Final

Webcam

 

 

 

 

 

                Luhan is so excited that he’s surely going to die before Sehun even arrives in Korea. Miraculously, he manages to talk his parents into lending him their car (the little one, because they own two) so that Sehun and him will be able to get anywhere in the city more easily. Sehun’s mother makes her son promise he will call her twice a week to make sure everything is okay. Luhan also assures her that they won’t go anywhere risky, do anything silly or even go to bed too late every day.

 

                But in the end, all is settled and Sehun’s ready to go to Beijing. A few days before he takes the plane, he and Luhan have a video conversation with Mrs Oh too, to check everything one last time: the time when the plane lands, Sehun’s suitcase, his papers… “I think I’m good,” the young boy says with a happy smile. Luhan nods joyfully.

 

                “Well, you’ll have fun, all by yourself like that, won’t you?” Mrs Oh says sweetly. Luhan is about to reply, but he hears someone shout in the background, behind Sehun and his mother.

 

                “Use protection!”

 

                He recognizes Sehyun’s voice immediately. And exactly at the same time as Sehun, he blushes crimson. While Mrs Oh scolds her older son for saying stupid things, they laugh a little awkwardly. “I really can’t wait,” Sehun says after a while. He chuckles when Mrs Oh yells at Sehun’s brother again.

 

                “Neither can I,” Luhan says. “Neither can I.”

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                Luhan took driving lessons and got his license really long ago, but he hasn’t been driving at all since then, so recalling how to start up takes him two good minutes. He drives slowly to the airport, hoping he won’t kill anybody on his way. But fortunately, the journey goes absolutely fine, and he parks the car in front of the huge glass doors of the airport. He looks up to check whether he’s facing the right terminal. Yes. Apparently, he is.

 

                Burying his hands in his pockets to prevent them from shaking, he walks in, and heads to the gate Sehun will arrive through. He looks at a screen on a wall. The plane has already landed. He waits. Anxiously, he watches out for Sehun. And then he spots him, and his heart skips a beat. The tall boy is pulling his suitcase behind him, looking around with his eyebrows raised in a lost expression. Luhan sees him bite his lip.

 

                Trying not to explode with happiness, he walks towards him; he is so hyper that two seconds later he starts walking faster and faster, and he ends up running like crazy to the boy. Sehun only sees him when they’re a few metres apart. His eyes widen, but he opens his arms widely, just in time, to hug Luhan tightly and almost lift him up from the floor. They laugh. Luhan holds him possessively, then he tiptoes to kiss him slowly.

 

                When they part several minutes later, panting slightly, he brushes Sehun’s nose with the tip of his own. They join hands and interlace their fingers. Letting out a sigh of happiness that he couldn’t hold back anymore, Luhan rests his cheek against Sehun’s chest.

 

                “Welcome.”

 

                They go back home quietly. Sehun seems really impressed by Luhan’s driving skills, even if the car swerves a few times. Hanging to the little mirror between them, there’s a little plushy, a rabbit with tiny black eyes and big ears. It sways continuously from right to left. Sehun grabs it for a second and smiles, then he lets go and the animal starts moving again. “How was the flight?” the blond boy asks. Sehun chuckles before answering.

 

                “I was really excited last night so I didn’t get a lot of sleep. I kinda finished the night on the plane,” he says. Luhan laughs, as much because Sehun is adorable as because he can see himself in him. When he parks the car in front of his house, Luhan immediately says he’ll carry Sehun’s suitcase. But there seems to be something that weighs a ton inside of it; it’s so heavy!

 

                “What did you put in here? A dinosaur?” he pants.

 

                “N – no, I didn’t put anything special…” Sehun stammers bashfully. Once everything is settled, which means Luhan managed to drag the suitcase all the way to his bedroom, they sigh in relief. Luhan looks at Sehun.

 

                “What do you want to do now?”

 

                “Right now?” Sehun asks. “I want to kiss you.”

 

                Luhan smiles and he walks to him. “Then do it,” he whispers. Sehun complies happily and wraps his arms around the smaller boy’s waist, bringing him close. Luhan takes a step backwards, then another one, and another one, until the back of his knees meet the bed. Giggling mischievously, he throws himself onto the mattress, pulling Sehun down with him. Sehun laughs silently, sending light vibrations through Luhan’s body.

 

                Luhan closes his eyes and cups his face gently. Sehun’s skin is fresh, smooth, soft. Luhan has the feeling he’s caressing a doll. “I love you,” he murmurs when they part for a second.

 

                “I love you…” Sehun replies. Their lips join again intimately, and Luhan lets himself go.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                They remain lying on his bed for several hours, completely oblivious to time going by. It’s only when Sehun’s stomach starts to growl that they part to laugh. Luhan smiles and asks him whether he’d like to go in town to have dinner. “As you want,” Sehun says.

 

                “Let’s order something, I want to watch a movie,” Luhan says, grabbing his hand and getting up.

 

                They call Luhan’s favourite restaurant, and order a ridiculously huge amount of food that they eat in front of the TV. They even drink a can of beer each, even if Sehun was a little impressed and afraid he might get drunk. Long after midnight, they finally go to bed, not even bothering to put a spare mattress in Luhan’s room; as soon as they’ve brushed their teeth and put on their pyjamas, they slip into his bed (of course, he washed the sheets a few days ago) and drift into sleep in each other’s arms.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                Luhan has always had insecurities about physical contact. This doesn’t apply to kissing or hugging, because in these two cases, he has his clothes on. That’s actually what worries him the most. Once or twice, Sehun walks into his bedroom while he’s changing into his pyjamas or getting dressed, and it makes him horribly embarrassed.

 

                However, Sehun is becoming more and more insistent. Not rough or anything, of course, but Luhan can feel that at night, his kisses get deeper, harder, more passionate. And all he can see is the big, font-72 sign plastered on the boy’s forehead – hormonal teenager. He’s not actually scared, but it sometimes feels weird. Let alone the fact that his own body reacts too.

 

                So when Sehun sometimes pushes him against a wall or wraps his arms around him under the bed sheets, he shivers but always manages to laugh and escape in some way. Sehun doesn’t seem hurt or offended by that, but rather comprehensive, and whenever Luhan whispers, “No,” looking down, he smiles and squeezes his hand to tell him it’s okay.

 

                But once, when Sehun and him get back home just when the shadows of the night start to cover the city like a translucent navy blue piece of fabric, all is silent. The blond boy opens, closes, locks the door, plunging into the freshness of his house with relief. They go upstairs in quiet silence, without turning the lights on. Turning the lights on at night is too violent.

 

                Just as he’s about to grab the handle of the door of his bedroom, Luhan feels Sehun’s arms wrap around his waist and he shivers pleasantly. Soft lips are kissing the back of his neck. “Luhan,” the younger boy murmurs, his voice sounding an octave lower than usual. Luhan’s breath becomes irregular. He cannot speak; every time Sehun’s mouth meets his skin, his words are taken away from him. He parts his lips, grasping for air in inaudible inhales. “Luhan, Luhan…” Sehun repeats softly.

 

                Luhan opens the door and steps in his bedroom, Sehun follows him, not letting go. And that’s when he gets out of his depth. Just as reaches the centre of the room, Luhan turns around to face Sehun and rests both his hands on the boy’s smooth skin to give him a slow, deep kiss. Sehun holds him tighter. Effortlessly, he lifts him up from the floor, but he still stumbles when he carries the blond boy to the bed, where he lies down on top of him.

 

                Gently, he bends down and kisses his Adam apple. Luhan closes his eyes. He wraps his legs around Sehun’s waist. Sehun is nuzzling his shoulder and his neck. Peaceful. Luhan feels peaceful. But his heart beats a thousand times faster when Sehun grabs the first button of his shirt, while kissing him tenderly. He lets out a questioning moan. Are you really doing it?

 

                Sehun undresses him slowly, revealing his skin here and there then everywhere and it glows under a moonbeam, even if Luhan still doesn’t really like anything more than his bellybutton in his body. He smiles timidly and Sehun kisses him once again. Luhan can feel the boy has a little tent in his jeans, which is touching the inner part of his own bare thigh.

 

                Sehun sits up just for a few seconds, to pull his t-shirt off. Luhan looks at his chest closely, tracing the outline of his body with his a trembling index. Sehun is more built, and has shapes that indicate he is going to take control, and it’s reassuring. Luhan lets himself be guided by the eighteen-year-old boy, a smile on his lips and butterflies in his stomach.

 

                Everything however goes slightly too fast, as they’re under the influence of their feelings and desire; Luhan feels like he’s running down a hill, where the grass and the rocks make him slip all the time and the incline is too steep for him to slow down. Sehun is clumsy, he’s scared, but curious too, and even if Luhan has to hide his pain to avoid making the boy feel guilty, he experiences new sensations that he will surely remember forever.

 

                He touches, kisses, and cries Sehun’s name into the blue night; the night is really blue, a blue so blue that Sehun’s white skin looks even more white next to the white bed sheets that are however equally white. A blue so blue that when Luhan sees the sky out of the window when he throws his head backwards, he feels like he’s drifting in a deep sea.

 

                And after the stars start shining, both of them close their eyes, they smile and hold each other as they fall asleep, warm, soft and peaceful. Luhan doesn’t dream that night. Maybe that’s because he doesn’t need to. Life is fine. Fine enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

– Thirteen months later –

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Luhan checks his watch once again, and stares at it this time, waiting for the minute hand to reach the number twelve. When it does, he lets out a little ‘five o’clock!’ of victory and closes the document he was working on. After turning off his computer, he gets up, picks up his bag from the floor and pushes his chair with wheels under his desk.

 

                As he walks out of the cubicle and locks the door, he smiles at Amber, his colleague. “Leaving already?” the young woman asks. Amber is always drinking coffee somewhere in the office, but curiously, her work is always done. Luhan nods and laughs. “Oh yeah, you’ve got to call your prince charming!” Amber teases.

 

                “That’s not true!” Luhan replies, pretending to be shocked.

 

                “Come on, everyone knows what you do on Friday nights.”

 

                “Okay, maybe…” Luhan smiles in spite of himself. Then he waves at Amber, grabs his jacket from the coat hanger and he walks out of the office. In only a year, his job has turned into a full-time one, which explains why he’s now working from nine to five everyday. During that year, he only got to see Sehun three times, and only for two weeks each time. The last time they saw each other was during the holidays, in May. And now it’s the middle of September, and autumn is already making its entrance.

 

                Luhan gets in his (own!) little car while humming a soft tune. By the time he is back home, his low humming turns into shameless screaming along to the music on the radio. He enters his house quickly, and climbs the stairs to his bedroom. He sits down in front of his computer. Normally, Sehun should call him in a couple of minutes. Luhan waits, killing time on tumblr.

 

                Half an hour later, and Sehun still hasn’t called. Luhan frowns. Sehun? He doesn’t hear the doorbell the first time it rings. It’s only when the shrill ‘ding!’ resounds again that he starts and gets up curiously. Just as he reaches the end of the stairs, his foot gets caught in the strap of his bag which was dragging on it. He misses a step and stumbles before half falling to the floor with a loud ‘!’. The doorbell rings again and Luhan hisses while holding his knee because he just hit it hard and he’s surely going to die.

 

                With tears of pain in his eyes and at least a thousand swearwords in his mind, Luhan gets up, kicks his bag away in anger and breathes in deeply to calm himself. The doorbell rings. Luhan is almost sure that the person on the other side heard him fall because the noise he produced was quite similar to an elephant hit by a truck. His knee hurts so much, though… Luhan limps to the door. And he opens it.

 

                Well, no wonder Sehun wasn’t on Skype.

 

                Because he’s right in front of him.

 

                Luhan stares for several minutes, eyeing the tall boy from head to toes. He has completely forgotten about his pain, all left in him is pure surprise. He waits for Sehun’s image to disappear, because it’s surely just an illusion –

 

                “Luhan?” Sehun asks, sounding concerned, and efficiently pulling him out of his daydream. “Hello?”

 

                “Flgbl,” is the only thing Luhan manages to articulate. But his body still works, and he jumps forward to pull Sehun into a tight hug. (Even if as he does so, his knee gives him the feeling it’s blowing up like a bomb.)

 

                “How are you?” Sehun whispers. Luhan shrugs. Sehun laughs, low against Luhan’s cheek.

 

                “How come you’re here?” Luhan asks after a while, when he’s recovered the ability to speak, at last.

 

                “Studying. In Beijing. International school,” Sehun answers. The blonde-haired boy looks up at him with his eyes wide open.

 

                “And you didn’t tell me before?!”

 

                “I only arrived two days ago,” Sehun replies. “And I didn’t tell you before because it wasn’t sure yet and I didn’t want you to be disappointed in case I didn’t come in the end.”

 

                “Oh.”

 

                “Yeah.”

 

                “So where are you staying?”

 

                “I have a small apartment, not far from my school. And in case you want to know, it’s not far from here either.”

 

                Luhan thinks he really needs to wake up now because his dream is getting a little too realistic and pleasant. Sehun living in China means Sehun coming to see him everyday and in a fraction of a second, Luhan sees himself living with Sehun in the house, sharing the rent, he sees a double bed and endless nights in each other’s arms, he sees trips to foreign countries, he sees engagement rings, a honeymoon, happiness and –

 

                He blinks and the pain in his knee is back, and he now just sees Sehun’s sweater and he remembers they’re only hugging for the moment, even if it’s already wonderful.

 

                “Do you have any plans for tonight?” he asks timidly.

 

                Sehun smiles. “Hmm… I don’t think so,” he says mischievously. Luhan lets out a joyful laugh. They link hands, and their fingers interlace messily at first, but then cling hard to one another in a tight pattern. The blond boy looks at Sehun for a long time, and they smile silently. “What about you?” Sehun murmurs. Luhan bursts out laughing, and it sounds like a dragonfly flying off a flower; for the first time in years maybe, it’s totally bright, with no bitterness hidden behind. It’s genuine.

 

                “I have nothing planned either,” he answers in whisper.

 

                Then he steps in with Sehun, closes the door, and kisses him passionately.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Okay, that was the last chapter.

 

I'm a little sad to end this story because I liked writing it, but now Sehun and Luhan are going to be happy! We're safe~

Actually, a lot of elements of this story were inspired from real things that happened to me! I just...embroidered them a bit here and there.

 

Did you like this fic? Please tell me in the comments!

 

And above all, thank you for reading