Chapter 3

Sengoku Shoujo

Chapter 3:  Suruga no Ninja

 

Peace PoV

 

There’s a large building that resembles something that one might see in a book about the Sengoku Period or a drama. I guess I never was interested in those things. Walking around, I see a lot of things that are hard to describe.

I really wonder what Uruseeyo did there. Normally hitting a tree wouldn’t bring a person to a completely different place and possibly time seeing as this looks not like a tourist site.

A feeling that someone is there creeps up to me. Instinctively, I kick. My foot barely scrapes against something. But it disappears. I turn around, seeing nothing. Once again the presence creeps up to me, but this time, I didn’t have enough time to kick. A dart stabs into my neck, it’s not all that sharp, but I think the point was covered in some kind of sleep drug.

“…...”

My head hurts, I guess I was knocked out by whatever that dart was. It just turned dark so suddenly.

“Whose spies are these girls, Kumi?” It’s somewhat fuzzy.

“Uh, Ishida-sama, sorry, but I’m not aware.” Two girls talking to each other.

“Kumi, just call me by my given name.” The room has bad lighting.

“Sorry… And I think they’re awake now.” My eyes are wide open by now.

Two girls, one wearing Japanese clothing and one wearing a strange ninja like outfit, not the stupid looking type in movies though, just something dark and well, something that looks like it’s from the past eras. The ninja looks like Komimi, but with a cleaner hairstyle and less…erm…stupid…cough…cough…, her eyes are pretty. The other girl seems to be someone important if you look at her clothes, though it isn’t all that fancy and over layered like some things. She’s [insert description].

My arms and legs are bound by a rope. Of course, it wasn’t really that comfortable. This reminds me of that time quite recently with that creepy guy, but it wasn’t that bad seeing my situation. Nearby, Nanashi, Nantene, and Komimi are tied up together, I can tell because of the colors in their hair.

Just making an out of place comment, it’s a bit lonely being the only one not being tied with them. In a way, we’re like one of the mini-groups in Habu. We’re the less hot-headed people, Daasu and the Tetsuo-Uruseeyo pair are the more hot-headed and seemingly strong people, and Nobunaga plus Paru are basically the leaders.

“Ah, so they’re awake.” The girl that seemed to be addressed as Ishida-sama crouched down and observed us.

“Ishida-sama, I advise you stay your distance just in case.”

If that person is important it is true that she should stay away, just in case, even though I get the idea that we’re basically not a threat even if I’m not as weak as the other three. In chess, all you have to do is take down the king and you win even if all the other pieces are still there, sometimes, depending on the situation, it applies to real life as well.

She smiles and gets up and goes ahead to observe Komimi and crew. The ninja girl smiles and I notice her keeping a small knife like object in an easy to quickly reach place, I think the knife’s a kunai or something like that, it has a weird shape.



Kumi PoV

 

Ishida-sama can always show me why she is so powerful and able to be the lord of Suruga. Even though she’s sometimes a bit too nice and positive, she’s sharp and able to lead. Actually, she basically overthrew the Imagawa and got rid of basically everyone that opposed her. It wouldn’t be exaggerating to say that most of the higher ranked people are either loyal to her or intimidated by her. I wonder what she’ll decide to do with these strangely dressed girls.

This girl who has some kind of thing in her hair, like the other strange people, and slightly chubby cheeks, she’s kind of cute though, seems to be the most powerful out of the four. When she kicked me, even though it was just a scrape, it wasn’t exactly that nice. If she had actually managed to make a hit, I guess it would’ve been a bit painful.

“Ne~ Kumi, do you think it’s possible to use these people?”

Her wording is a bit weird, but what she basically means by that is, ‘Let’s not kill these spies. I’m interested in them, so could we have them serve me instead, so those stupid retainers won’t get all mad at me and criticize me and say that I’m like the fool of Owari?’ Maybe I added too many details, but when she messed up, due to the fact that she’s pretty young, but still the lord, the vassals tend to be like that. Unlike Yokoyama who has quite a lot of enemies in her own province, Ishida-sama tends to be able to control it better.

The girl that kicked me frowned. The phrasing does make some people feel insulted or just unhappy. The girl with double pigtails and the girl with the blue knit thing were giving a strange look and the other one had this somewhat stupid look on her face. It’s the truth, there’s no other way to say it.

“Shouldn’t we ask who they’re working for first?”

“There’s no need, there really aren’t that many possibilities looking at their clothes.”

“Yokoyama or someone from the West, the barbarians.”

I don’t know of any people in this country besides Yokoyama that have interests in the barbarians and such. There probably are a few peasants or so, or maybe merchants, but they wouldn’t be able to hire spies or assassins. She smiles at my assumption and looks towards the prisoners who are quite obviously listening to the dialogue.

“They might not be spies though, look at their expressions and the fact that they got caught so easily probably proves that.”

Other than the kicking girl, the others were kind of sad. I sigh as I think back to what happened there.

[Flashback]

“Where are we supposed to be now!!!!??”

A cry of despair comes from the tallest in the trio. I didn’t understand why she was acting like that. She’s standing in one of the gardens, as a spy or someone that managed to get in, it’s abnormal.

“A garden in someone’s estate?”

“Hehehehe… Maybe this is some kind of stupid magic trick… Nantene~”

The girl with a weird doll thing laughed and made what I find may have been a dead joke. The people in the group seemed to be used to it.

Seeing as they technically are suspicious people, I knocked them out with no problem even though they are three people. Due to certain problems, I don’t have the tube to shoot the darts, so I actually had to throw them or get close.

After knocking them out, I tied them up. Those girls didn’t even have any weapons, the random shiny things and the doll probably don’t count.

[End Flashback]

“Um… What are you talking about?”

The girl that was the tallest out of the group, she’s actually about my height, made a somewhat out of place comment. Ishida-sama gives her a smile with lots of things hidden under and the girl’s comrades give her a weird look.

“…Komimi-san… psst… Komimi-san…”

My ears naturally catch what the knit girl is whispering to that seemingly idiotic girl.

This isn’t the time to be acting like this… These people seem like wackos… Though the ninja like girl looks like you…

Somehow, I get the feeling that I’m being insulted here. I tap my lord on the should and whisper into her ear,

“I think that they aren’t spies…”

 



Komimi sat there and listened in on the ninja girl and that other one. Of course she would, it’s in her name.

“Why would we be something like spies?”

The pair in Japanese clothing looked her way again. The lord smiled with a glint of curiosity in her eyes. Her friends, Peace, Nanashi, and Nantene looked at her with a look that said, ‘Komimi, I don’t think this is the best time to be saying things like that….’

“Really? You have no idea?”

The lord, Ishida Anna, had a playful smile on her face as she asked. This was probably the first time she’d met such a weird and interesting person.

Peace, Nanashi, and Nantene had a confused look on their faces. Komimi bluntly answered.

“I don’t get what you’re talking about right now.”

“What if I say that Yokoyama Yui is a fool?”

The ninja, Kumi, asked with a poker face. The lord of Owari, Yokoyama Yui, was often called the fool of Owari. Despite the fact that the two don’t actually care much about what type of nickname their neighbor has, bringing it up greatly angers those that are loyal to her.

“We don’t know that Yokoyama-san.”

Truthfully, I have no idea what they are talking about. But I don’t want my friends to be used like tools or treated as fools.

“[Is she an idiot more than our idiot? *laughs*] is what Nantene said.”

Nanashi relayed the message for her past roommate. Though there was that episode where the girl talked without the puppet, she probably still felt a bit shy. In this case, it’s only natural.

“Kumi, I think we can just keep them under supervision and let them have a better place than this cold cell.” Anna smiled.

“Hai.” A swift reply accompanied with a salute and bow.

“What will you do with us?” Peace asked uncomfortably at the strange situation.

“My lord will keep you close by and possibly you may rise in rank despite the strangeness of your existences.”

“Also, I might be getting to see something interesting. Our attack on Owari will begin soon enough; I wonder if you four will survive on the battlefield, I hope you do.”

The lord exited.

“We’ll interrogate you later, but for now, I will the four of you to your rooms.”

This person is interesting…

Could it be that Peace and the ninja might become a pair? Nantene….

I hope nothing bad happens…

Eh… This is going to quickly… What’s with this development?

 




 

A/N: This took a long time to write, but it's so short.... I actually prefer not telling whose PoV it is because of the style of light novels, but due to the fact that the PoVs are so short, I can't really do the not telling thing... Did i make Ishida-san too OOC? I don't really know her character, but in the beginning the characters will always be a bit strange because they need developing...