shoulder and brought your attention to him.

 

People can see, why are they using their powers out like that?”, you asked. It was like being the new kid in school wondering why things were so different.

 

He chuckled, “One of the other people here, Eunji, she has an illusion based power. The people outside don't see what we see. They actually don't see anything, they think that this building is abandoned.”, he explained.

 

You looked back at them before going back to following V and his friends. They said hi to a few people as you reached an elevator, and you kept your distance. When the elevator doors opened you saw a few more people.

 

JIN!” The one that had named you Sparky spun around and nodded to the little girl that had called out to him.


“I'm impatient.”, she pouted and brought out a Popsicle tray.

 

He rolled his eyes, “Janey, I'm not going to be around for ever.”

 

She pursed her lips, “Pleaseeeeeee?”, she whined.

 

Jin held back a smile and brought the tray up to his face. He exhaled and the liquid froze instantly. You widened your eyes, pointing at the cooled solid Popsicles that he handed back to Janey. She beamed brightly and nodded her head at him.

 

Thank you, thank you!”, she said cutely and went back down the hall and into her room.

 

Impressed Sparky?”, he wore a smug grin at your amazement.

 

Pfft.” You all turned back to our original direction and saw and another girl standing at her doorway, her arms crossed over her chest. “Jin your power . Big deal you can make freeze.”

 

He frowned, “Yeah whatever.”

 

Show her your power Sohee!”, V insisted, nudging the boy in front of you to the side so you could see.

 

She smiled and moved to where she was facing your direction. She stared at you, blinked, and her skin and clothes rippled from her head down to her toes. Your jaw dropped when you saw that she was a shape shifter, changing her appearance to your own.

 

Holy !”, you reached out to touch her, flinching back when she mimicked you.

Sohee giggled in your form and then changed back to her normal self. “Cool, huh?”

 

What's your power?”, she asked.

 

Suddenly more doors in the hall opened and people poked their heads out. You took another step back and lowered your head, giving V a confused and worried glance. He looked at them for a second and tried to give you a smile.

 

They heard about your power...Eden, he has premonitions. He saw you coming and told the others...News travels fast.”, he smiled apologetically.

 

Show us!”, someone called out.

 

V could sense that you were uncomfortable with being called out like that and with the wave of his hand everyone went back into their rooms without saying another word. He looked back at you.

 

It's okay, you don't have to worry.

 

You jumped a little when you heard his voice in your head and he let out a chuckle. The other boys had since made it down the hall and all walked into one room. You filed in behind them with V right behind you, shutting the door once everyone was inside.

 

You can sit down.”, V pointed to one of the empty chairs.

 

You sat down, noticed two of his friends were now at the computer pressing down the keys rapidly and mumbling out words while they stared intently at the screen. The rest of them sat around the room, staring at you. When you met their eyes you looked down quickly, catching V's attention again. He sighed and sat down in the chair next to yours.

 

How did you find me?”, you asked quietly.

“Jimin found you.”, V said.

 

That'd be me!”, one of the boys looking at the computer raised his hand. “I'm clairvoyant, I can see through other people's eyes.”, he explained without taking his eyes off the screen.

 

Let's show her what we can do.', V suggested looking at the others.

 

Jin put his feet up on the coffee table, “She already knows what I can do. Jeongguk, show her yours!”

 

The one that was playing on the computer paused his game and cracked his knuckles. You stared at him and he disappeared into thin air. You let out a small gasp.

 

Guess where I'm at!” You heard him giggle.

 

Jin grabbed the nearest pillow and tossed it towards the bedroom door. Jeongguk reappeared before your eyes, catching the pillow before it could hit him. He gave a satisfied smile at your reaction and threw the pillow back at Jin before taking his seat back at the computer to play again.

 

Namjoon you go.”, Jin said.

 

He stood up with a sigh, “Don't freak out.”, he warned.

 

He gulped and then stepped back, leaving a whole other copy of him in his previous place. You narrowed you eyes and he did it again, replicating himself another time. Then all at once they merged back with the original.

 

Whoa.”, you breathed out.

 

Hoseok has the funnest one.”, V smiled.

 

You heard a laugh and he straightened up in his seat, “Watch this.”, he grinned and turned to face Jeongguk and Jimin. They were bickering over the game when suddenly Jimin's hand landed with a loud smack on Jeongguk's face. The younger boy cried out and backed away.

 

Hoseok!”, they both whined.

 

While the other boys laughed he looked back at Namjoon. “No!”, he shook his head but it was too late, as if in a trance he walked over to Jin and gripped his face with his hands.

 

OH MY GOD HOSEOK STOP IT NOW!” Jin yelled as he tried to get away from Namjoon, who was puckering his lips at him.

 

You covered the lower half of your face and laughed as you watched as Hoseok didn't let up and waited until their faces were a few centimeters apart before releasing his hold on Namjoon.

 

I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT !” Namjoon tackled Hoseok.

 

Before you knew it they were all in a jumble as they roughhoused. You brought your legs up and curled up on the chair as a few of them rolled pass you. V muttered under his breath and stood up from his chair, calling out their names and trying to separate them. Each one tried to use their power, Jeongguk would disappear when one of them got a grip on him, Namjoon would replicate himself, Hoseok used his mind control.

 

Ow!” Jeongguk reappeared suddenly, holding one side of his head.

 

They all stopped and went to him. “What did you do?!”, they scolded.

 

He cringed as they removed his hand, seeing a small cut by his cheek. “I was going to pull down Taehyung but I tripped.”, he explained.

 

The only one that hadn't shown you his power yet stepped in front of him and shook his head. “You need to be more careful.”, he furrowed his brows and placed his fingers over the cut.

 

You moved from your seat, and watched as the cut sealed and all that was left was the smeared blood from the cut. You must have voiced out your astonishment because they all looked to you and V gave you another one of those breathtaking smiles.

 

Yoongi can heal.”, he let out an airy laugh.

 

They all went back to their seats, with Jimin grabbing a napkin and helping Jeongguk clean up where his cut had been. V carefully reached out for your hand and lead you back to your seat.

 

Jeongguk gasped from his seat, “Jimin get the charger from my room, hurry up!”

 

You looked up, seeing Jimin run out of the room to get the laptop charger and held your hand out, pointing a finger at the computer. You knitted your brows together and let out a small zap, enough to fully charge the battery. This time it was their turn to be surprised and astounded. Jeongguk's jaw fell open and he had to pause his game again just as Jimin returned with the charger in hand.

 

What?”, he asked from the doorway.

 

Can we keep her?”, Jeongguk looked at V with pleading eyes.

 

He tilted his head at him, “She's not a pet Jeongguk.”, he said with a serious tone.

 

You lowered your head again, “I can usually control it...but...If I'm angry or sad....or jealous.”, you said the last word with some hesitation, “Then it can get out of hand.”, you explained.

 

I can do this too.” You brought both of your hands in front of you, caging them together and focused. They leaned forward to get a better look and flinched back when a spark came from your hands. You slowly pulled your hands apart and they let out oohs and ahhs when they saw the small ball of energy your hands were circling. Smiling you shifted in your seat, facing Jin.

 

Can you move to the left?”, you asked, keeping focus on your hands.


When he did you looked to the lamp that was behind him and while you cupped the orb with your left hand you flicked it over to the bulb. It light up brightly before shattering. You all jumped in reaction and you cringed.

 

Too much.”, you grimaced, taking a glance at V, “I'm sorry.”

 

He shook his head, smiling, “That was awesome!”, he praised.

 

You blushed at his words and looked back down at your hands. “I should probably get back home...”, you mumbled.

 

V stood up and they all looked at you oddly.

 

What do you mean?”, Hoseok frowned.

“You don't want to stay here?”, Yoongi asked.

 

Believe it or not Sparky, you kind of belong here.”, Jin added.

 

I don't know about that...”, you bit your lip.

 

They all looked at V, who kept his eyes on you the whole time. Instead of repeating what they had said he pressed his lips together and shook his head to them. They mumbled out goodbyes and left the room, heading to their own across and down the hall.

 

I'll walk you home.”, he offered, hands in his pockets.

 

You shook your head, already heading towards the door, “It's fine, I-”

 

V blocked your way, “Please...”, he interrupted.

 

You stared at him for a second, before looking away and nodding. “Okay.”