Chapter 12.

The Curse
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update, update~! ;D




          The following day, they stayed at home and simply hanged around the flat without doing much. Hyukjae used a couple hours of his day off to clean the apartment. With all the things that had happened since he had brought Donghae home, his weekly session of housework had been negleted. Donghae followed him everywhere, not wanting to be left alone on the couch, but the man didn't seem to mind. He even gave some simple tasks for the boy to do, like cleaning the table or drying the washed dishes, and Donghae was glad to feel somehow useful.

They ate and took a nap, then they listened to their Harry Potter audio book for a while. Hyukjae tried to turn on the television too and switched on a romantic movie, but Donghae got too confused as he couldn't visualize what was going on on the screen and Hyukjae had a hard time describing it to him. They kept it to the audio story telling.  

 

          The next day, and the days which followed, they woke up in the morning, nearly at the same time, sharing the same bed again with their limbs all entangled. Donghae didn't even have to ask for the other to stay with him anymore, it became an habit.
They always ate breakfast together, until Hyukjae would leave for work and come back in the evening, with Donghae waiting for him to have dinner. They would spend the evening together, with Heechul tagging along sometimes. Hyukjae would spend some time taking care of his dog, and then they would go to bed.

Donghae was getting accustomed to Hyukjae's schedule and before he realized it his body began to follow the man's rythm of life. Hyukjae always seemed worried that he wasn't getting enough sleep, that being up all day long was too tiring for the boy. But Donghae had never felt so good in his life, both physically and mentally.

He progressively learned how to walk around in the flat by himself. After a week, he could freely move from a room to another. He also began to shower without help, though he would still ask Hyukjae to keep him company in the bathroom while he bathed, because being alone in the room still made him lonely. He learned to go to the toilets alone, to choose the clothes he wanted to wear, to go and open the door for his Hyungs when they were ringing at the door. He still needed someone to cook for him and there were yet so many things out of his reach, but he had never been so much independant before meeting Hyukjae.

Not being locked in a confined space and having the chance to freely move was a good exercice for his body. His muscles became stronger within a couple weeks, and the weakness of his body progressively faded. Having someone to talk to, someone taking care of him non stop, brought back some spirit into his fragile soul.
He was eating a lot more too, and not sleeping so much that it left him all numb. He knew when was day or night, which day of the week it was. Hyukjae even bought him an electronic wrist watch, he only had to press on a button and the item would tell him the time. Donghae now knew that Hyukjae always came back from work around 7pm.
His life wasn't a timeless pit of darkness anymore.

Hyukjae also made sure that the cursed boy was never left alone. Either Heechul or Sungmin came to keep him company, when Hyukjae couldn't take care of Donghae himself. Most of the time, it was Heechul, since the man had a lot of free time and only worked part-time, but Sungmin came a lot too. Donghae soon came to like both men a lot. They always let him cling onto them and never seemed annoyed to spend time with him.  

He still liked Hyukjae the best, though. The man rarely initiated the skinship or the hugs but he always embraced the boy whenever Donghae wanted to cuddle. And that happened a lot, as Donghae couldn't quite control himself. It was like a compulsive need. He loved to snuggle against the elder, to cling onto him and feel the protective and gentle arms wrapping themselves around him, slender fingers playing with his hair, and the man's warm presence by his side. It made him feel safe, more than it felt with Heechul or Sungmin.
He knew he wouldn't be able to go without Hyukjae anymore. The elder was like a lifeline preventing him from drowning.
And, much to his satisfaction, a genuine yet strong affection quickly bloomed between the two of them and the cuddling became natural. Just as much familiar as Hyukjae calling him Hae, and Donghae calling the man Hyukkie.

Donghae could handle not being with Hyukjae during the day. He had Heechul or Sungmin with him. Not that he was was bored with them, but he would always find himself longing for the moment Hyukjae would come back. Heechul often laughed at it, without mockery, saying that Donghae looked like a cute puppy waiting for its master to come home.

Yet, Donghae was busy enough not to be bored during the day. Hyukjae, Heechul and Sungmin tried different methods to teach him things about their 'world' and Donghae learned a lot. He couldn't always understand, because the others males weren't able to explain things from the point of view of  a blind person, and it would be hard for Donghae to envision the things they were talking about. But he was touched to see how hard they tried.

Sungmin started to teach him how to play the guitar, made him listen to different music, read him books and found some tv programs easy for the boy to follow. Donghae was truly grateful for all the efforts the man made for him. Sungmin was still tired most of the time, and Donghae could feel he was sad, despite talking cheerfully. He hadn't asked anything more about Kyuhyun, but his curiosity was secretly growing stronger.

On the other hand, Heechul would be more interested in pampering the boy's body. He liked to comb Donghae's hair, to wash them and use lotions to make them prettier. He had fun applying different creams on Donghae's skin to make it smooth and flawless. He gave him a few massages and taught the younger how to give them too. Hyukjae had been quite nicely surprised when Donghae had showed him his new skills after a tiring day of work.
Heechul also tried to wax the boy's legs once, but it was so painful that it made Donghae cry really bad until Hyukjae came back home. Finding the boy all sobbing, the man had of course gone berserk on his hyung, like a mother bear protecting its cub. Heechul never tried that again.

 

          A couple weeks passed like this and Donghae slowly found himself changing. The weight in his chest was still there, reminding him that he was cursed, that he was a murderer, but it was not as strong at it used to be. His body was healing and so was his heart, soothed by the care he received from the men. Food tasted good again, moving wasn't exhausting anymore, and he had a reason to get up every morning.


"Why are you smiling?" Hyukjae's hushed voice sweetly uttered, pressing the tip of his finger against the corner of the boy's grinning mouth.

The two males were still lying in bed. They would soon have to get up for breakfast, and work in Hyukjae's case, but before that they enjoyed a few minutes of peace in their warm nest. Donghae had himself all pressed against the other, nothing unusual, and he knew their faces were barely a few inches apart because he could feel the hot breath of the elder hit against his chin.

"Sungmin is coming today, right?" Donghae beamed.

"Yeah, since Heechul has to work. Why?"

"He said he would teach me a new song on the guitar today", the boy happily said.

"That's nice", Hyukjae softly commented. "You're getting good, you know? Will you show me that new song when I come home?"

"Yes!", the younger cheered.

"I'm looking forward to it."

Hyukjae's alarm clock then rang. The man whined, making Donghae giggle, and then he turned around to stop the annoying buzzing item. He heaved a deep sigh, obviously experiencing one of those lazy days in which it was hard for him to get out of bed.
Donghae decided to help him a bit.

"Hyukkie, I'm hungry."

"Okay, I'll make you something", the man instantly sat up and exited the bed.

Donghae grinned. The combinaison of Hyukkie and I'm hungry always worked.
The nickname had come naturally, without him thinking too much about it. It rolled out of the boy's mouth nicely and Hyukjae seemed to enjoy having Donghae calling him that, just as much the boy liked to use the endearing pet name.

The cursed boy sneaked out of the warm sheets a minute later and made his way to the kitchen, guiding himself with a hand against the wall. He entered the room where Hyukjae was already re-heating rice and cooking eggs, from what he could smell. He reached out for the table without any difficulties and found a chair for him to sit.

He rubbed his cheek tiredly and yawned soundlessly. Hyukjae chuckled as he placed bowls on the table and his hand came to the top of the boy's head.

"You should sleep a little more if you feel tired, Hae", he softly said. "Sungmin should be here soon, maybe both of you can have a nap..."

"Why is Sungmin Hyung always tired?" the boy asked, pouting a bit.

Hyukjae kept quiet for a few seconds. "He can't sleep much, you know", he eventually answered. "He worries a lot, and Kyuhyun always needs a lot of attention."

"Because of his curse?"

"Yeah, his curse is... a bit like a disease", the elder hesitantly said. "He often has bad fevers and Sungmin needs to stay up all night to take care of it."

"Like you did when I was sick and you brought me here?"

"Yes, exactly. But luckily you healed fast, so it wasn't very tiring for me", Hyukjae patted the boy's shoulder. "You were not a bother, stop thinking like that, okay?"

Donghae nodded and pursed his lips, wondering if he really what that easy to read. Hyukjae was getting good at guessing all the things going through his head.

"Will Kyuhyun come here too?" he inquired next. He still hadn't met the other Cursed One and he was getting ovely curious about him.

"Of course, he will. I'm just upset he hasn't come yet", Hyukjae replied. He stood up and placed all his dishes into the sink to wash them. "Maybe he'll join Sungmin today, who know

Please log in to read the full chapter