Chapter 24.

The Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

SURPRISE!!
I'M BACK! I finally graduated! AND I'm on holidays hehehe ;)
To all of you who patiently waited for me and kept supporting me, thank you so much <3 I will start updating again!

This chapter is not very long, but I needed to make a short one just to warm up and get back into the story :)
Hope you enjoy it! (hopefully you didn't forget everything about the story orz)

 

Hyukjae brushed the boy’s fringe away, and Donghae felt that he was slightly trembling as he did so.

“I see you too, now”, Hyukjae whispered, staring straight into his eyes. His lips stretched and curled up, forming a sweet gummy smile. Donghae’s heart jumped at the sight and tingles appeared inside his belly.

A tear ran down his face, rolling across his cheek. “You’re not dying”, he pointed out, not fully believing it yet.

“I’m not dying”, Hyukjae confirmed, and his smile widened. Donghae stared in awe, fingers trailing over the man’s lips.

Hyukjae grabbed Donghae’s hand and pressed it against his mouth, leaving a soft kiss against the boy’s inner palm. He closed his eyes and held Donghae’s hand against his face, taking a deep breath to calm his overwhelmed heart. The cursed boy could only watch him with mesmerized eyes, feeling his heart pound inside his chest.

“To your curse, your true love will survive”, Hyukjae muttered and opened his lids again, giving the boy an intense look.

Donghae blinked and tilted his head, curious and speechless, as he watched Hyukjae slowly lean forward and bend his head to the side. He gasped and shut his eyes when a pair of soft lips brushed against his own thin ones, leaving a short kiss over his mouth, barely more than a caress.

The tingles inside his belly went wild, just like his heartbeats.

“I love you too, Donghae”, Hyukjae breathed out and let his forehead rest against Donghae’s one. “Oh god, I’m so in love with you.”

 

Donghae brought his fingers up to his mouth and let his digits brush over his lips, feeling deeply flustered. There was a strange and unknown sensation lingering on his flesh where Hyukjae's mouth had touched him, like a pleasant tingle, and it made his tummy churn oddly. He had never ever felt like this, never had found himself so overwhelmed, not like this. He had been kissed before of course, on the cheeks or on the forehead, or even on the nose, but never on the mouth; and he didn't really understand why it felt so different, but it definitely did.

Hyukjae looked just as giddy as him, breath hitching quietly. But at the same time his lips were curled up into a tiny smile and his pure black orbs seemed to sparkle like a night sky full of stars, and Donghae could just feel the bliss radiating from him. Even a clueless boy like him could recognize the flame of adoration and fondness igniting Hyukjae soft eyes. It was a feeling he was used to feel when Hyukjae talked or touched him, but being able to see it was all the more affecting Donghae.  

They stared at each other in silence, losing track of time and forgetting about everything else around them. Hyukjae's words were swirling inside Donghae's mind, I love you too Donghae, making the boy's heart pound hard and fast. Donghae himself was very much award of his own feelings for Hyukjae, of the explosive feeling of love and adoration burning inside his veins. At that moment, nothing else mattered, his whole world resolved around Hyukjae and nothing else.

After a moment which seemed to last forever, Hyukjae's eyes flickered down and gazed at Donghae's mouth. Donghae felt his heart make a little jump inside his chest and he held his breath in anticipation. Hyukjae slowly, almost hesitantly, leaned down for the second time. A series of shivers ran down Donghae's body, creating another swirl of tingles inside his guts, when he felt Hyukjae's warm and short breath ghost over his lips. His lids suddenly felt heavy and dropped half shut as he waited with genuine eagerness to feel the other's lips on his again.

But the kiss never came. They both jumped and jerked away from each other when a low, harsh grunt broke the silence, coming from the Hunter lying unconscious on the floor.

"!" Hyukjae cursed in a gasp and promptly moved toward the man.

He cautiously approached and checked the Hunter's condition, before he grabbed him by the shirt and made him roll over until he was lying onto his stomach. Without wasting a second, he undid the man's belt and pulled it off his jeans, before using it to tightly tie the Hunter's wrists in his back.

Donghae could only stare, eyes wide with fear, and feel dread flooding back into his veins at the sight of the man who had tried to capture him, and who would have succeeded if Hyukjae hadn't stopped him. He could only stare in silence as Hyukjae grabbed the Hunter by the feet and proceeded to drag him across the apartment. Donghae immediately followed the elder, pattering after him like a lost puppy.

He was scared that the Hunter would wake up anytime soon and he didn't dare to even glance at the unconscious man's face. Instead, the cursed boy couldn't help but keep his eyes fixed on Hyukjae. It was a reassuring sight, and an enchanting one at the same time. It felt as if he was mesmerized by Hyukjae's every gesture, by every details making Hyukjae the man he was. He couldn't avert his eyes from the elder's face and he left staring in awe, unconsciously chewing on his bottom lip where the sensation of their previous kiss still lingered.

Yet the man's grunt had been enough to break the strange atmosphere between Donghae and Hyukjae and to bring them back to reality. Donghae felt dizzy again, just thinking about Kyuhyun being taken away by the Hunters and of the dangers he was facing alone.

"They took Kyu", he whimpered, looking at Hyukjae with desperate eyes.

The elder dropped the unconscious man onto the kitchen floor and turned towards Donghae, brows furrowed. His gaze flickered towards the living-room, where the furnitures had been flipped all over the floor, most of them broken, leaving signs that there had been a fight just moments earlier. Then, he looked back at Donghae and they shared a look filled with worry and fright.

"I need to call Heechul and Sungmin", Hyukjae said in a hushed tone. He leaned down and grabbed the Hunter. He pulled the man up and asked help from Donghae to get him seated on one of the kitchen chairs. Donghae reluctantly approached and helped Hyukjae by holding the man's shoulders. Together, they placed the man on the chair and Donghae held him on place while Hyukjae used some wires to tie him down to the chair.

"J-Just... Just let me get my phone, alright?" Hyukjae muttered once they were done with the unconscious man.

Donghae gulped and nodded, holding back a whimper when Hyukjae squeezed his hand before rushing out of the kitchen. A couple seconds later, the front door was slammed shut and the locks clicked as Hyukjae secured them inside the apartment.
Donghae jumped when the Hunter's head rolled to the side.

"Hyukkie", he called, voice trembling.

"Yes, I'm here", Hyukjae answered right away, entering the kitchen with his cellphone in his hand.

"He moved", Donghae informed him in a breath. "His head..."

The look on Hyukjae's face clearly showed that the young man wasn't ready to deal with the Hunter either.

"I-I'll call Heechul now", he stammered nervously, quickly dialing on his phone.

Donghae automatically stepped closer and pressed himself against Hyukjae, arms circling the elder's slim waist and fingers clawing at his clothes, seeking for comfort and safety. He pressed his face against Hyukjae's shoulders, feeling with delight the other's arm sneak around him and his free hand reach up for his head, fingers digging into his hair. Donghae closed his eyes and was reassured to find back the familiar darkness he was used to.

"Hyung!", Hyukjae spoke over the phone. "No, I just came back home, but we have a problem!"

Donghae tightened his grip on Hyukjae as he listened to the elder quickly explaining the situation to Heechul.
He wanted to cry, but the hand his hair was soothing enough for him not to burst into tears.

"Heechul is coming", Hyukjae muttered into Donghae's ear once he hung up, holding the younger against him protectively. "He's bringing Sungmin with him. We'll find a solution."

Donghae breathed out, letting himself melt into the comforting embrace. Then, he tensed when another grunting sound came from the Hunter.

"Donghae", Hyukjae warily whispered. "Don't be scared, it'll be alright. J-Just don't look at him, okay?"

Please log in to read the full chapter