Chapter 20.

The Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello guysss~
New update! I tried not to make you wait too long (but I'm in my exams period so I don't have much time to write, sadly, please be patient with me~ :D)
Here's the 20th chapter! Thank you for all the support and love you gave to the previous chapter (even if you cursed at me hahaha), it made me really happy and motivated to keep writing! <3
This chapter is maybe not what you were expecting but I hope you'll like it none the less ;)
 

Sorry for all the typos and mistakes... (One day I'll proof-read this whole story all over again)

 

 

 

 

“Be a good girl, baby dog”, Kyuhyun mumbled.

He tried to ignore Choco’s little on his toes as he swiftly pulled his sweater over his head and arms. He grimaced as the cloth brushed against the scratches and bruises marring his skin, but he endured the unpleasant sensation and proceeded to grab a pair of socks that he quickly put on.

“Here, here”, he cooed and picked up the tiny dog from the floor, unable to resist its cute puppy eyes even in his haste. He barely petted it though, just for a couple seconds, before he placed it on the bed. “I’ll be back soon to play with you.”

The dog barked in approval, but it didn’t manage to lift up Kyuhyun’s mood this time. A deep frown was plastered on his face, eyebrows kitted together and lips tightly pursed, forming a worried expression. His heart was pumping harshly in his chest, beating furiously as adrenaline rushed through his veins and his mind was swimming with so many thoughts, so many hopes and fears at the same time, that he couldn’t think properly.
He needed to calm down.

Wasting no time, he rushed out of the bedroom, not registering as the door didn’t completely click shut when he closed it. He glanced in direction of the bathroom, wondering if he should go and check on Donghae one last time, but another glance to the clock made his heart thump. He ran to the front door and jumped into his shoes. He tore his jacket from where it was hanging and quickly opened the front door, before he stepped outside, his jacket still in his hands.

“Hae, I’m going now!” he shouted before he slammed the door shut and used the spare key to lock it. Hyukjae had his own key, in case he wouldn’t be back before the elder.

He rushed to the stairs, slipping into his jacket as he ran down the small steps. He brought his hands to his jeans and felt his back pocket, making sure he didn’t forget his phone in his hurry. It was there, safely tucked inside his pocket, but Kyuhyun still had the nasty impression he had forgotten something. The sensation made him uneasy but he managed to brush it off.

Once out of the building and in the streets, he headed straight to the subway. The night had freshly fallen, it was around 5pm, and the streets were crowded with people going home after work, doing some shopping or simply hanging out.

Kyuhyun placed his hood over his head, letting his black hair fall over his eyes as he purposely tried to hide his face. He needed to stay unnoticed, unseen, and above all untracked.

His gaze was sharp and wary as he scanned his surroundings and made his way through the crowd, carefully checking that he wasn’t followed. The last thing he needed now was to be spotted by Hunters. A witch had appeared in Seoul about ten days before, causing a disastrous series of curses and deaths, and the Hunters were patrolling like madmen, trying to capture any cursed one straying out in the streets.

But Kyuhyun was cautious and he knew how to avoid being noticed. He had done this numerous times, after all. He just had to keep a low profile and stay on his guards, especially with the full moon approaching and the beast inside of him trying to take control.

The boy grimaced at the thought.
He could feel his soul slowly dying, being painfully eaten up by the monster inside of him. The last pieces of his humanity were slowly crumbling down, a little more every day, making his body weak and his mind fragile. He was exhausted from fighting the fevers and the monster’s instincts. The dark circles under his eyes were the proof of it, and the scars ruining his soft skin were the obvious result of his struggle against his curse. And while the beast’s power kept growing, his human soul only kept fading. He knew he could collapse any time now.

As he approached the subway station, his thoughts went to Sungmin and a strong lump appeared down his throat.
He missed his lover so much. He could feel his heart dying a little more each hour spent away from the man he loved. He knew he needed Sungmin, he knew he would never be able to fight his curse without the elder by his side. He wished he could just go back home and take his boyfriend in his arms and hug and kiss and make love to him forever. But he couldn’t.
Sungmin was probably crying because Kyuhyun kept rejecting him, kept telling him not to come and visit him, kept threatening him about breaking up if he dared show up at Hyukjae’s flat.

The cursed male felt guilty about it, knowing the distress he was causing to his beloved one.  But what could he do? In his state, he would only hurt Sungmin more, both physically and mentally. Sungmin needed a break, he needed to rest and recover, he needed to let go of Kyuhyun.
Because Kyuhyun knew he would not make it much longer. With luck, he’d be able to pass this full moon and not succumb to the beast. But he could feel that he wouldn’t make it to the following moon. Sungmin would have to let him go anyway.

His only hope was to break his curse before the curse broke him. It was his only way back to his lover.

Everybody told him he couldn’t make it and that curses couldn’t be undone, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t give up so easily. He wasn’t one to give up so fast. He was a fighter. For months, he had researched on everything related to curses, magic and witches, and there were clues that spells could be altered. Even if those were only clues, he refused to give up just yet.

The White Sorcerer was one of the few magicians who didn’t turn to dark magic. Kyuhyun had discovered that he was one of the most powerful magicians in the world. But the man had to hide, to keep a low profile, because just like any magical creatures, he was hunted down. Hunters were after him, of course, but also witches and dark sorcerers. The man had too many enemies for his own safety.

When Kyuhyun had caught the rumour that the White Sorcerer was in Korea, in Seoul, he had looked everywhere for him, contacted anyone who had possible information about the man’s location. He had hunted him down for weeks. Until, finally, he had received this phone call from one of his informers telling him that he had found the magician.

Kyuhyun could only run to the address he had been given and pray that none of this was a trap. He knew he had to stay on his guard and not trust that Seungri guy, who was in just for the money and who could betray him faster than a blink of the eye, but he couldn’t miss this opportunity either. If there was a chance that Seungri brought him to Leeteuk, he had to take the risk.

It took him about twenty minutes before he found himself in front a small convenient store. He refrained from glancing around, to check if anyone was looking at him, and simply entered inside the shop casually. He made a hand gesture to the cashier, who nodded in response, and then headed to back of the shop. There, he went straight to a small door and opened it, ignoring the words ‘staff only’. He entered the restricted area and quickly moved forward, his feet bringing him to the small staircase at the bottom of the corridor.

He was about to climb on the first step, when a door flew open behind him. He spun around abruptly, body tensing, a animalistic growl rumbling inside his chest.

“Easy”, Seungri sneered as he came out of the room, a smirk tugging on his lips. “No need to show me your fangs little wolf.”

As usual, Seungri looked cocky and had a glint of mischief flickering inside his dark eyes. Kyuhyun snarled and felt his face contort itself in anger. The smirk on Seungri’s face faded for a second, but the man was quick to pull back his poker-face.

“Where’s the White Sorcerer?”, Kyuhyun’s voice came out low and threatening. But if he was impressed, Seungri didn’t show it.

“Where’s my money?” he said instead.

“You’ll see you money when I see Leeteuk.”

The silence fell and the two men stared at each other for a moment, a suffocating tension filling the air between them. Eventually, Seungri gave in and sighed, probably aware that he wouldn’t win against the stubborn werewolf boy. He smiled handsomely and bowed playfully.

“Very well”, he chirped. “I’ll bring you to him. But that will double the price.”

“Deal”, Kyuhyun grunted, glaring at the man in front of him.

Seungri’s smile widened, making him look handsome but very annoying at the same time. He gestured to Kyuhyun to follow him before he turned around and walked away. Kyuhyun promptly followed the man, without any hesitation. They walked through the corridor, but instead of taking the same door Kyuhyun had used to come in, Seungri lead him to another one. It was a

Please log in to read the full chapter