Wave.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

“How about your heartache? It doesn’t get worse, right?”

“I don’t know.”

“Cha Chi Soo!”

“Ah, Noona! Don’t yell at me! I’m not even a high schooler kid anymore.”

“It was your choice to go to China by yourself when the doctor said that you had a heart attack in the court,” she sighed and closed her eyes. “Don’t you know I was panicked until death? And you told me to keep this secret from my husband, Sehun and even Ahra? And now, I worry you every day. You don’t have to work your company in China and your company didn’t even have a great name like it used to be, we can build one here, you can use my money.”

“Errrghhh, Noona, stop nagging! My ears hurt!”

 

“You know, Ahra’s dad called me last night.”

Sehun glared at him while his mouth still munching the food, “What did he say?”

“He asked me is Ahra fine, because she rarely answer his call these days.”

“And what did you say?”

“I said… she’s… fine.” He answered carefully.

“You lied.”

“I know.” He breathed deeply. Something stuck in his heart every time he talked about Ahra, he missed her. Ahra didn’t want to answer his call, she didn’t even want to answer her dad’s call. If she’s running away, then it’s Jongin’s fault, he thought. But just like Luhan said that Cha Ahra is a strong girl, she doesn’t live in a drama world. She wouldn’t run away like that. But, who knows? “I didn’t know what to say. Uncle Chi Soo would kill me for sure if I said that I hurt his lovely daughter and I made her cried every day.”

“Honestly, I wanted to kill you when you said that you kissed In Jung and, perhaps, Ahra saw it.”

“I really acknowledged it, everybody wanted to kill me.”

 

The atmosphere inside the car was so bright, except for Ahra. Aerin and her boyfriend sat in the backseat and Ahra sat in the passenger seat, and Myungsoo’s driving the car. They’re singing to the music, and laughing, and just being a happy person, but Ahra, she’s just looking to the moving cars outside.

Finally, she decided to join them because stay alone in the dorm wouldn’t help her. She would end up zoning out and crying if she’s alone. She would think about Jongin, she would miss him, she would remember him, and then cried.

They stopped at the rest area, but Ahra didn’t want to go, so did Myungsoo. And they ended up stayed inside the car. Just two of them.

For a few minutes, they were silent, until Myungsoo started the conversation.

“Just sleep if you’re tired, I will wake you up when we’re arrived.”

She smiled bitterly, “If sleep can heal my tiredness, I’d rather sleep for the rest of my life.”

“I’m happy because it’s been a while since the last time you sat in the passenger seat beside me,” he brushed his thick hair and looked at Ahra, “Let’s enjoy this short vacation and forget him, even just for a while.”

The couple hopped into the car and Myungsoo started to drive his car again. Ahra was thinking about his words rapidly and slowly closed her eyes. In her mind, she repeatedly said:

“Let’s enjoy this short vacation and forget him, even just for a while.”

Myungsoo always looked after her, and he’s happy that finally he could feel this feeling again. The same feeling when the first time he fell in love with her, the feeling that had gone after he met Byul and became an for Ahra. Now, he remembered why he was falling in love with her.

Because this girl is precious. She might be hard on the outside, but when you found her heart, it’s weak. It made you always wanted to protect it, and love it.

Ahra woke up when she heard Aerin and Minho (her boyfriend) were shouting loudly. She saw a beautiful beach, it meant they arrived. She wasn’t as excited as the couple, but at least she tried to be excited.

“Three deluxe room, please.” Myungsoo told the receptionist.

Ahra pulled Myungsoo’s sleeve and looked at him like a little girl, “Three?”

“Do you want me to book just two rooms for them and for us?” he and it always succeeds made Ahra blushed right away.

She scoffed, “I meant, is it enough for me and Aerin and one more room for you and Minho? Why three?”

Myungsoo signed some papers and took the keys with him, he tossed two keys to Minho and started walking with his arms around Ahra’s shoulder. “Because the couple wanted one room for them, you know, what would couple do in a hotel room? And then one for you and one for us, because I knew that you wouldn’t want to share a room with me.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t. Where’s my key? I wanted to take a rest.” Myungsoo handed the key to her and she walked faster than him, leaving Myungsoo behind.

He stopped, and smiled at her back. He’s happy even though he knew that on her mind and on her heart, it will be always Jongin. He’s irreplaceable for her.

After locking the door, she threw herself to the bed and stared at the ceiling. She put her hands up and saw Jongin’s bracelet on her wrist. She remembered that he gave her this treasure when he was going to Japan for his sister’s concert.

His treasure.

He gave her his treasure.

And he dumped the treasure.

It’s difficult for her to forgive Myungsoo, and it’s even more difficult for her to forgive Jongin. She didn’t know why. She missed Jongin but if she saw his face, all the bad memories would come.

The reason why she rarely answers her dad’s call was because  she’s not in a good mood these days, she’s easily crying for nothing and she didn’t want her dad to hear it. Even when she missed her dad, she’d cried all night long.

She didn’t want her dad to know that she’s hurt, her heart hurt.

“Ahra! Let’s go surfing! Don’t waste the weather!” Aerin shouted behind the door and it made Ahra jumped.

“Five minutes!”

She changed her clothes to pink colored bikini and walked to the lobby where Aerin, Minho and Myungsoo waited for her. Aerin was wearing a peach colored bikini with her boyfriend who’s sticking to her like he didn’t want to let her go.

Myungsoo smiled and grabbed her hand, and he led her to walk like the old times.

They were separated because the couple (as always) needed private time, and Ahra ended up stuck with Myungsoo. She didn’t know what to do, she just played with the sand and looked at the beach. Looking at the people who are happily playing in the water.

“You’re beautiful.”

Ahra looked at him, but she didn’t even give him a smile, “Hmmm.”

Myungsoo held her hand, “Let’s go surfing. You can scream whatever stuck in your throat and be happy. Be the carefree Ahra that I knew. Be the happy Ahra that I loved.”

He gave her a surfboard and led her to the beach, “Did you remember about out last holiday before we broke up? We came to this beach, right? And you surfed crazily, you’re like a pro surfer and you enjoyed it. Let’s do it and free your mind.”

She nodded and slowly walked to the water. Finally, she ran and approached the waves. When she finally found the right time, she surfed the waves and shouted happily. She repeated it many times and she didn’t know why suddenly her mind was free and it’s lighter.

Myungsoo was very happy seeing this side of Ahra. He’s tired of her gloomy side and he really wanted to throw it away, but it’s difficult, the one who made her gloomy side was him.

“Myungsoo! Did you see that?! I won over that big wave!” she said, excitedly.

He nodded and patted her head, “Do it again.”

And for a while, she finally forgot about her problems. Ahra now remembered why she was falling in love with Myungsoo. It’s because the freedom that he gave to her. Because the freedom that always made Ahra’s day.

The freedom that in the end, made Myungsoo was too free to cheat on her with her best friend.

Unlike Myungsoo, Jongin’s so strict with her. She couldn’t even do things without him, she had to stick with him like she could live with him. He always told Ahra not to do this and that. He always afraid that Ahra would cheat on him.

But in the end, he was the one who cheated on her.

The boys always used things that they gave to the girls.

 

She’s tired after surfing crazily and fell asleep easily. But in the middle of the night she woke up, and remembered something. She remembered Jongin. She missed Jongin.

She her phone and looked at the date and time, she sighed, and turned off the phone.

Walked soullessly, she stopped at the beach and sat on the sand. She really needed a time to think, think about nothing, think about the solution that she had never found.

The wave’s sound was so peaceful in her ear as she closed her eyes and,

“Happy birthday our Jongin. Happy birthday to you!” Taeyeon, his mom and dad made a little surprise for him in the middle of the night but as usual, he didn’t get surprised.

“The candle! The candle!”

“Make a wish before you blow it!”

He smiled a little when he saw his sister and his mother argued for this little thing. He closed his eyes and started to make a wish. If this was his birthday, then…

“Jongin is still sleepy, Dad.”

“Seemed like our surprise didn’t work, right?”

“Happy birthday, honey. Wish you all the best.” Jongin’s mom hugged him and her youngest son’s hair. They gave him their wish and left the room, because they knew that Jongin doesn’t like to be disturbed when he’s sleepy.

When the family left his room, he took his phone and dialed a number that he always called.

“Happy birthday, Ahra.”

She was froze when Myungsoo suddenly popped out of nowhere, holding a cupcake with a little candle. He approached her and sat in front of her, “Make a wish and blow the candle.”

She smiled and closed her eyes, she was thinking about Jongin’s birthday. They have the same birthday yet they couldn’t celebrate it together like their plan back then. She shed tears and Myungsoo quickly wiped it away, “Don’t cry in your birthday.” And he hugged her.

“Was it your plan? To bring me here?”

“Hmm.”

“Thank… thank you…” she sobbed and couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. Myungsoo hugged her tighter and her hair. He knew that he wasn’t the one that Ahra wanted to be on her side on her birthday. But at least, she wasn’t alone on her birthday.

 

“Today’s our birthday, why I can’t be with you?”

***

28k6flk.jpg

 

a/n; hellooo! mind to check my newest story? the title is 'Sincerity' starring Sehun, /yeay!!!/ /yippie!!!/ /squeals/ /yehet/ a girl named Sora and Lu Han /yoohoooooo!!!!/ give it your support and thank you^^ for the story just click here --> SINCERITY