Chapter Nine.

Dragon's Mark

Kris never had a problem killing. His kills were always the same. Fast, clean, and sharp. He left no traces, but the underground knew it was him, or they knew it was the Dragon. This was no different than his usual jobs. He frowned; it had taken him all week to finally get to this point.

Today was his wedding day. Here he was dressed in his tux, his hair was done to perfection, jelled back and everything. He stared into the mirror, adjusting his tie, he looked like a model pulled straight out of a European runway.

“If you weren’t planning on killing the bride I would say you look good.” Tao teased stepping into the room looking as dashing as the groom.

“Are you still doubting me?” Kris asked. They had gone through this. He would be the one doing the killing. He would be the one holding the gun, or knife, or whatever it was. He annoyed him that s were so reluctant to trust him. They had always trusted him before, why is it different now?  

“No, but Luhan and Lay are.” The male answered casually as he fixed his hair. “But that’s the thing; they don’t want you to kill her.” Tao added. Kris raised a curious brow, if they didn’t what this why were they making him do it?  

“Because they like her, or at least they’re interested in her. She’s unique and rare. We don’t run into people like her a lot in our field. She’s not just another crime lord or black market dealer, like our usual targets. It’ll be a shame to kill her so early in the game. However I agree with Xiumin and Chen. She’s a huge threat, and we don’t need one, especially now. ” Tao responded, Kris thought that sometimes the bastard could read his mind.

“If it makes you feel better, I’m sure she’s dying for you to end her suffering.” Tao added coldly. Kris inwardly winced at how harsh those words sounded.  

“We have a problem!” Lay informed running into the room. A layer of sweat covered his skin, ruining his tux.

“Of all days.” Kris groaned remembering that he was supposed to be getting married in a few hours. “What is it?” He asked, almost wishing he didn’t when Lay replied.

EXOK’s in trouble.” Oh it, there goes the wedding.

------

“He’s not here.” Someone whispered, not-so-quietly to Jinra. The wedding planner looked around wildly before her eyes landed on Sarang. A flash of pity entered her eyes and Sarang wanted to do nothing but punch the woman in the face. She felt more stares on her, some from the bridesmaids, and some from Chairwoman Wu’s friends.

“Where is he? Find him!” Jinra ordered sending the person away.  Sarang sat there like a frozen doll as the rest of the day unfolds. There was chaos met with confusion, then anger, then pity.

The rumors spread fast, eventually all the guests heard of the news. The groom was missing. Kris Wu was gone. Hell he didn't even show up.

Kris, along with all his groomsmen was gone. Nobody knew want to do next; no one knew what to say. Chairman Wu marched down the hallways next to Sarang’s dressing room. His anger could be felt throughout the estate. The upset Chairwoman Wu walked by next, complaining about how this was a waste of time, she was complaining about how she had her hair specially done and she even wore her new shoes. She flew out to London an hour later. She had a fashion show to catch.

The bridesmaids disappeared, the disappointed guests left, and the workers gathered up to clean this mess. Jinra walked up to her, Sarang hadn’t moved an inch since she heard of her groom’s disappearance. No emotions crossed her face, nothing at all.

“I’m sorry Sarang….Truthfully I knew there were no feelings between you two; I just never thought…I never thought he wouldn’t show up.” She said sadly. “I don’t know if you care or not, but I thought there was something, even if it was only a speck, I thought I saw something between the two of you.  If only you saw his eyes when he first saw you in your wedding dress, if only…how are you holding up, dear?”

“I’m okay.” Sarang lied forcing a smile onto her face. “You can leave Jinra.” Sarang suggested. Jinra nodded leaving her alone; she left after giving clear instructions for the workers to clean everything. The flowers were wasted, the food was left untouched, the music hadn’t been play, the rings weren’t exchanged, and the vows were left unmade.  

“What did you do?” Her grandfather accused as she stomped into the room.  He made sure no one was there and no one could hear. He didn’t want to tarnish his reputation.

“Nothing.” She responds dryly, though she knows that’s a lie. A major lie actually. She could only begin to think of all the possible reasons why Kris didn't show up.

“Stand up.” He ordered. Sarang stood up from her seat; her legs were lazy from sitting down so long. She turns around to face him with cold eyes.

“What the hell do you want?” She snapped, she didn’t want to be dealing with her grandfather right now. She just wanted to see Kris, as hard as that was to admit. She wanted to know why he didn’t show up. Why did he leave her on their wedding day to face the storm all alone? She felt the pitiful stares, the upset frowns, and the wasted time.  In the end she was left, and she was punished while he walked off unharmed.

Her grandfather raised his arm, and with a force as powerful as a category five hurricane he swung his arm, directing every ounce of energy towards her. He slammed his palm against her face, rendering her speechless in shock. Pain spread from her cheek and she could feel the bruise that would form.  Quickly she masked away the pain, like always.

She didn’t want the man to have the satisfaction of knowing that he was infecting pain on her, it wasn’t only physically but both emotional and mental as well.

“This horrible brat. What did you do to drive a perfectly good man away?  How in the world did you do such a thing? I don’t know what’s wrong with you, all you had to do was- forget it, I shouldn’t expect too much from something like you. Nobody wants you.” He hissed in anger, he didn’t understand the extent of his words and how they pierced her. He stomped away leaving her alone to drench in her misery.

------

“Kris!”

Nothing.

“Yifan!”

Nothing.

“This mother ing idiot.”

Luhan hissed running over to the pissed off Dragon, grabbing him by the collar of his now ruined dress shirt. Though Luhan was much shorter and smaller than Kris, he powered over him, pushing him aside. Despite Luhan’s doe-like image he was not to be underestimated.

“You just missed your wedding.” Luhan snapped. Luhan wasn’t a fan of this arranged marriage, but even in those stereotypical stories where the groom is all “I hate my fiancée” or “I don’t even know her” or “I’m doing this for my family and our company” at least he showed up to the wedding and married the bride.  Not his friend though. Kris didn’t even get to the footsteps of the estate where he was supposed to be getting married.  Kris seems to never stop pulling out tricks and surprises.

Even if it was arranged, Luhan couldn’t help but think about how Sarang must’ve felt when Kris never showed up. Sure she seemed strong on the outside, but even the woman must have feelings, and any typical human would have been heartbroken if they were basically left stranded on their wedding day.

“Haven’t you been keeping up Luhan?” Kris retorted, “Someone was hired to kill Suho. You expect me to be getting married when the leader of EXOK, our ally, and most importantly our friend is being chase by lord knows who? No way in hell!” Kris hissed back.

He knew he was more than late, but right now he didn’t care. His loyalty to EXO came before Sarang and even his parents. He already could see the scowl on his father’s face and hear his mother’s bickering, but that didn’t matter.

Sarang’s face flashed in his mind, brushing her beautiful face aside he told himself one thing: She wouldn’t care if he showed up or not. She was probably even relieved and happy. Right?

------

Nobody wants you. Her grandfather's words repeated in her mind. Sarang deeply sighs, so what if nobody wants her. She doesn’t want them either, she tells herself, but she knows she’s lying to herself. No one can a live a life alone, with no family, no friends, and no love.  

She frowns when she realizes something, she once promised herself not to set up high expectations for Kris Wu because he would only let her down. However she never thought that he would disappoint her so much.

“Damn it you idiot, you couldn’t even bother showing up. Is marrying me really that awful?” She mumbled sadly to herself. She hesitantly pulls herself together, her cheek still stings from her grandfather’s slap.  

Slowly she walked down the corridor and into the main hall which lead to the reception area. She slowly stepped inside; she’s impressed by how beautiful the room looks. Jinra did an awesome job. The room is decorated in pale pink roses and white silk. Each table was set up beautifully. Silverware filled up the tables with a bundle of roses in the middle of each table, as the centerpiece. Lights hung down from the ceiling, each of the lights added warmth to the dimly lit room. The setting was romantic and sweet, two of the last things that would be used to describe the bride and gloom.

Sarang noticed the workers clearing up the area, but so far only half the space had been clear. Such a waste, she thought.

“Can you all get out?” She requested loudly. The workers turned their attention to her. They all nodded, leaving her alone, but not before sending her apologetic and pitiful gazes.

Sarang paced over to the stage, her wedding dress flowing along with her. She stepped on stage and towards a small laptop set on the stand, glad that the music playlist for what was supposed to be their reception hadn’t been touched. This was one of the only things she absolutely needed and requested.

She played the first song on the list; this was the same song her parents first danced to as husband and wife. She smiled sadly to herself, disappointed that she couldn’t get the same opportunity, oh well, there was only so much a girl would ask for.

She stepped down from the stage and onto the dance floor. Wrapping her arms around herself she swayed back and forth to the soothing song.

As she swayed back and forth only one thing kept repeating itself in her mind, she wanted to do anything but that, but right now it was so hard not to.

Don’t cry Sarang, just don’t cry