Different for Tonight*

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Clad in a black, luxurious suit, Luhan stretched out his hand like a gentleman would to support his lady who was coming out from the car. To match Luhan’s black suit, you were wearing a black elegant dress that complimented Luhan’s outfit. One could say that the two of you looked good together, but luckily no one knew that the two of you wanted each other to disappear in this world.

Luhan smiled sweetly at you, and you wanted to laugh at how fake and forced it looked. You didn’t expect him to be so transparent.

When your arms were finally on his, the two of you smiled as photographers took pictures of the two of you. You were only informed that it was a dinner where photographers would be present when you were in the car. Apparently, it was a banquet dinner and not a simple dinner served on the table.

“This is more like a party, not a dinner,” you mumbled.

“Well, this is how we, rich people, have dinner with other families.” You didn’t know if Luhan was bragging or just stating the truth, but you just shrugged it off anyway.

At the entrance, you could already see the flock of rich kids holding wine glasses and happily chitchatting with each other. You were completely out of place. You knew that you didn’t belong there.

You secretly stared at the girls’ shining jewelries, wondering how many years the amount of those jewelries could feed you and your family. When you saw the foods on the table, instead of getting hungrier, you lost your appetite. Those were foods that no matter how much you and your family work, would never be able to afford. You felt bad that you would eat such foods whereas your family was probably surviving with rice and simple viands.

Your phone vibrated and read the message your mother sent you. She just told you that your sister had been asking for you again. You missed your family so much, but you still had to save money to go home. You didn’t want to ask Luhan or his parents for a fare home.

A poke on your side disturbed your thoughts and you looked at Luhan, lost. “I said mom is calling you. Look.” He pointed at where his mother was standing and indeed, she was calling you. You just nodded at Luhan and left him.

Luhan sighed. If you thought he was transparent, he thought the same about you, too. He was able to read your thoughts now through your actions.

Despite the chatters of the people, he could hear giggles and whispers that somehow annoyed him because it was all about you. He saw how they glanced at you and then whispered to one another. He knew it must be whispers of criticism or insults. Rich heirs and heiress never talk good behind people’s backs.

“I want to introduce you to some of my friends. I think you’re somehow sick of Luhan by now and a girls’ time sounds good, doesn’t it?” Mrs. Lu asked you and you nodded in response while you laughed a bit. “Luhan can be a little bit too much to handle – no – he’s a lot to handle, but I can assure you he’s still a very sweet boy. He’s just mischievous and has a hard time expressing himself. I hope you can be a more patient to Luhan, Sunmi. I and my husband believe that you can change him.” Her since words touched you not only because she believed in you, but also because no matter how much of a trouble Luhan was, they never gave up on him. Their love for him was unconditional, only that Luhan was a brat.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter