Bull.

Rose's Thorns

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo sat beside Ahra who was daydreaming on the side of the river.

But Ahra stood up and walked, avoided Myungsoo, she needed a time to be alone and to think. She kept walking, and Myungsoo kept following her from behind. Myungsoo knew that Ahra wasn’t feeling well, she was sad and she needed someone beside her. Although Myungsoo knew, he wasn’t the one that Ahra needs. Although he knew that in the end of the time Ahra would always avoiding him, released his hug and rejected his offer.

All that Ahra needed was a peace and an advice on how does she do now. Should she believe about what Hyomin said, or still believe in Jongin. If Hyomin was right, then what’s the difference between Jongin and Myungsoo?

The tears fallen down, her legs were shaking and she couldn’t even walk properly. Finally she kneeled down, crying with her head down. Myungsoo just frozen as he saw Ahra. His heart hurt so badly when he remembered about what he did to Ahra back then.

Did Ahra cry when he hurt her? Did Ahra hurt like what he felt right now?

Myungsoo hugged Ahra tightly, made her crying on his hug. When Ahra didn’t hug him back, it made him hurt. And even when she’s weak, she didn’t want to hold on Myungsoo.

“I don’t care if you just come to me when you’re hurt; or alone. Because for me, it’s hurt to see when you’re crying alone than crying when I hug you. At least I could pay that all, what I had to do in the past to you when you needed me.”

And Ahra still didn’t want to hold on him. Just Jongin on her mind, and just Jongin who she needed right now. Myungsoo’s words just made her more hysterical when she remembered that it’s not her first time to be hurt by someone who she loved the most.

Myungsoo helped Ahra to stand up and wiped her tears, “Don’t cry. As I remembered, you’ve never cried back then.”

“As I remembered, she’s still my girlfriend.” Jongin suddenly walked closer and dragged Ahra along with him. But Ahra jerked his hand and didn’t hold on anyone. “I don’t tell you to choose, I tell you to go with me!”

“Let her choose, with who she will go!”

“Stop it, both of you!” She yelled in between her tears, “I’m not in my mood to watch your fight. And don’t run after me!” Ahra walked faster, leaving the river to the bus stop. She needed time to be alone, not to hear the fight between Myungsoo and Jongin.

“Stop following me around, little kid.” Myungsoo said. “If you like me, sorry, but I’m straight.”

Jongin smirked, “You are not funny, at all.” And he walked to his car, so did Myungsoo.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongin. But Ahra said that she doesn’t want to meet anyone, especially you.”

Jongin took a really deep breath, “It’s okay. Thank you Mrs. Oh.”

“Okay. Whatever your problem is, make up, and be patient. Ahra has a hard head but if you know how to face it, she would be lovely.”

And Jongin already knew that from the first time he met Ahra.

 

From: Jongin

Don’t you aware that it’s December? I’m freezing outside.

 

From: Jongin

Come out from your cage and meet me.

 

From: Jongin

At least reply to one of my text.

 

From: Jongin

What if I die.

 

From: Jongin

I really need a jacket.

 

A smile knotted from Jongin’s lips when he saw Ahra came out from her house, holding a jacket for him. They didn’t talk, just exchanged glance from the distance. Suddenly tears down to Ahra’s cheeks slowly and it made Jongin walked closer to her, to hug her and to make sure that she didn’t froze.

“I missed you.” Ahra sobbed as she punched Jongin’s chest with her weak fists.

Jongin her hair lovingly and kissed it, “I missed you too, idiot.” He hugged her tightly like he didn’t want to lose her. “I don’t want to promise that I won’t be jealous anymore because, damn, it’s so difficult for me. You’re pretty, worthy and you’re just one. I don’t want someone to snatch you from me.”

“At least let me socialize with people. Let me make friends.”

Jongin didn’t answer her because he knew that he would be jealous on her if she talked with someone else, if she laughed because someone else and if she’s happy with someone else; and not Jongin.

 

“Do your parents know that you’re going to move?” The Chairwoman asked as she checked the papers that Ahra gave to her. “No. but I will tell them.”

The Chairwoman took off her glasses and closed the map. She sat more comfortably and looked straight to Ahra. “I mean, do your dad know?”

“They don’t let me to visit my dad and they said that my Dad will be free in no time. I will tell him later.”

“Then you have to move later. Case closed.”

“But, please,” Ahra begged to her, “I know that my Dad, my Aunt and my Uncle –and even Jongin wouldn’t let me to move to the dorm but I’ve thought about it for a long time. I want to move because I don’t want to such a burden for my family. Please understand me, ma’am.”

She thought that Ahra’s still Ahra whom she usually saw in the headline news, but she was wrong. Cha Ahra who begged in front of her was different. She was changed to be better. “Okay then, but promise me you won’t break the rules in the dorm.”

“I’m not the rules breaker anymore, ma’am.”

 

“No, Cha Ahra. You’re not moving anywhere! We are your family!”

Ahra sighed, she knew that her Aunt would said that and she prepared many words to tell her. “Aunty, the chairwoman just signed the papers. I really have to move, please.”

“But, why? You’re just like my own daughter. You don’t have to move, this is your home, Cha Ahra.”

“Because dad is going to be free soon and the secretary said that as soon as he set his free, he will take the company in China that he abandoned back then. He wanted to live there but he didn’t want me to move with him. He said that Uncle Oh spent a lot of money to make me study in Myung In and I couldn’t leave just like that.” Ahra held her aunt’s hand and smiled, “Let me be more mature. Let me know what’s life. I will visit you every weekend, aunty.”

Mrs. Oh hugged her and cried, “You’re still hard-headed brat that I know, Cha Ahra.”

 

“Let me move to dorm too.”

“No, Jongin. Your mom needs you!” Ahra scolded the boy but he wouldn’t listen.

“But I need you –“

 

From: Myungsoo

Aerin said that she already knew that you will be her roommate.

 

Jongin snatched her phone and read the text, “Oh. He knew? He knew that you’re moving to the dorm and you just told me right now? Is he that important?”

“Gosh, Jongin! My roommate is his friend and I don’t know how to contact her except from Myungsoo. You started again.”

“I didn’t start it. We rarely met these days, you’re always busy. You rarely answer my calls and now you suddenly said that you are going to move? I asked you, who started it? Who started our fight?”

“You.”

Ahra crossed her arms, “I have my own reason and nobody has to know it. Everybody has secret.”

Yes, Jongin still didn’t know that Ahra’s working in a burger place now. She didn’t want Jongin to know, yet, because Jongin would be against it just like her family. Nobody knows about her part-time job, but when the time comes, she will tell them.

They rarely met because of her classes and her job. She rarely answers his calls because when she’s working, she placed her phone in the locker. When she arrived home, she has to study. She didn’t want to be stupid forever. She is not smart but at least she’s trying not to be stupid.

“Do you really have to hide everything from me? Are you cheating on me?”

“As I remembered you’re the one who always hiding secrets from me. You still has In Jung’s photo on your camera and you didn’t tell me.”

He gripped on her arm, “As I remembered you’re still my girlfriend.”Jongin didn’t want to loosen his grip even though Ahra was already whining. “But what did you do? Hugging with your ex when I wasn’t around?”

“At least I don’t sleep around with random . You are such a man-.”

Jongin gripped on her even tighter, “Wow, your words are so polite.”

“You don’t say that it’s true nor wrong, so, you’re really sleeping around with crazy es.”

“No.”

“That’s not a question. Get your hands off me, it’s dirty. You touched ’s with that.”

“You have a short temper, chill out, Cha Ahra. Let me explain to you.” Jongin begged to her. He knew that he was wrong but he didn’t know how to say that he was wrong. That’s two different things.

“I don’t. I just have a quick reaction to bull.”

***

 

A/N; i tried my best, okay.