Chapter 6

Sengoku Shoujo

Chapter 6: New Servants

 

A/N: Imagawa’s territory was all connected… Suruga bordering Totomi and Totomi bordering Mikawa which borders Owari which is the goal to attack at the moment it seems…



I’m in charge of interrogation and Ishida-sama is just going to be at the side watching. Truthfully, interrogation shouldn’t take place in a somewhat nice room like this nor should a person whose job is mainly like a ninja be the one doing interrogation.

Those girls, somehow, it seems that Ishida-sama has taken a liking to them. Well, the girl that Ishida-sama really seems interested in is the one that is said to look like me. None of that matters at the moment though.

I guess I should get their names down first. “What are your names?”

The cute kicky girl speaks with a sense of suspicion. “Peace, I wouldn’t tell you my real name right now.”

The knit girl introduces her friend and herself. “This here is Nantene and I’m Nanashi.”

My so called look alike smiles a bit awkwardly, “My name’s Komimi.”

Normally, one wouldn’t introduce themselves to suspicious people, so I refrain from doing so and Ishida-sama just gives me a playful smile. I’m getting that this won’t be taking that long

“I think I get the point that you girls aren’t assassins, but what are you then?”

“…Urm… Prisoners?”



Peace PoV

 

“…Urm…Prisoners?”

When the ninja asked her question, Komimi answered somewhat vaguely. True, we are escapees from Prison Hope and technically prisoners to these people. The ninja girl kind of does face palms and the Ishida girl giggles. It makes me smile a bit seeing how peaceful it is now.

“No, I meant something not that…” It doesn’t seem like a ninja would be good with interrogation after all.

“Sorry Miss, but truthfully, we’re kind of from the 20XX Japan.”

‘Miss’ might be a weird way to address her, but if I guessed correctly about the era, it’s ok to act a bit stranger than normal. Normally, it’s hard to say that people in Habu or Mongoose were ever really polite.

“……” She looks at us awkwardly and Ishida giggles a bit.

“Don’t joke around, currently it’s 1559.”

“Eh?” Komimi is like a boke character.

“No way... That’s like… A long time ago...” Nanashi shows this look of disbelief.

Ishida smiles at us, but it looks like amusement. The ninja, she looks like she doesn’t want to do this.

“…Are you girls crazy?” She’s quite blunt about it.

“I doubt it.” I don’t know that well about Komimi, Nantene, or Nanashi, but they seem sane enough. Truthfully, it’s the ninja and the Ishida girl that I find are weird. Unless the tree really was some kind of weird magic portal that isn’t supposed to exist, there’s no way that these girls aren’t weird cosplayers. Then again, cosplayers aren’t as agile as the ninja in most cases.

“Let’s try again, just to make sure, are you working for anyone?”

She presses a short dagger onto my throat, threatening to kill me. I doubt she really needed to kill me though; it’s kind of an interrogation method. Considering the fact that this is supposed to be interrogation, it’s surprising that no violence was really used.

“Peace!”

Nanashi speaks up worriedly. Not so long ago, this happened to me. Last time, it was my mother, now a ninja holding a blade to my throat. I give her a reassuring look, not that it would do anything.

“So, I ask again, who do you work for?” How cold, a ninja should be like that though.

“Why would you threaten Peace like that? We aren’t working for anyone…”

Sometime, people just want to hear the answers they want. A tiny bit of blood drips down my neck, I’m not stupid enough to move, but I wouldn’t want to die just now. It’s a wait and see situation. Komimi looks really scared. Nantene looks worried as well.

“Are you sure?”

“We don’t work for anyone…”

After a minute or so of silence she puts the knife away and gives up. “…Ok then… I can’t interrogate people anyways… Let’s just take it as you girls are crazy people who believe that they are from the future…” She sighs.



Kumi PoV

 

Even though I haven’t actually gotten any answers out of them, I’m bad at this. “Can I stop now?” I whisper to Ishida-sama. She smiles, “Of course, I didn’t expect anything out of you anyways.” She’s quite cruel, just playing around. I sigh, really, I think I should be used to this by now.

“Ok! Crazy people, from this day on, you’ll be my slave-erm… servants!”

Of course, this would have happened. Sometimes I wonder what my job is supposed to be nowadays. People listen to this girl because she’s influential and a good daimyo it seems. Making ‘crazy’ people, servants it just like her if she’s interested in them. I’ll probably have to keep an eye on them. That seems annoying.

“You work for me now! So I’ll cut off the heads of the people who disobey!”

I face palm, she’s just so innocent and childish seeming at this moment, the look on her face is really not fitting what she’s saying.

“It’s not my fault…” I mumble to the girls.



Peace PoV

 

Somehow, the ninja seems reluctant or embarrassed? With the Ishida person saying such things, I kind of understand, if she was normal at least.

“…Well, since you’re going to be working for me now, my name is Ishida Anna!”

This girl, Anna-san, is kind of weird, but she’s not too bad.



Komimi PoV

 

Eh… What… Just happened?

Ok, first, interrogation… The ninja person, she threatened Peace with a knife, but kind of didn’t really want to do anything it seems. Then, the interrogation ends. It’s looser than the creepy jail warden’s interrogation, though I must say that I’m glad that I didn’t get kicked. Horrible guy, called me an idiot…

Then, Anna-san, said that we were now her slaves… Or servants… I don’t know! Her smile is cute, but she seems kind of dangerous… Ah, am I going to have to stay here? Sob… I thought we finally got out… Now we’re in who knows where…

“Oh, you, Komimi, you’ll be my personal servant, though all of you technically are now…”

She seems to have so much power over people… But why me? Truthfully, is this a bad thing or not, I don’t know… She seems cute and nice… I sigh.



Nanashi PoV

 

“By the way~ This the room you two are going to be using~”

Anna-san points to Nantene and I. Somehow, despite being kind of suspicious, not that we aren’t even more suspicious than she is, she seems like a nice person overall.

Luckily, I wasn’t the one with the knife to the throat because I doubt I would be able to sleep in this room. Wait, why would I even think about sleep now? Nanashi, that’s because humans need sleep of course.

If Nantene knew what was going on in my head, she would troll and tease me nonstop. Plus, it turns out that even in cosplay-ninja-knifey-land, we’re roommates.



Kumi PoV

 

I just get the feeling that Ishida-sama forgot something. Something called, plans to take down Owari. Even though we can’t do it right away, we’re technically in Suruga right now, the farthest of the territories from Owari.

“Oh yeah… Peace… You’ll be with the ninja, Kumi-chan~”

A ninja, that’s what I’m supposed to be, but I’m not getting to do my actual job 60% of the time. The kicking girl, Peace, will be rooming with me. There are a lot of rooms in this building, so I don’t really understand why we have to room together. Also, letting that idiotic looking person, Komimi, be with her is crazy and dangerous!

“Ishida-sama… I don’t think it’s a good idea…” She’s not going to listen to me.

“We’ll decide that later~” The pout, trying to convince me by acting cute.

“If we’re going to be servants, could you cut the rope?”



Peace PoV

 

The rope is uncomfortable you know. Even though I don’t want to be a servant, life is life, though Paru would get a bit mad if I said that.

“…I’ll leave it to Kumi to decide…”

Kumi-san, she just sighs and comes over to cut the ropes. She takes out Nantene’s doll, Sally, from who knows where and hands it to Nantene.

“Hehe… Thanks for the help, says Sally… nantene~” Kumi-san gives a little smile.

Anna-san smiles, if only she wasn’t an important seeming person.



Komimi PoV

 

“Well, I need to go now. Kumi, keep an eye on them… After all, you want to get Owari over with right?”

Eh… I’m still confused… Anna-san… just left the room… Kumi-san… Is scary? No… not really…



Peace PoV

 

“…Ishida-sama’s going to come back anyways, so tell me about yourselves…” Looks like she can’t really do anything right now, so she’s just going to interrogate us again, in a non-lethal manner.

“…Well, I kicked someone so hard that I broke his bones…” True fact, though it wasn’t actually the reason that I was in Prison Hope, it was the fake reason.

“No wonder…” She gives a wry smile. I think I might have accidently kicked her back there, probably that’s what happened. Kumi-san pokes my cheek, it’s a bit round, but she didn’t have to do that.

“…” I pout and she apologizes through gestures.

“Well…I guess I’m an idiot?” Komimi states a true fact about herself, but that just makes me want to face palm. Even if it might be true, you shouldn’t say that about yourself, but then again it makes me laugh a bit.

“I can see that.”

Like I said, Komimi is the boke(fool) and now it seems that Kumi-san is the tsukkomi(straight man).

“Komimi is an idiot, idiot~ nantene~” Nantene cackles.

“…Nantene…” Nanashi tugs at her worriedly, but it’s not like it’ll help with anything.

“Well, bluntly putting it, I’m a ninja… I guess I should apologize for knocking you girls out…” It seems that Kumi-san has accepted us as acquaintances.

“Ah… It’s ok…” I wonder how this’ll play out. Let’s hope I can find out something about this place and find the rest of the team.



[Checking up on Sasshi and Mongoose w/ Nobunaga]

 

…I’m stuck with idiots…” Jovijovich sighs and face palms.

In truth, it can’t be said that Sasshi has the best sense of direction and it can’t be said that Nobunaga is the best at reading maps. Messi was a computer person and Yagi was Yagi. An’nin couldn’t really help if it was Nobunaga and the Lolita outfit duo were not going to be that helpful. Miyu didn’t really want to make a commotion, so she stayed silent, trying not to say anything. Bunker was quite literally bad at maps.

“Sorry… I think we’re lost…” Sasshi looks away as she states the bad news.

“Well, at least we’re somewhere like a village.” An’nin observed the surroundings.

Sasshi looked away again. Yagi snickered and Messi pet her head. Sudachi wondered out loud, “Does that mean that people don’t help random strangers?” Right afterwards, her sister sighed.

“Yeah… Most of the time…”

“It never hurts to try right? There’s probably going to be one nice person out here.” Nobunaga gives a puppy smile as she tries to encourage the crew.

“You guys heard her, now let’s go! [If we don’t get going, I’m never going to get any screentime! I don’t even get to show off my awesome mentaiko gag!]” Jovijovich starts dragging Sasshi along after Nobunaga and everyone else follows after.

“I feel like you said something weird there, Jovi-san.” Sudachi mumbles, causing her sister, Shokaku to send a glare over to her.

“…Well, come on, let’s just get going.”



 

A/N: Feeling a bit lonely... This story needs too much setting up... Well, I'm allowed to troll people in the last chapter~ reference to the real russian monkey, Anya-chan~~ I found that the Mentaiko gag was actually interesting though~ Me want comment, plz~ not forcing you though~ Let's just hope that you do~ BTW, the pairings, if I haven't said so yet, YuiParu, KomimiAnna, KumiPeace... There's others to look out for that I won't say yet~