Chapter 2

Webcam

 

 

 

 

 

                “Luhan – Luhan, I love you.”

 

                Luhan turns the webcam off.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

                Luhan stares at his screen, his heart completely silent. It has surely stopped beating. For several minutes, he remains in front of the computer, unmoving. It’s as if by turning the webcam off, he’d made Sehun disappear. All is silent now. Night. In a split second, Luhan imagines, thinks about what would happen if he fixed everything while he still can, if he turned the camera back on, pretended to have had a bug, and smiled to Sehun.

 

                Sehun – Sehun would surely act like he’d said nothing before and they would be back to normal. But Luhan doesn’t do anything. Luhan – Luhan, I love you. Said Luhan feels a disgustingly powerful wave rise inside of him and, he is used to it fortunately, he manages to drag his body to the toilets fast enough not to throw up on the floor.

 

                He stands up straight and closes his eyes, only to see Sehun’s shy smile appear again like an after-image. For the second time, he nose-dives into the toilets and vomits the few remainings of his cookies. After flushing the thick substance away, Luhan washes his hands, his forearms then ends up splashing cold water over his face. He closes his eyes for a while.

 

                Basically, he just destroyed a precious moment. A little voice in his blonde-haired head sussurates that Sehun surely wasn’t serious anyway, and that it’s okay. But even if it’s tempting to listen to that voice, Luhan cannot. He cannot listen to it because what it says it completely false. Luhan has seen the light in Sehun’s eyes and yes, he was undoubtedly deadly serious. Which means that Luhan just ruined his adorable confession.

 

                He trails back to his computer, that’s still on, the only light in the dark bedroom. For a minute or two, he stays under the door frame, leaning against the wall, and staring at it from a distance. The Skype window is open, and about ten new messages have popped up. Luhan walks to his desk, half tripping over dirty underwear scattered on the floor.

 

                What was that

                I think there was a bug

                Luhan?

                Hyung

                What happened

                Are you still there

                Luhan

                Luhan

                Are you okay?

 

                Luhan sighs, and his breath does a weird thing. He hiccups several times. A new Luhan? appears on the screen. Luhan closes the Skype window and buries his face in his hands. He feels bad. Extremely bad. He’s never felt that bad ever before. He hates himself, so much he’d like to scream and cry until his eyes hurt. His fingers clench around thick strands of hair. But he keeps dead silent, and he doesn’t shed a single tear.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                After a long self-analysis (he’s got time on his hands when he’s in his bed, especially when he cannot sleep after such a horrible night), Luhan knows why he’d acted that way. He’s – he’s scared. Now that Sehun has confessed to him, they’ve definitely become more than simple Internet friends. Or rather, after Sehun had confessed to him, they had become more than simple Internet friends. Because Luhan is sure that now, they won’t be anything anymore. He’s surely not going to speak to Sehun ever again.

 

                He wants to forget everything, to bury his feelings in a deep, dark hole in the middle of the forest, to forget about that hole and to forget about the forest, to forget, to forget, to forget. Every time, it’s like that. Every time Luhan finds something he wants but cannot have, he wishes he hadn’t found it. A pair of shoes that’s way too expensive, a game, a ticket for a trip to a foreign country, official merch of his favourite band that isn’t shipped to where he lives…

 

                Of course, comparing Sehun to these insignificant things isn’t really nice, but it’s actually the same principle. Luhan knows he’ll never be able to have Sehun, so he wishes he hadn’t met him. Maybe if he hadn’t posted that stupid comment on the stupid website about that stupid video game Sehun wouldn’t have talked to him in the first place.

 

                Luhan turns his computer on the day after, and he finds a huge amount of new Skype text messages. He reads them one after the other, his eyes locked on the screen. All of them are rather alike.

 

                Luhan, are you okay

                What happened yesterday

                You don’t want to talk to me

                Hyung are you okay

                Luhan!

 

                Luhan is glad the ‘invisible’ mode exists. A new day starts. When midday strikes, he orders pizza (fortunately the nearby pizzeria is open even on Sundays), but when the big circle of dough plus tomato plus cheese plus ham plus olives is delivered, he realises he’s not hungry at all. The pizza gets cold in the kitchen. Anyway it will surely end up in the trashbin in a few hours. Luhan watches series.

 

                When he’s about to start the new episode of Shingeki no Kyojin, he receives a video call from Sehun. He starts. Of course, he doesn’t answer. Each one of the long beeps make his heart skip a beat. They sound like questions being asked. Luhan? Why don’t you answer? Are you okay? Is anything wrong? Eventually, Sehun seems to give up and hangs up. Luhan receives a message. Just one.

 

                Luhan

 

                Sehun knows that he’s online but acting like he’s not. Because otherwise he wouldn’t have been able to call. But the invisible mode is perfect for that: they both know that Luhan’s actually online, but he can still pretend. That’s good.

 

                He knew that one day he would have to stop talking to Sehun and soon, because they might get too close and attached to each other. They already had. But it’s rather a good thing, he forces himself to think. Now he doesn’t have to worry about when to break off all contact. It’s already broken off. From time to time, once or twice, Luhan receives other calls. But while Skype emits its long beeps, Luhan looks away and just waits for silence to settle again.

 

                He doesn’t answer Sehun.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

                On the next day, when he wakes up in the middle of the afternoon, Luhan discovers that Sehun’s been sending him messages every ten minutes. His name is written so many times in the Skype conversation… Luhan, Luhan, Luhan… Luhan closes the window as he closes his eyes in attempt to avoid seeing all the ‘new message’ notifications.

 

                Maybe Sehun will get tired one day.

 

                And indeed, eventually, the number of messages Luhan receives everday from him decreases gently, going down from billions per hour to about ten a day, then a moment comes when he only gets one Luhan in a whole day.

 

                And then, nothing more.

 

                Luhan sighs in relief.

 

                No more messages, nothing, no video calls. Nothing, just silence. He doesn’t know whether that little sensation in his heart is content of disappointement. Maybe he’d expected Sehun to keep calling him endlessly forever, hopeful and in love. But his cute feelings have surely faded away, Luhan thinks.

 

                And he tries to convince himself that his own have done the same.

 

                But it’s hard.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                Luhan doesn’t talk to Sehun anymore. Not a single time in two months. Once or twice, he spots the boy’s username on a website, here and there, but he scrolls past it as fast as he can and blinks to erase it from his brain. It reminds him of the nights they’ve spent playing games together in the darkness of their bedrooms, trying hopelessly to muffle their giggles in attempt not to alert Sehun’s mother. But in the end, the young boy always ended up scolded. And they laughed.

 

                A new disappointement hits him in the middle of August, when the amount of money he receives that month from his parents is significantly smaller than usual. Oh goodbye, OneRepublic’s new album. Luhan thinks it’s maybe time for him to find a job. He’s did rather well at school, and he could easily get hired and work in computing. But why bother? He survives in his current state. So he doesn’t move from his computer.

 

                Sometimes, he checks his Skype account and goes online, really online, to see whether he’s received any messages. From Sehun, he hopes, so secretely he isn’t even aware of it. He waits for a while, because sometimes Skype is slow and takes its time to send him the notifications. But he’s got no messages and the little circle next to Sehun’s name remains white and never turns green.

 

                Once, when he hears that one song they both loved so much on the radio, Luhan gives in and cries. Just for a minute. He misses Sehun, of course. His giggles, his ‘Mum says…’, his smile, his drawings, his jokes, his cute lisp and his fine features. But it’s too late, Sehun has fallen silent. Luhan cannot hope anymore.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                When Christmas comes, Luhan tells himself he’s definitely been stupid to react so violently. But he cannot go back in time, nor can he send a message to Sehun out of the blue. Sometimes, he’s tempted to do it, though. To reply a Sehun to that old Luhan from July the 3rd, 2:27 p.m.

 

                But in the end, he always closes the Skype window and surfes his thoughts away.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                On the twelfth of April, his heart breaks. He almost sends Sehun a sorry happy birthday message. But he is such a coward that he doesn’t do it in the end. For the whole day, he holds his breath, and only lets it out at midnight, when the thirteenth of April begins.

 

                Eight days later, Luhan receives a phone call from his parents. Happy twenty-first birthday. Luhan eats his chocolate cake in front of his computer. From ten a.m. to three p.m., Skype stays open and a part of his mind (even if he doesn’t want to admit it) is totally focused on it. He waits for something that surely will not come.

 

                That doesn’t come. No message, nothing from Sehun. After all, you didn’t send anything to him on his birthday, Luhan thinks. He drinks his cold coffee and thinks about what he’s going to eat for dinner. But suddenly, the doorbell rings. That’s not a sound Luhan hears often, so he starts. He gets up lazily and walks to the hall, putting the empty cup on the kitchen counter on his way.

 

                When he opens the door, he finds himself facing a short girl wearing a blue cap, an big envelope in her right hand and a smile on her face. Hello, Luhan takes the envelope, thank you, goodbye, he closes the door. He doesn’t really look at the envelope until he plops down on his chair, that’s still warm as he’s left it only for a few minutes.

 

                Lu Han

                And his address, written in a cramped but neat handwriting.

 

                The envelope is heavy. It’s a cardboard envelope. Luhan looks behind it. No sender. He opens it with his Stanley knife. And – oh. The paper is white, thin, soft. The ink is blue, smooth, clean. Luhan reads.

 

 

 

                Hello Luhan,

 

                I hope you’ll receive this. (I found your address in your Skype profile, in case you were wondering. You left it displayed. Which is a good thing for me, but it’s also very dangerous, I think you know that. Though I was glad to find it.

                Of course, the best would be that the postman/postwoman gave it to you on the 20th, but…yeah. So if it’s not the 20th yet, stop reading. If it’s later than the 20th, then I’m sorry I’m late. If it’s the 20th, then, happy birthday.

 

                Luhan closes his eyes for a second. There is a blank space on the letter, then the words start again. He reads more.

 

                Look, I know you didn’t want to talk to me after I said that thing to you. I know you surely didn’t love me the same way I loved you. I’m sorry. But please, read the letter, even if you don’t reply. How are you? Still eating unhealthy things? Hahaha. I’m just kidding. I hope you’re not sick, though.

                You know, I don’t want this to sound pitiful, but I was really sad when we stopped talking to each other. I missed hearing your voice and seeing your pretty face, hyung. I missed laughing with you about stupid jokes, I missed our crazy moments, when we spazzed over our favourites bands. I missed everything. I bet I’m going to miss this forever now! But it’s okay. You have the right to want to stop.

                Wow, I had planned the letter to be like a kilometre long, but it’s so short. I wanted you to cry and feel guilty, hahaha. I guess I won’t work! Anyway you know I’m not dead. And if the envelope doesn’t come back to me, then it must mean that you’re not dead either. That’s important.

                I wish you a happy birthday, Luhan.

 

 

                I love you,

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                Sehun

 

 

 

                P.S.: I hope you’ll like the drawing

 

 

 

                Luhan grabs the last sheet of paper, heart beating faster than ever. He recognizes it immediately. The drawing that Sehun showed to him on the last day they talked to each other. It’s even more beautiful  now that he can see it for real and not through the webcam. For about ten minutes, Luhan reads the letter again and again, until he could recite it by heart.

 

                And then, like a zombie, he turns towards his computer.

 

                Open Skype.

 

                Sehun.

 

                Video call.

 

                While the beeps sound, loud and annoying, Luhan bites his already scabbed lips nervously and prepares a speech in his head, full of thank yous, sorrys, of kind words and apologies. He’s going to be absolutely ridiculous and weird and awkward.

 

                When Sehun accepts the call (honestly, Luhan hadn’t even actually hoped for him to do it), Luhan’s heart freezes in his chest. His fingers tighten on the letter.

 

                A second of silence.

 

                Then Sehun’s incredulous smile is too much and Luhan dissolves into tears.

 

                Even if his sobs are horribly loud, he can hear Sehun whisper a moved ‘oh my God’ in the background. For several minutes, he keeps crying uncontrollably, and Sehun says nothing. Then Luhan manages to stop weeping at last, and he blows his nose with a relatively clean tissue, before looking up at his screen bashfully.

 

                “I wish I could send you a virtual hug,” Sehun says very low. Luhan has an awkward laugh that his cut by a sudden hiccup. He’s missed Sehun’s voice so much…

 

                “I’m sorry,” he articulates weakly.

 

                Sehun smiled. “I assume you received the letter,” he replies.

 

                Luhan nods with a trembling beam. “Thank you so much… It’s beautiful. I – I didn’t send you anything on your birthday, though…” he adds, his eyes watering again in shame and guilt.

 

                But Sehun laughs and shrugs it off. “You’ll just have to give me double the presents next year,” he winks. Luhan feels a huge weight being taken off his shoulders. It’s so impressive; it cleans his entire lungs, and suddenly he can breathe deeply and freely again. “I’m happy, you know,” Sehun smiles.

 

                Luhan nods. “So am I,” he replies.

 

                They fall silent. Then Sehun chuckles. “You know…” he begins. Luhan swallows. “Ughh, embarrassing,” Sehun moans, spinning in his chair with wheels. Luhan giggles at his cuteness. But when the dark-haired boy looks at him again, he’s perfectly serious. He breathes in to speak, though Luhan beats him to it.

 

                “I love you,” he says, so abruptly that Sehun’s eyes widen in surprise. Then his features soften into a tender expression. Luhan breathes in and out and looks away. All is calm now. He grabs a pen on his desk and plays with it nervously. “I love you,” he repeats. “I’ve loved you for months. I started loving you long before you – you…said it to me. I love you, Sehun.”

 

                “Luhan.”

 

                Luhan turns back towards his screen shyly. Sehun is smiling, looking incredibely happy. “Luhan. I love you too,” he says.

 

                And for the second time, Luhan cries.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                That night, Luhan gos to bed early under Sehun’s orders, but not before having talked with him for hours and exchanged loving glances. He lies down on his bed in the dark, and closes his eyes.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                Now that they have crossed the Line, as he calls it, their conversations sometimes get a little awkward when they’re embarrassed, but it’s always sweet. It’s just – different. However, even if their ‘stupid and crazy internet friends’ relationship is slowly replaced by ‘shy lovers’, they still managed to laugh so hard together that tears roll on their cheeks. And one day…

 

                “Luhan,” Sehun begins, though seriously. Luhan has the feeling he’s holding back a smile and hiding his joy. “Do you know where I’m going for the holidays?”

 

                “Tell me,” Luhan smiles.

 

                “China!”

 

                “That’s cool! Where exactly?” the blond boy asks. For a second, he hopes.

 

                “Beijing.”

 

                Oh.

 

                Oh.

 

                Luhan freezes.

 

                Sehun is beaming, radiating with joy.

 

                “Oh my God,” Luhan whispers. “Does it mean that – ” he doesn’t even dare to ask.

 

                “Yes,” Sehun answers.

 

                “Oh my God.”

 

                “Mum, Sehyun and I are renting a little apartment in the for two weeks. And – it might be just a few streets from where you live. Just saying,” Sehun says casually.

 

                “Oh my God.”

 

                “The holidays are in three weeks, you know,” Sehun grins.

 

                “Oh. My God.”

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                They spend the three following weeks planning about a hundred things they’re going to do together, and fortunately Mrs Oh, Sehun’s mother, agrees to most of them. Naturally, Luhan offeers to invite them to dinner on the first night they’ll be in Beijing, as they won’t have bought anything to eat yet. And he promises not to give them cookies and coffee as meal. Then he’ll be their guide in Beijing.

 

                When the D-day comes, Luhan is really nervous. What if Sehun’s mother and brother don’t like him? And even worst…what if Sehun realises he doesn’t actually love him when he sees him in real life? Sehun’s flight departs at three p.m., and he’ll reach Beijing around five. Which meant that his mother, his brother and him should be at Luhan’s place by half past seven, if everything goes smoothly.

 

                Enjoy the flight , he sends to Sehun via Skype. And for five hours straight, he tidies his house, hoovers it entirely, opens the shutters and the windows, places books here and there to make it look like he’s cultured and has read them even if hasn’t, he does everything that will make his house presentable. He manages to. More or less. Then he cooks a traditional Chinese meal, and he has a long shower in order not to look dirty like he usually does.

 

                The sound of the doorbell at about half past seven is like an electric shock. Trembling all over, Luhan opens the door. And he’s petrified, because Sehun is standing there and oh my – he’s so tall and so slim and his shoulders are so broad and he’s even more handsome than usual and –

 

                “Hello,” Mrs Oh says. Luhan blinks several times and bows so low he could almost touch the floor with his forehead.

 

                “He – hello,” he replies shyly. Sehun’s smile is gorgeous. Sehun’s mother compliments Luhan about how pretty his house is, and he giggles bashfully. He motions them to go the the dining room, and as Sehyun and Mrs Oh go first, he looks at Sehun and beams. “Welcome,” he whispers.

 

                It turns out that Sehun’s brother and mother both are really nice. However, just before they leave after dinner, Sehun whispers something to Mrs Oh. He seems to be waiting for her answer. “Okay, just don’t come back too late,” she says.

 

                “Can I stay with you a little longer?” Sehun asks Luhan timidly. The blonde-haired boy smiles and nods. Of course he can. He bids Sehyun and Mrs Oh goodbye, and closes the door. And he’s alone with Sehun. “Wanna go to my room?” he asks. He hasn’t shown it to Sehun yet. The young boy nods and they climb the stairs.

 

                Once they’re in the bedroom, they sit down on Luhan’s bed and smile quietly. They don’t talk. Sehun grabs Luhan’s hand and squeezes it. His own hand is a little bigger than Luhan’s, and Luhan feels protected, even if he’s the older of them two. He can’t believe he’s next to Sehun, touching Sehun… He’s dreamt of it for so long. His heart is beating so fast that his body is shaken every time as if he received electric discharges.

 

                They interlace their fingers, and after a while, Sehun pulls him into a tight hug, and their heart are beating just next to each other. With trembling hands, Luhan reaches for Sehun’s face and his cheeks and he presses their lips together in a gentle kiss.

 

                These are the first touches they share, and they’re shy, intimidated, incredulous. Sehun’s mouth is soft and wet; Luhan shivers when he feels the boy his lips to ask for his permission. He parts them gladly and Sehun’s tongue enters his mouth. His heart seems to go up and down in his chest like a bouncing ball on a rollercoaster. But slower. More quiet, too.

 

                Luhan is pushed backwards onto the bed gently, and Sehun lies on top of him, not breaking the kiss even for a split second. They don’t say a word, and the silence is only broken by their slightly irregular breath, caused by excitement and desire. The first five minutes are surprising, unsettling, but then a peaceful feeling blooms in Luhan and his eyelids flutter closed.

 

                He holds Sehun close, close, and he wants to never let him go.

 

                He runs his hands all over Sehun’s arms, all over his shoulders, his back, his chest. They’ve never touched each other before, and it feels so wonderful. Luhan has never felt as happy as he feels now in his entire life; he loses control and loses himself in Sehun and loses all sense of time.

 

                But eventually, after an eternity that still seems too short, Sehun parts gently and nuzzles his head in the crook of Luhan’s neck. He has a quiet sigh, that feels fresh against the shorter boy’s skin. “I have to go,” he whispers.

 

                “I know,” Luhan replies. “But we’ll see each other again in the next days,” he adds with a little smile. Fortunately. If he hadn’t been able to see Sehun again during the holidays, he would surely have cried.

 

                “Of course,” Sehun says, tightening his arms around the blonde-haired boy’s waist for a second before letting go and sitting up. He smiles lovingly and raises to his feet. Luhan glances at the clock; it’s almost eleven p.m. One hour…one full hour spent together on his bed, just the two of them. Yet it has felt like a mere second.

 

                They go downstairs, saying nothing, their steps sounding loud in the quiet night. “Goodbye,” Luhan whispers, opening the door a little too sadly. Sehun steps out but gets closer to him a second later and gives him a last, delicate kiss. They smile shyly and the dark-haired boy turns around then he walks away from Luhan’s house.

 

                After leaning against the closed door for several minutes, his thoughts flying in his head like blurred birds, Luhan goes back to his bedroom and plops down in front of his computer. It’s like a reflex. When the screen turns on, an orange sign appears instantly. 3 new messages. From Sehun’s phone. Wow, he’s quick, Luhan thinks, smiling to himself.

 

                Thank you for tonight, it was really perfect :)

                I hope we’ll see each other again soon

                Have a good night, I love you

 

            Luhan nibbles at his lower lip in attempt to hold back the huge grin spreading on his face.

 

                Have a good night too Sehun-ah , he replies. Then he smiles at the heart Sehun sends back to him, he turns his computer off, puts on his pyjamas, and lies down on his bed. He closes his eyes and instantly drifts into a quite sleep full of beautiful dreams.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

                The next days are just like the first night. They don’t talk much (they save their words for Skype conversations and focus on what they can’t do on the Internet). In fact, they rather use body language; they kiss each other, hold hands, forget about Sehun’s mother and brother’s gaze, hug, smile…

 

                While they still can.

 

                Luhan tries, tries so hard not to think about the day when Sehun leaves. He’s sure that when they part, he’ll die of sadness. He turns a blind eye to his fears and acts as if they were going to stay together forever.

 

                But he still cries an ocean of tears two weeks later at the airport. Sehun’s brother is clearly judging him and holding back a laugh, but Luhan cannot really see anything with his leaking eyes. Sehun is holding him clumsily, trying to cheer him up with joyful words. “You’ll come to Korea during the next holidays, Luhan – Luhan, please stop crying…” he stammers, sniffling a little too. Luhan is half-sobbing, half-choking, and he clings to Sehun like a leech.

 

                He feels weird, because damn it, he’s a twenty-one-year-old grown man weeping like a baby.

 

                “Honey, we really have to go now…” Mrs Oh says quietly, sounding truly sorry. Luhan lets go of Sehun at last, and he wipes his eyes with his sleeve shamefully. He breathes in shakily and stutters a wet ‘goodbye…’. Sehyun sighs in the background, while Sehun squeezes Luhan’s hand one last time.

 

                “Video call as soon as I’m home,” he says. Luhan nods and after bowing to Mrs Oh and Sehyun one last time (“You’re welcome,” he replies to their ‘thank you again’), he watches them walk away towards the gates. He only turns around when he cannot see them anymore. He calls a taxi and goes back home, thinking and wondering what Sehun’s doing right now.

 

                Like a meteorite, a lead weight, a heavy sadness has fallen on him. While a few hours before he was still laughing happily, all he can think about now is how cold his hand feels without Sehun’s holding it. When he is back home, Luhan goes upstairs immediately and for the first time in years, he takes a hot bath. He doesn’t cry while sitting in the steaming water, but he almost does.

 

                However, the bath is not enough to drown his sadness. When the water gets cold and he starts to shiver uncontrollably, the blond boy quickly washes himself and he grabs a towel. It’s about half past six when he walks into his bedroom to put his pyjamas on. Sehun’s plane should have landed now. He should be heading home. Luhan waits patiently.

 

                A while later, he fetches leftover of rice in the kitchen and eats it while playing the Sims. He adds a ridiculously huge amount of soy sauce, which results in a little pool of dark liquid at the bottom of the bowl. But Luhan likes his rice really really salty and he loves soy sauce. Suddenly, beep beep, video call from Sehun.

 

                Luhan almost chokes on his poor meal and swallows difficultly. He fixes his hair the best he can and pats his shirt anxiously to smooth it out, then he accepts the call. Sehun is smiling and he looks, although tired, happy. “Hi,” Luhan says. Sehun waves, then he giggles.

 

                “Luhan. You have a grain of rice there,” he says, pointing at the corner of his lips. Luhan blushes heavily and he grabs the grain of rice; he quickly eats it, looking down in embarrassement. But then he sighs quietly. If Sehun were still there, he would have wiped the rice away with his thumb. Now they can’t touch anymore. And it’s already painful.

 

                “I miss you,” Luhan whispers honestly.

 

                “I miss you too.”

 

                Sehun sounds sad. Luhan looks at him on the screen and plasters a smile on his face. “So how was the flight?” he asks.

 

                “Fine, fine, thanks. And you know what? (Sehun’s face brightens.) There were movies to watch in the plane and there was the new Iron Man! So I watched it. It’s great,” the dark-haired boy finishes.

 

                Luhan smiles. “Told you so.”

 

                Naturally, they start conversing just like before, and Luhan feels his sadness fade a little. “Mum says…” Sehun begins a while later.

 

                “That you have to go to bed,” Luhan finishes for him.

 

                “No, no,” Sehun chuckles. “That I can talk with you a little longer.”

 

                “Oh. That’s nice,” Luhan smiles.

 

                “Yeah, and…when we were in the plane, she also mentioned that you could come and spend a week or two in Korea with us during the next holidays. If you want to, of course,” Sehun says casually, but he looks so happy it’s hard ot hide it. Luhan’s heart beats faster in his chest.

 

                “You must be joking,” he replies. Sehun shakes his head. “Oh my…thank you so much,” the elder boy whispers. He wants to hug Sehun so bad right now… He cannot do it, but Sehun’s radiant beam is enough to cheer him up instantly.

 

                In the end, it’s Luhan who tells Sehun to go to bed, when the dark-haired boy yawns three times in a row. “Promise me you’ll be online all day tomorrow!” Sehun pleads.

 

                “Go to bed!” Luhan retorts. “You look so tired!”

 

                “Promise me.”

 

                “…Okay, I promise.”

 

                Sehun smiles. “Goodnight.”

 

                “Sleep well.”

 

                “I love you, Luhan.”

 

                “I love you, Sehun.”

 

 

 

 

                Luhan turns the webcam off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: The story doesn't end here, though.

This chapter is long! I hope you liked it :)

Thank you very much for reading, I love you.

Please do subscribe and of course, tell me what you think about it in the comments ♥