35. Yuri's Family Heartbreaking Past

My HatefulBoyfriend

I exposed a lot of things in this chapter. there are a lot of clues about what happen to Yuri, Minho and Siwon in the past. I'm sure some of your questions' might be answered in this chapter. I think most of you will understand about the connection between three of them. Enjoy! and please comment or ask if you are uncertain about something in this chapter. ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho was just silent as he stared at Yuri in hesitation. He didn’t want her to be worried and at the same, he wanted to show that he was already okay.

However, Yuri knew that there was nothing that could made him scared like that except those nightmares. “You don’t have to lie.” She wiped the sweat on his forehead with her hand and showed it to him. “See, you’re sweating a lot.”

“Isn’t it dirty?” He faked a chuckle as he wiped his sweat on her hand with his shirt. However, Yuri didn’t give a response to his joke and she just stared at him in worry. He sensed this atmosphere and he tried to avoid it. “Since it’s already late, it’s better if I go home now. See you tomorrow.” He gave her a small smile before walking away.

However, Yuri grabbed his arm which stopped him. “Are you okay?” She looked at him with concerned face.

“Yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

“Don’t you think we should do something about this? To stop you from getting those nightmares?”

“If there is something that I can do, would I suffer like this?”

“But, still…” She looked very sad and worried about him.

He stared at her and tried to make something that would take away her sad expression. “Ah, yes… all these times, you are the one who take the first move. Shouldn’t I take the move this time?”

“Huh? What?” She asked lazily as he changing the topic won’t stop making her worried about him.

He suddenly gave her a kiss on her lips. She looked very shocked but he just replied her with a smile. “I’m talking about this.” He grinned to her.

She finally burst into chuckle.

“That’s right. I want you to smile like this. Don’t worry too much about me, ok?”

“But…”

“Sshh!” He hissed as he put his index finger at her lips. “I’ll take care of myself, ok?” Yuri still looked hesitant to agree with him. “I’m really fine now.”

She finally agreed, “Alright but… if you find it’s still hard, just tell me, ok?”

“Yes~” He smiled to her. “Then, see you tomorrow.”

“Ok, bye.”

-----------

In the morning, after having a long deep sleep, Yoona came out from the room while stretching. “Ah~” She screamed in satisfaction.

She went to downstairs and smelt a nice smell from the kitchen as she headed into the kitchen. She saw her mom was busy doing something.

“Mom, are you preparing breakfast?” She asked while yawning.

“Oh, you are awake?”

“Do you want me to help with anything?” Yoona offered her help.

“It’s okay. I already finished anyways.”

Yoona took a seat on the chair as she saw her mom preparing the breakfast. “It has been a long time since I saw mom cooking.”

“That means you have to come home more frequently. You rarely spent night here.”

“I’m sorry, mom. I am so busy with the shooting of the program and not to mention, I used some time for study.”

“If you are that busy, do you eat well?”

“Of course. Don’t worry about that, I eat as much as I can during the meal time!” She exclaimed happily. “My friends called me Shikshin!”

Her mother chuckled. “That’s a relief then.” She asked. “Are you really happy?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“This is the first time you got yourself a boyfriend, this feeling must be different, isn’t it?”

Yoona was just silent as she couldn’t find any words but her shy broad smile gave the most perfect answer to describe her feelings. “But, mom… is dad your first love?”

“Yes, I think so. Why?”

“Wow, it must be so nice. Didn’t you have any obstacle in your relationship?”

“Hm, obstacle? Honestly, at first, your dad’s family didn’t accept me since I’m from not-so-rich family but yes, somehow, it got solved.”

“Really? Then, since my parents like him… ok… then… hm, I wonder what may other problem?” Yoona asked herself.

Her mother laughed at her daughter who looked so worried and felt insecure about her relationship which started a few days ago. “You really think far into the future, aren’t you? Do you really want Nickhun to be your first and last love?”

Yoona pouted her lips as she said. “Thinking about yesterday, when dad played a joke on us, honestly, on that time… my heart really hurts… I don’t know how to explain… but, somehow, if the joke is real, I don’t know…”

“You like him that much?”

“I think so.”

“Aigoo, my daughter.” Her mother patted her head. “You can’t always show your feelings to him obviously, sometimes, girls have to play hard to get. That’s the only way guys won’t get sick of you.”

“Is that true?”

“Ok, now… don’t think too much about it. Go wake up your brother and Nickhun.”

----------

Yoona knocked the door of Leeteuk’s room. She waited for the permission to get in but there was no reply. “Oppa, can I come in?” She asked. There was still no reply. “Are they still sleeping?” She talked to herself. “Oppa, I’m coming now.” She just opened the door.

She came into the room and saw Nickhun and Leeteuk still slept soundly though it was already late. She wondered what these two did last night that they were this tired. However, what made her found was so funny was how they slept. Leeteuk was hugging Nickhun tightly like he was a pillow.

She giggled as she came closer towards Nickhun. “Nickhun, Nickhun…” She shook his body gently.

Nickhun slowly opened his heavy eyes and he looked at Yoona in astonishment. He still seemed sleepy. “H… huh?”

Yoona gave a smile to him. “Good morning.”

“Morning? It’s already morning?” He couldn’t open his eyes properly as he was too sleepy.

“Yes!” She emphasized while chuckling. “In fact, the sun has already risen high in the sky!”

“Oh, really?” He smiled shyly. He tried to get up but he couldn’t and then, he just realized that Leeteuk were hugging him. “Oh!”

“Oppa, oppa! Wake up!”Yoona shook Leeteuk’s body strongly that caused him to wake up immediately.

“Huh? What? What?” Leeteuk looked so confused. Then, he realized that Nickhun was in his arms which he immediately let go and jumped out from the bed. “Yah! You… what are you doing?!”

“Hyung, I didn’t do anything, you’re the one…”

“Don’t lie!”

Yoona interfered as Leeteuk kept accusing Nickhun. “Oppa, you are the one who hugged him! Don’t blame others when you made mistake. I saw with my own eyes!” She said while pointing towards her eyes.

Leeteuk got speechless and he just looked in disbelief. Yoona and Nickhun laughed at Leeteuk’s somehow funny reaction.

------------

After having breakfast, Yuri went to a shopping complex after making a promise to someone to meet her at the restaurant. She had a cap on to avoid attracting people’s attention.

She went to the third floor of the shopping complex, where the restaurant located at. She entered the restaurant and turned around, looking for the person that she had promised to meet.

Then, she was aware of someone that was staring at her intensely but it wasn’t the person that she was supposed to meet, however he looked familiar. “Oh?” She looked shocked but she looked more than happy. “Oppa!” She smiled widely towards him.

“Yuri?” Siwon still looked unsure since Yuri wore a cap, so he couldn’t see her face properly. She came towards him in rush as she was too happy to see him and she took a seat in front of him. “It’s really you.” He finally confirmed her and smiled.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?”

“Tiffany wants to see me here. So…”

“Oh, Tiffany? Me too, she suddenly sent me a message this morning to see me here. Why did she do that?”

As they were talking, Siwon realized of Tiffany’s appearance in the restaurant. “Here!” He raised his hand up to grab Tiffany’s attention.

As soon as she was aware of him, she slightly ran towards him in excitement as she showed her eye-smile. She arrived in front of the table and saw Yuri who wore a cap, sitting in front of Siwon that she didn’t recognize. “Oh, who is this?”

Yuri looked at Tiffany, showing her face. “Hey, it’s me!”

“Oh! Why are you wearing like this?”

“Well, I’m famous already!” Yuri laughed as she moved aside to give the seat facing Siwon to her. Tiffany gladly took the seat. “Anyways, why are you inviting me too when you were going on a date with Siwon oppa?”

“Oh? Date?” Tiffany took a look at Siwon while smiling shyly. “Well, it can be considered a date but I thought that you never spend much time with him, right? Since you are so busy…” Siwon stared at Tiffany who was talking to Yuri, while smiling happily. He was so happy that she was a very considerate person.

“It’s okay. I can find another time but I just feel so weird and uneasy to be a third person in your date.”

“Don’t worry about that since I also want to ask help from you.” Tiffany replied.

“Huh? Help? What is it?”

“Honestly, I had promised to Siwon that I will buy clothes for him.”

“Huh? Really?!” Yuri looked at Siwon as she smiled widely.

Siwon nodded. “You have seen how I wear every day, right?”

“Yes. That’s really nice that oppa wants to wear brighter clothes.” She giggled as she was too happy with her brother’s transformation and she was sure Tiffany really played a big role in it.

“That’s why, I want ask for your opinion about clothes that we are going to buy today.” Tiffany added.

“Ok, no problem!”

“Then, before that, I’m going to order first.” Siwon walked away to get their order.

“So, how is it?” Seeing Siwon walking away, Yuri asked Tiffany eagerly.

“What are you talking about?”

“About you and my oppa, of course! Did he treat you well?”

“Huh? Well…” Tiffany didn’t know how to explain it in words. “It’s fine.” Though her explanation was just simple but her wide smile had shown her feelings.

Yuri also smiled widely seeing Tiffany’s reaction. “Are you that happy?”

“No, no…” She immediately denied. Yuri raised her eyebrows. “I mean… no, it’s okay.” She immediately changed topic. “How about you and Minho then?”

“We are just fine. He slowly opened his heart to me. You know what, I never know that he had a suffering childhood that caused him to be a bad person just to cover it up.”

“Oh, is that right? Poor him. Then, you have always need to comfort him, ok?”

“Yes, I always think a way how to let him forget his past.”

A few moments later, Siwon came back with their food and they grabbed their lunch. After finishing their lunch, they went out from the restaurant and went to the man’s clothes section in that big shopping complex.

Yuri spotted a few beautiful pajamas and then, she asked Siwon. “Oppa, what did you wear when you’re sleeping?”

“Hm… nothing special, just a simple shirt and sometimes… shirtless.”

Tiffany’s slightly got widened as she heard Siwon’s answer. She turned around, just to avoid Siwon and Yuri seeing her smile that she couldn’t hide. When she managed to control her smile, she turned back to them. However, Yuri already sensed it and she stared at Tiffany. “Wh… what?” She asked with her expressionless face.

Yuri grinned mischievously. “Do you like it?”

“What are you talking?!” She hit Yuri’s arm but it seemed like she couldn’t hide the excitement as she couldn’t help showing her bright smile. Siwon just smiled happily seeing these two’s interaction.

“Then, oppa, how about this pajama?” Yuri showed him a pajama with cartoon picture on it.

“This?!” Siwon asked as his eyes looked bigger staring at that pajama.

“Why? It looks cute, isn’t it?” Yuri looked at Siwon with expected feeling that he would agree to buy it.

“But, it’s too much… how can I wear it?”

“What’s wrong with it?” Yuri looked at Tiffany asking for her opinion. “It will look good on my brother, right?”

“Y… yes…” Tiffany replied as she looked at Siwon, hoping that he would finally agree.

Siwon was just silent, still being hesitant about buying that pajama. He looked at Yuri and Tiffany who gave him a puppy look that he couldn’t resist. “Alright~” He added with frustrated face.

“Yeah!!!” Yuri and Tiffany gave a hi-5 to each other.

After that, Yuri and Tiffany chose a few shirts, hats, jeans for Siwon to try it on. As they were waiting for Siwon who took his time in the dressing room, they went checking out the clothes in the ladies’ section.

There was a gentle pink one-piece that caught Tiffany’s eyes as usual she always showed a big interest anything with pink colour. “Yuri-ah, Yuri-ah…” She asked Yuri to come near her. “It’s really pretty, isn’t it?”

 

“Yes, why don’t you try it on?”

“It’s okay. We must not stay away from our purpose. We come here to buy clothes for your brother, remember?”

“It’s true, but what’s wrong with buying your cloth too?”

“No, no, it’s okay.”

“Let me ask you something. Have my brother given you anything as a present?”

“Present? Hm…” Tiffany paused to think for a while. “This…” She showed the couple ring that she and Siwon had been wearing since they officially became lovers.

“Didn’t you say that you guys got the couple rings during a competition?”

Tiffany nodded. “So?” She didn’t understand what the connection between all these questions by Yuri was.

“Then, it means that present isn’t directly from him, right?”

Tiffany was silent for a while before she agreed with Yuri. “Yes… it can be considered so… but, still… he gave this ring to me when at first we won this ring, I told him to give it to his girlfriend, so, technically, this is his present.”

“You really don’t understand…” Yuri sighed. “Then, did he give you other present apart from the ring?”

“Hm… this.” Tiffany showed the necklace that Siwon gave during her birthday.

“He gave you as a birthday present, right? So, it’s still not counted.”

Tiffany was really dumbfounded with what Yuri was trying to talk about. “Then, why kind of present that you want?”

“I mean… a simple present after you become lovers… just a present as your girlfriend… it’s not necessarily a beautiful and expensive one… just simple…”

“Hm… I’m not sure… I think no. Why?”

“Then, you should ask my brother to buy this one piece as a present for you.” Yuri spoke out her suggestion.

Tiffany looked very shocked. “Yah, are you crazy?! How can I be the one asking for the present?!”

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Of course it’s wrong especially with our relationship that just started! What will he think of me?!”

Tiffany and Yuri didn’t realize that Siwon who just finished putting on the cloth that he wanted to try, was hearing their conversation. He cleaned his throat to make them aware about his presence.

“Oh, oppa! Have you finished?” They turned around and looked at Siwon in amazement. “Wow, oppa, you look so handsome and cool!” Yuri praised him in excitement. Tiffany couldn’t say anything and she just smiled proudly at her boyfriend.

“Really?”

“Of course!” Yuri showed him a thumb-up.

Siwon turned to look at Tiffany. “How do I look?” He asked for her opinion shyly.

“It’s great!” She replied shortly and only her eye-smile showed more how she felt right now. Siwon replied her smile.

They went to the counter to pay for Siwon’s cloth. As they were queuing up, Siwon suddenly said, “I’ve to go to the toilet for a while. Here, take this.” He gave money for his cloth that they were going to pay.

“It’s okay, oppa. Tiffany and I will pay for it.”

“But… it’s my…”

“It’s okay. This is my first present for oppa. So, just take it, ok?”

“Ok… thanks.” Siwon patted Yuri’s head while smiling before walking away, heading to the nearest toilet.

---------

Yuri and Tiffany had been waiting for 10 minutes for Siwon who still didn’t come back from the toilet. “He really takes a long time in this toilet.” Yuri said while looking around as she tried to find any trace of Siwon’s appearance.

“Is he going to be okay?” Tiffany asked in worry.

“Don’t worry…” Yuri looked at Tiffany while smiling. “…there he is.” She asked Tiffany to see where she was pointing at. Siwon walked towards them. “Oppa, are you okay?”

“I’m okay.” He smiled to show that he was really okay. However, it seemed like he was hiding something.

“Why? What happen?” Tiffany asked after Siwon looked quite strange and suspicious.

“Oh? It’s nothing.” He shook his head. However, Yuri and Tiffany still looked at him with suspicious gaze. Finally, he could heave a sigh of relief after Tiffany’s cell phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?” Tiffany picked up the call. “I’m going out right now. Why?” She paused for a while, waiting for the caller to talk before she replied. “Oh, really? Alright… I’ll be there soon.” She ended the call.

“Why? Anything’s happened?” Yuri asked.

“Actually, I have to go home now. My dad just arrived in Korea and he wants to have a dinner with me and my mother. So…”

“Then, you really should go home. It’s okay.” Siwon replied while giving a small smile.

“Do you want me to accompany you going home?” Yuri suggested.

“Oh, it’s okay. My mother has sent the butler to take me.”

“Ok, then… you should go now.”

“Alright, I’m off…” She looked at Siwon before walking away.

“Hm…” Siwon looked hesitant before finally, he called for her. “Tiffany.”

Tiffany stopped walking abruptly. She turned around. “Yes!” She unconsciously replied in high tone as she was very excited and nervous when he suddenly called for her.

He approached her slowly. Yuri just followed him while smiling excitedly what her brother was going to do. He looked embarrassed in front of Tiffany as he kept rubbing his neck nervously and he couldn’t even dare to have eye-contact with her, his eyes just fixed on the floor.

Tiffany waited and stared at him with her pounding heart and a nervous smile on her face. She smiled widely when she saw his reaction. “Here.” He gave her a shopping bag that contained something inside it with a shy smile on his face.

“What is this?” She looked quite shocked but happy with the thing that he gave which she assumed that it was his present.

“Oh!” Yuri was the one that gave the big reaction to this current situation. She looked extremely excited that she started jumping around unconsciously as she observed them.

“You can see it.”

Tiffany took out the thing that in the shopping bag and she couldn’t help being nervous and excited for what she would see. “Oh!” She suddenly grinned widely as she checked out the thing in her hand excitedly.

“What?! This one piece… it’s the one that we were talking about earlier, isn’t it?! It’s the one that you really like, isn’t it?!” Yuri asked Tiffany excitedly.

Tiffany just managed to give a nod with a wide smile for every question that Yuri asked her. “But… ho… how did you…” She couldn’t even ask properly to Siwon as she really didn’t expect that he would do this.

“I just bought it since you like it very much.” Siwon said bashfully.

As Tiffany was too happy to receive that kind of treatment from someone especially the one that she never expected of, she just jumped into Siwon’s embrace and gave him a hug, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Thank you so much, thank you so much!”

“Oh…” Siwon blinked his widened eyes faster as he looked very shocked with Tiffany’s sudden hug. However, he was very happy and he unconsciously hugged her back.

“Yeah~” Yuri seemed more than happy for them.

Tiffany suddenly widened her eyes and her smile abruptly disappeared from her face. She immediately let go of Siwon. She took a few steps backwards. “I… I’m… I’m sorry…” She bowed her head in bashfulness. Siwon just smiled widely when he saw her being cute like that.

“Aigoo, what is there to be sorry when you hugged your boyfriend?” Yuri gently hit Tiffany’s arm.

“I’m really happy actually when you did that.” Siwon suddenly added to Tiffany. Tiffany lifted her head up and obviously shocked expression could be seen on her face before she giggled, showing her wide eye-smile.

“Then, I’m off first. My butler might be looking for me now.”

“Ok, bye, Fany-ah!” Yuri and Siwon waved their hand in the air. After Tiffany disappeared from their sight, Yuri turned her body towards Siwon and smiling proudly to him. “Good job, oppa!” She patted his shoulder. “But, how did you know?”

“I heard your conversation with her. Did I do great? Do you think she will be really happy with it?”

“Of course! She will be happy to death!” Siwon smiled widely after hearing what Yuri said. “Oppa, let’s go eat dinner. I feel really hungry.”

“Already?!” Siwon asked in disbelief.

“Hm…” Yuri nodded while pouting her lips cutely. “Oppa, do you know? Your dongsaeng really eat a lot!”

“Oh, really? Then, we should hurry up eating. Otherwise, I’ll be eaten by my dongsaeng!” Siwon joked.

“Oh!” Yuri looked at Siwon in disbelief and shock but her jaw slightly dropped as she smiled too wide. “I don’t know my oppa can joke too!”

Siwon just gave a chuckle to her reaction of his joke. “Let’s go!” Yuri held onto his arm as they headed to the restaurant.

---------

Yuri ate hungrily the food in front of her like she had been starving for a day. Siwon looked quite shocked but he smiled as he could see that her long-lost sister had grown prettily and healthily. “Is the food is that delicious?” He asked her.

“Yes, it’s really!” She replied like a little kid.

After they finished eating, they drank the juice as they had their long conversation after a long time, about 15 years.

Yuri checked out again the clothes that she just bought for her brother. “Among on these clothes, I really can’t wait to see oppa wear this pajama at night.”

Siwon chuckled when Yuri said that. Then, his smile suddenly disappeared as it seemed like he was thinking there might be another deep meaning behind Yuri’s words. “Do you want to live with me?”

Yuri looked at Siwon with widened eyes. “Can I?”

“Of course. Since the first time I started searching for you, it has been my dream to live with my family.”

“But… right now, I’m in the contract, I have to stay at that villa.”

“So, after that show end, can you stay with me?”

“Yes!” Yuri replied with a twinkle in her eyes. “But… before that, I have to discuss with Yoona first.”

“Yoona?”

“Yes, I have been living with her since I was kid. So, there might be something that we have to discuss.”

“Oh, really? You have been friends with her since kid?”

“I went to the same kindergarten with her which I first met her there. We became best friends and Yoona’s parents brought me to their home. That was the time when I left the orphanage. Since then, I have been living at their house until two years ago, Yoona and I moved to another house.”

“So, Yoona’s parents who took care of you? They raised you up?”

“Yes. They are really good to me. They treated me like their own daughter or maybe like Yoona’s twin?” She chuckled before adding. “Doesn’t oppa think Yoona and I look alike?”

“Yes, you guys really did. At first, I was shocked when I first came to know you and seeing you with Yoona is really fascinating!”

“I also wonder how we can look similar when we don’t even have family relationship.” Yuri added while smiling. “Oh, yes. Leeteuk oppa also treat me like his own dongsaeng. It’s really fascinating, isn’t it? Oppa and Leeteuk oppa are best friends and you both have dongsaeng who are also best friends.”

Siwon nodded while smiling. “I should pay visit to Im family soon. I have to be thankful to them for taking care of you.”

“Ok, we both will go there next time.”

Siwon put his hand on Yuri’s hand and held it. “Thank you so much.”

“Huh?” Yuri looked at Siwon in astonishment.

“For growing up prettily even without me.” Yuri smiled. “At least, I can face our parents later…”

Yuri looked shocked. “Oppa, why did you say that?! You are like someone who is going to leave…”

“No… I’m just thankful…”

“Oppa, don’t leave me again.” Yuri looked at Siwon with her teary eyes. Just suddenly, she felt so sad and worried with Siwon’s words.

Siwon looked very shocked with Yuri’s sudden change of emotion. “No, no. I’m just too thankful that you are still fine and I can see you in front of me now. That’s all, I promise I won’t leave you again, ok?”

“You better keep your promise!” Yuri wiped her tears and immediately showed a grin to relieve her brother.

“Alright!” Siwon agreed as he nodded.

“Em… oppa…” She was silent for a while as she was unsure on how to start it. Siwon paid his attention to her. “Actually, I have been curious about this for a long time… can I ask about it?”

“Yes, sure. Just ask it.”

“How did our parents die? I mean…the people in the orphanage just told me that they were involved in an accident… is that truth? And, I don’t understand… how can we be separated? What actually happened in the past?”

Siwon couldn’t help but being slightly shocked with all these questions by Yuri but he already expected that one day, when he met her again, he had to tell everything to her, a painful past for both him and her. And, he thought it was the suitable time to tell her and she was already a grown-up person and she had the right to know. “Alright, I think the time to tell you everything has shown up.”

“What actually happened?” Yuri looked at Siwon with full of curiosity and at the same time, she was very nervous of what might be she heard of.

“Truthfully, our parents were murdered.” Siwon said calmly as he also hoped Yuri could accept it calmly.

“WHAT?!!” She asked in disbelief. “But… b… but, how… how can that actually happen?” She seemed so shocked that she almost lost her words. Siwon could see again the tears started forming in her eyes.

Siwon got up and he changed his seat to sit beside her. “Calm down.” He comforted her by her hair.

“But, oppa… how can that happen?” She looked at Siwon with her teary eyes with the hope that Siwon would explain to her the truth without hiding anything.

“On that night… we, our parents and I were on the way to go home. Suddenly, we heard the sound of shooting that dad decided to stop the car. He came out from the car to check what happen and then suddenly, I heard the sound of shooting again and then… I saw dad was shot by someone… mom come out and poured out her frustration towards that person and as they struggled, that person released another shot and it hit exactly towards mom. I saw them exactly died in front of me.”

Yuri’s tears continuously fell as she heard the story about her parents’ death from Siwon. “What happened after that, oppa? How can you be saved?”

“Honestly, I couldn’t remember all these memories due to shock and trauma and this thing has been haunting me since then. I always had nightmare. That’s why, you can see this side of mine, dull and serious person…”

Yuri never thought that Siwon was in the same situation with Minho. “Then, how do you feel now? Oppa is really fine, right?”

“Honestly, since I met you, my heart feel peaceful and slowly with your presence, it had changed me a lot.”

“It’s also because of Tiffany, right?” Yuri smiled as she wiped the tears in her eyes. “She had helped you a lot, isn’t it?”

Siwon nodded. “Yes, since I knew her, I started to appreciate more my life. But, I also had started remembering about that thing.”

“You remember?”

“Yes, it’s vague but I can still remember it. After I saw our parents got shot, I couldn’t accept it and fainted. After that, I don’t know what really happened since I was unconscious. I only remember I wake up in the hospital and then, I ran away from there, I went to the location where our parents were murdered as I still didn’t believe what just happened. It’s just too painful…” Siwon was silent.

Yuri looked at her brother whose eyes also looked teary. “Oppa, are you okay?” She held his hand as she looked at him with concerned face.

“Yes, I’m okay.” He forced a smile.

“After that, I tried to find you at our house but… you’re already gone. I think someone has might send you to the orphanage on that time. From that time, I tried my best to look for you with every clue that I got.”

“Oppa, do you maybe know who is the killer? Have you found it out?” Siwon took something from his pocket and it turned out it was a necklace and he gave it to Yuri. “What is this?”

“After I ran away from the hospital, I found this necklace at the location where our parents got killed. I think the killer dropped it when he struggled with mom.”

Yuri stared at the necklace with serious face. She did look very angry by the sight of just a thing from the person who had killed her parents. “Is this the only clue you get? So, the killer is still unknown?”

Yuri looked at Siwon with her determined face. Siwon replied her stare as he looked unsure and hesitant to tell the truth to Yuri.

[Siwon’s flashback]

A little Siwon was lying down on the bed in the ward. His face looked pale and weak. He slowly opened his eyes after he regained his consciousness. His head felt quite hurt as he looked around, wondering where he was right now.

“Mom… dad…” He called softly as he felt quite weak. However, there was no one around him that suddenly made him felt very worried and afraid. Then, he saw a nurse passed by which gave him the clue where he was right now. “What I’m doing here in hospital?” He mumbled.

And, then he managed to recall what had happened just before he lost his consciousness. He could hear the sound of shooting and the scene of his parents got shot was being replayed in his minds.

“No… no… it must be a dream… it’s not real… it’s just a dream!” He tried to convince himself as he held his head that felt hurt.

He immediately got down from the bed and opened the door of the ward before came out. He walked away slowly, he tried his best to find any trace of his parents. He still didn’t believe that his parents were dead.

As he walked, he suddenly saw a man was sitting on the chair not too far from him. Seeing his face, he couldn’t recognize him but he looked very familiar. His figure and his cloth gave him the clue that the incident which he thought was a dream, was actually the reality. He was the killer! Being so scared and shocked, Siwon hid behind the wall and he eavesdropped the conversation between the nurse and that guy.

“Excuse me, sir. Can I know your name?”

“My name is Choi Yun Gyeom.” The nurse noted down the name of the person who brought a pair of husband and wife who got shot together with their son to the hospital. The husband was already dead but his wife was still alive but she was in the severe situation meanwhile their son was unconscious. “How about that woman, Mrs. Kwon?”

“I’m sorry. We have tried our best to save but she lost too much blood. We couldn’t do anything.” The nurse explained.

Siwon who heard the conversation, shed tears. “Mom…” He couldn’t believe that both of his dad and mom had left him alone.

Mr. Choi got speechless after hearing the wife also was dead. He looked very shocked as he still couldn’t believe how this situation could happen in just a blink of an eye, it’s just too quick. “Then… then, how about the son?”

“I just check his condition a couple minutes ago and he’s fine, he doesn’t have any injury. He is just unconscious due to the shock.”

“Ah, ok. Thank you.” He hove a relief sigh, at the very least, their son was safe.

“So, what should we do about Mr. and Mrs. Kwon? Does sir want to carry out a further investigation about this case?”

Mr. Choi was silent as he thought about it. Then, he finally said after taking a deep breath, “No, it’s okay. They were killed by the criminal, there’s nothing to investigate more.”

“Yes, sir.” The nurse walked away.

Siwon couldn’t believe that this person who killed his parents, he lied and had put aside his responsibility to bear the guilty for killing them. He clenched his fists in anger and his eyes looked burning with anger. He ran away from the hospital. He thought it was better to stay away and hide from that killer for the time being. He didn’t know what that killer might do to him just to make sure his secret of killing persons won’t be exposed. One day, he might take a revenge for his parents.

Unconsciously, as he walked without any intention and with his minds filled about the death of his parents, he arrived at the location where the shooting happened. He eventually burst into tears again as he couldn’t accept this incident. He was only an 8 years old kids who still needed his parents’ love and not to mention, he saw them being killed right in front of his eyes.

He squatted down when he saw the blood on the road, at where his dad was shot. He touched it and the blood was still wet. “Mom… dad…” He kept calling for them and he couldn’t help to hope that one of them might showed up in front of him now, telling this was just a nightmare.

And, then, he saw a shiny silver thing not too far from there. He approached it to take a look and it was a necklace.

[End of flashback]

Yuri shook Siwon’s shoulder as he looked like thinking about something. “Oppa, what is it? Don’t tell me… you know the killer?!”

“Huh?” Siwon looked slightly shocked. “No… no… I don’t know.” He lied.

“Then, how about his name? Oppa still didn’t find out about that?”

“No… not… not yet, the only connection to him that I get is… this necklace.”

“Oh, is that right?” Yuri looked disappointed and at the same time, she was very angry that the killer still didn’t accept what he really deserved.

Siwon just stared at Yuri silently. He did feel sorry for hiding the truth from Yuri but he thought it wasn’t the suitable time to tell her the whole truth, it’s enough for her to know this much. He was worried that if he told the whole truth, another problem might arise as for right now, she still needed to be close with Minho. After the show ended, when she won’t meet Minho again, on that time, he would tell her everything.

“Oppa…” Yuri looked back at Siwon. “Do you happen to have a photo of mom and dad? Honestly, I don’t really remember how they looked like.”

Siwon understood about that since they left her when she was still little. He took out another thing from his pocket and gave it to Yuri. “Here. I managed to take it at our house when I looked for you.”

Yuri saw in the photo, a pair of husband and wife who was sitting on the sofa and in front of them a 4 years-old boy with a broad playful grin on his face was hugging a little tiny baby in his arm. She stared attentively at every part of the photo, a few persons in the photo that used to be a happy and blessed family, a family that she had been dreaming of.

“Is this mom and dad?” She asked Siwon as she pointed at the pair of husband and wife in the photo. Siwon gave her a nod while smiling. Like she expected, they were really her parents. Though she never remember how they looked like, she could recognize them by the familiar and warm vibe that they gave from their smile. “And, then… it’s me?” Yuri pointed at the baby in the photo.

“Yes, you’re so tiny at that time.” Siwon said while chuckling.

“And, this oppa… who was hugging me.” She added while smiling. She stared intently at that photo. She really wanted to keep this memories in her heart, how her parents look like and how she’s used to have a happy family. And, then, suddenly, she broke into tears again. She still couldn’t believe that her parents could be killed which made her felt so hurt that all these times, she thought they were involved in the accident. How could there be such a cruel person to kill them?

“What happened? Are you okay?” Siwon looked very shocked with Yuri’s sudden cry.

“I’m so sad that I’m unable to be with them for a long time and to know the fact that they got killed instead of being involved in the accident… it’s just painful… how can they…?” She started to sob as she couldn’t control her tears that kept flowing to her cheeks.

Siwon pulled her into his embrace to calm her down. “It’s okay… it’s okay…” He her hair gently as he comforted her. “Everything will be better from now on. Don’t worry, now I have found you, I will always be by your side.”

“Oppa, you can’t leave me again.” She said as she sobbed in his embrace.

“Yes, of course, I’ll always be there for you.”

---------

Nickhun went into the villa after he had finished his schedule in the night. He yawned as he looked extremely tired. He was about to go into his room but stopped when he saw Minho suddenly came out from his room. Minho finished his schedule an hour earlier than Nickhun.

“Oh, where are you going in the night?” Nickhun asked him.

“Oh? Just… I just want some fresh air.”

Nickhun realized that Minho looked somewhat pale and weak. “Are you okay? You don’t look too fine.”

“I’m okay. I just feel a bit tired.” Minho showed his smile to hide what exactly he felt. “Then, I’m off.”

“Ok.” Nickhun couldn’t ask more as Minho already denied it.

Minho came out from the villa and he sat down at the bench who was located under a shady tree. He looked quite miserable. It seemed like he had the same nightmare again. He took a deep breath.

Like Yuri advised him, he tried to stay in the nature to calm his minds. She was right, he started to gain the peacefulness in his heart back. He leaned against the chair and lifted his head, stared at the sky. The twinkling stars in the sky looked so beautiful and at the same time, created a peaceful atmosphere.

As he enjoyed a beautiful moment of the sky, he suddenly shouted out of shock when suddenly a person popped her face right above his face. “WOAH!!!”