004

The Misfits: Lost King
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly, Sehun let himself down from the bar. In the last three years he had worked on his body but compared to Kai or Chanyeol he still looked like a thin stick. Not that he was a stick in particular, oh no, his body was full of muscles but he was lanky. Kai's falcon cried out loud and he narrowed his eyes at the animal. “Tch, all because you ate a rabbit, Seriously.”

He shook his head and grabbed a letter, which Luhan had given to him. “And I have to read this letter out to the queen,” he muttered to himself and shook his head. What a drag, Sehun thought. Luhan, as much as he was king, was sometimes so chaotic and clueless and Sehun asked himself how his cousin managed to get through his life. He really could count himself as a lucky man to have someone like Hana, who wasn't as chaotic.

A knock on his door made him look up and Sehun immediately noticed the presence of one of the Elves. “Yes?” The door opened silently and again the scent of spring filled the room. “Excuse me, sir. I only want to inform you that we are leaving by tomorrow. You as the Vampires' ambassador should come with us, or not.” The Elf left and Sehun stared after him in complete confusion.

“Oh this is going to be great,” he muttered more to himself as someone else knocked on his door. This time it was easy to make out who it was. “You look miserable, Kai.”

Kai's face was dark and his mouth was just thin line of bitterness. “I am feeling miserable, Sehun.” Without any more words, the leader of the Sanguera walked over to his falcon and ran his fingers through the feather dress. “I'm going to miss you.”

All of them knew how much the falcon meant to Kai. He had been a present of a princess, Kai's princess. The princess he had killed with his own hands. “If we are lucky, they will let him alive and he can return. God, this is all just so ridiculous.”

Sehun shook his head in disbelieve of his own words. “As Luhan said, we know nothing of their society, or barely anything. All we know that they are all extremely powerful and loved by the light but other than that...” Kai shrugged while he still looked at his precious falcon.

“Sehun, please take care... and take care of him.”

Sehun patted his friend's back and nodded. “Sure. I will take care of your falcon.” Slowly, Kai turned around and stared at his friend. “What's wrong?” Kai, of course, had noticed that Sehun was thinking about something. “You think that there is something else going on, do you?” As sharp minded as ever, Sehun thought as he stepped back and walked over to the window of his room.

“I don't know. Maybe. It is just a feeling. Don't worry, I will be careful, and besides... I will not go alone. A far as I know, your brother will accompany me.” Kai's eyes widened and Sehun could hear him gasping. “What? He hasn't told me anything about that!” A chuckle came over Sehun's lips and he turned his head a bit. “I don't think he has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter