Chapter Thirteen

Dragon's Mark

“Where are we?” Sarang asked as they stepped out of an elevator. Kris had dragged her to a small apartment complex. It wasn’t the safest neighborhood, and greatly contrasted the current Gangnam neighborhood they were living in. 

“One of my apartments I use when I need a safe place to stay.” He replied nonchalantly as he continued to walk in front of her. She kept up with a good four to six paces behind him. 

“So this is a safe house.” She concluded. She knew something was bothering him, and she knew that something had gone wrong. He was right; this whole thing was too easy. Sarang had learned many valuable lessons while growing up, one of them was; if something isn’t as easy as it looked, it probably wasn’t. 

Kris turned the corner to the last door on the right, unlike the other shabby run-down doors this door had a built-in dial pad next to it. He opened the pad and typed in the combo, the light on the pad lit green, he grabbed the unlocked doorknob and pushed the door open. 

He didn’t bother to hold the door for her, or wait for her so she let herself in. She took a quick look at the place and concluded that he didn’t spend much time here. There was a thick layer of dust on the side table by the door. A single couch and an old rug with a small coffee table occupied the living room. She took a few more steps as Kris headed towards the small hallway which led to the bedroom. 

Sarang stood there, shuffling her feet back and forth wondering when he had brought the place, was it before he came to Korea, or after. Judging from the dust she knew that no one lived here. 

“What are you doing?” Kris asked as he walked back into the room. His blazer and shirt were off and he was left in a black muscle shirt and jeans that hung loosely on him. 

“I can ask you the same. Why are we here? Why aren’t we going back?” She asked. He ran his fingers through his already messy hair. He looked like he was deciding if he should lie to her, or tell her the truth. 

“Don’t you dare lie to me.” She snapped. 

“I feel like someone is following us. I need to make sure it’s safe before we leave. If we go back to the hideout right away we’re basically leading whoever is following us back there.” He replied. She searched his eyes for any signs of deceit, but found none. Then again, she usually couldn’t see anything in his eyes. 

“What about Luhan and Tao?” She brought up. They said they would clean up the mess, what if they ran into trouble, though she doubted that they will. 

“I already called them.” He replied, “They’re be staying somewhere else tonight while the others figure out what’s going on.” He finished. She nodded understandingly. 

“So what the hell are we supposed to do till then?” She didn’t know how long it would take the others to figure things out. Hell, she didn’t even know what it was they had to figure out.  When she noticed that Kris wasn’t replying she decided to cut the tension that had magically risen within the quick time span. Sarang loved the silence. It gave her the chance to clearly think things out. Right now however she just wanted to turn around and walk out that door. The silence was thick and uncomfortable, at least for her. 

“Do you have any clothes?” She asked. Sarang was feeling so uncomfortable in her dress and just wanted to strip the fabric off. 

“No.” He replied, he exhaled deeply before he added on, “Why?” 

“I want to change.” She answered matter-of-factly. He did a quick check through her body and she felt his scrutinizing eyes run up and down her body, only this time she didn’t feel disgusted like when Xavier did it. She saw him flinched as he looked away. 

“Wear my shirt.” He declared turning around and walking back into the bedroom before returning with his black dress shirt and throwing it in her direction. She caught it effortlessly before giving a curious glance at him. 

“Put the damn thing on.” He hissed as if he was holding back. She rolled her eyes at his nagging tone before asking where the bathroom was. He pointed down the hallway and she concluded that the bathroom door was the one opposite of the bedroom. 

She made her way to the bathroom and closed the door behind her, she sighed in relief when fresh oxygen filled her lungs. She didn’t know why but the mood in the living room was deafening and thick. She felt like Kris was in a mental battle with himself, if only she could decipher what it was he was in battle with. 

She looked at the shirt in her arm and a soft blush appeared on her face when she realized this was his. Something about this was too disturbing for her taste. It was something couples did, and she and Kris were barely a couple, just two people bond by their families’ lust for power. 

She sighed; at least it was better than wearing this dress. She stripped the dress off letting it fall to the ground, and put his shirt on. It smelt just like him; dangerous, intense, and oh-so addictive. 

Quickly bottoming the shirt up she turned to the mirror to do a good body check. The shirt reached a little above her mid-thigh, but she supposed that it was good enough, you couldn’t see her underneath at least, and it was more comfortable than her dress. 

She spun around and turned the doorknob pulling the door open. She was taken back when she found Kris standing directly in front of the door with that intense look in his eyes. “What the hell are you do-“

Before she could finished her sentence she was being pushed back into the bathroom. His large hands lay on the small of her back as he pushed her against the counter of the sink. She gazed up to his eyes and regretted it instantly when her eyes met his. 

She now understood why he looked like he was in a mental battle. She now knew the reason why. Looking in his eyes she saw the emotion clearly; lust. He was in a battle with his logical mind and the beast that lived within him. 

Before she could say anything or even react she was being lifted and placed on the counter as her fiancée attacked her neck with his lustful lips. Sarang was stunned for a second or two before he bit the spot behind her ear causing a soft moan to escape from her lips. He smiled against her skin as he continued to imprint her neck, jaw and collarbones with his kisses

Sarang shut her eyes as she ran her fingers through his blonde hair, loving how silky his hair was. Her mind was screaming at her to stop him, to push him away, to slap him, to do something, but she couldn’t. 

She whimpered feeling his hot breath against her skin as his hands made their way to the inside of her thighs, massaging her inner thighs as he pressed himself against her. 

“Ah, .” She cursed throwing her head back, unconsciously giving him more room to nibble, bite, , and kiss her soft skin. 

Using the greatest amount of strength she could muster right now, Sarang forced her eyes open, and once her eyes were open she was able to break out of the hot trance he had put her in. “Stop it. Kris, stop it.” She wanted to sound commanding and stern but her voice came off as weak and lost, lost in desire and lust. 

She pushed him away, watching as he stumbled back a few steps.  Silence followed afterwards as the two stood awkwardly in the bathroom. 

“I don’t like it,” He admitted angrily, she raised a curious brow, not understanding what he meant. Her heart felt like it was racing in a NASCAR race and she was trying to calm her body down. Kris sighed before explaining, “I don’t like it when men look at you.” He explained and she wasn’t sure how she was supposed to feel.  

He was jealous. She would had never thought that she would see him jealous, and it was because of her. She didn’t want him to feel jealous, she didn’t want him to feel anything at all. Emotional attachment was bad. 

“We need to sort this out. We need to figure out what’s really going on between us.” She stated. This, whatever this was, needed to have a firm black line to classified what was what. Sarang didn’t want any blurry lines that only confused her. 

At the same time however, she knew she was being a hypocrite because there was the smallest, slightest chance that whenever he did something nice her insides did back flips. A small part of her was satisfied knowing he was jealous.  

He scoffed at her remark, “There is nothing to sort out. It is how it’s always been, the only difference is that you’re willing to travel to the means of the universe to protect me, or so you claim.” He clarified bluntly. 

This was the answer she was waiting for, the answer she needed, so why did she feel like he just stabbed her heart? She needed to hear those words, even it they cut through her, making her bleed.  

“Then why did you kiss me?” She asked softly looking away from him. 

“Because you’re hot, and I’m a grown male with raging hormones. ” He answered, as bluntly as ever. She didn’t respond after that as they let the silence return.  Why did he have to say that, couldn’t he say something else. For a moment there she wished he wasn’t always to damn blunt. 

Sarang knew that she should be worried about other things, but she couldn’t rack her brain off of him and every little thing he said and did.  He only made her life difficult, being around him meant cutting ten years of her life. He was the leader of EXOM, he didn’t trust her, he tried killing her, he always argued with her, he loved annoying her, he always put her down, he made her feel like a lost little girl with no one to hold on to. Everything about him brought nothing but pain to her life. 

She thought that was just it, then he decides to turn around and kiss her, and just like that she falls into a pit of lust and desire. Maybe that was just it, lust, nothing else. It made sense to her, come on, he was gorgeous, and any other female would had reacted the same. So why is that her heart was still beating so fast? Why was it that every little thing he did bothered her so much? Why did she care so much?

“Oh god.” She mumbled ending the long phrase of silence. She felt Kris’s eyes on her, and this only made it worst. Realization can happen anywhere and at anytime, but she choose now, the worst possible timing ever to let the facts hit her straight in the face, mentally blowing her mind away. 

She didn’t know but somewhere in the mist of all the chaos, the untangling of webs, the killing, and the hiding, she found herself falling for this man. 

Dear lord, kill me now.