Chapter 3.

The Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thank you so much for subbing, upvoting and commenting! You are awesome! :)
Here's an update for you!

 

 

 

 

 

       "You're so pale", the voice spoke again, softly whispering. "Are you sick?" the stranger added and trailed his fingers up to Donghae's forehead, brushing his bangs away.

Donghae shivered as he felt the digits gently pressing themselves against his skin. How long had it been since he had been touched like this? How long had it been since someone had cared about him? Despite his blurry state, it made his heart pound in his chest.

"You're so warm", the man muttered in another whisper, his fingers moving down to Donghae's cheek, gently palming it. "You're running a fever..."

Donghae gasped under the touch but said nothing. He felt so numb, so weak, even talking seemed too hard for him. His head was heavy, throbbing in pain, and the lump in his throat was torturing him every time he tried to swallow his saliva. He had never felt this way before and he wondered if that was being sick.
Donghwa used to be sick once in a while and he wouldn't be able to come and see Donghae in those days. From what his brother had told him about being sick, it felt like it, though he wasn't sure how it could have happened. The only thing he was sure was that it felt awfully painful.

"Where do you live?" the stranger asked after a few seconds, his hand leaving Donghae's face.

Donghae almost whimpered when the warm and gentle fingers withdrew. He ran his tongue over his slightly parted lips and tried to speak again.

"I..." he croaked out weakly, his voice raw and husky, his throat burning. "I don't know."

The other remained silent for a moment but Donghae could feel he was still there, just beside him. He could hear his quiet breathing and feel his eyes on him, silently staring. He pursed his lips and waited, secretly hoping that the stranger wouldn't leave yet.

"I see", the other eventually muttered. "But you can't stay here, you need to eat and to keep warm or else your fever will get worse."

Donghae didn't reply to that. He didn't know what to say. What could he do but wait, either for death or for help? He knew he wouldn't be able to survive alone, without someone to feed him and without a house over his head. But he also knew nobody wanted him, and that it would be for the best if he just died. At least, the plague he was carrying within his eyes would disappear with him.

No. No one wanted him. No one would help. Even his father had abandoned him. Donghwa wasn't alive to protect him anymore. He deserved it. He wouldn't fight his doom. At least he would die happy, because someone had cared about him one last time.

His lips weakly curled into a sad smile as he turned his face on his left, where he knew the guy was still crouched.

"Thank you..." he managed to whisper, wincing at the sensation of needles biting his throat. "... for caring."

He heard the other sigh and shift, and he assumed the stranger was standing up and about to leave. But to his surprise, the other only came to sit beside him.

"What should I do?" he heard him mumble. "I can't leave you like that. You can't stay here."

And then, the fresh fingers were back on his face, running over his forehead, making him shiver and bite his lip. The weight of his body became even heavier and he tilted his head, hanging his face down.

"Should I bring you to the hospital?" the other inquired, but Donghae felt he was just talking to himself and he didn't reply. "Nah, they won't take care of you, those bastards... And it was the full moon last week, hospitals are crowded..."

If he wasn't too tired and weak, Donghae would have asked what was an hospital. But he remained quiet, listening to other's soft voice.
That voice was creating some strange feeling within him. He couldn't understand why or what this voice was doing to him. It soothed him and yet he felt like crying at the same time.

Without really controlling it, his lower lip began to quiver and he frowned, the lump in his throat grew bigger. Behind his closed lids, his eyes became teary. Then, his head started to spin and he unconsciously leaned against the warm body sitting beside him, resting his forehead on the other's shoulder. His breathing turned into short pants and he tensed as he felt the pain in his head increase. A hand came to palm his cheek, patting it, and he heard the stranger's voice talk again. He tried to listen to the words but failed. He felt himself drifting away, like when he would fall asleep, and then he out.
 

 



       When he woke up, he first felt the pain. His whole body was aching and trembling, painfully shivering. His skin was covered with sweat and goos

Please log in to read the full chapter