So Near Yet So Far.

Rose's Thorns

When they walked to the police station, their eyes were glued to Kang Ji Sung who’s sitting in front of the police with his head down. He looked so thin and even thinner than Cha Chi Soo. His face which isn’t young anymore looked so pale, his clothes were dirty like he never changed it.

Whatever happened to Kang Ji Sung, Ahra didn’t want to care, because for now the only thing that she wanted to do just to insult Ji Sung in front of his face. But Jongin held her, made Ahra stayed beside him. Ahra knew that Jongin was still angry at her, Ahra knew that Jongin still haven’t forgiving her and it made her quite. She really appreciates Jongin who’s still angry at her but he stayed here for her.

The police didn’t let them to meet Kang Ji Sung and he still can’t set up as a suspect until further examination. Cha Chi Soo still had to follow a few sessions before he set his free.

“Drive Ahra, I have to stay here for a while.” Mr. Kim said as he gave Jongin the keys, “I will take the taxi later.” And he walked inside to a hall with his policemen friends.

Jongin without said anything just walked straight to his car and Ahra was like given a signal by Jongin that she had to follow him. They walked without words, hopped into the car without words and remained silent on the trip.

“I’m sorry.” Ahra opened the conversation with her head down. She didn’t dare to look at Jongin when he’s mad, because Ahra was too coward, she’s afraid that Jongin wouldn’t forgive her.

Jongin focused to the road and didn’t answer her.

Ahra knew, and even the whole world knew that Jongin wouldn’t forgive her that easily. But Ahra wouldn’t give up. Ahra knew that it wasn’t her fault, she didn’t cheat at him, she didn’t love Myungsoo anymore, so what’s she afraid of?

She’s afraid, what if Jongin wouldn’t trust and forgive her anymore.

When they arrived in front of the house, Jongin didn’t say anything. He just quiet and waited Ahra to leave the car but she didn’t leave. She waited Jongin to forgive her.

“If you don’t want to leave my car, okay then.” And Jongin opened the door, but Ahra pulled his arm, tried to make Jongin look at her eyes which was already teary.

“I said sorry, didn’t you hear that?”

Jongin let go of her hand, “I heard that, what you want?”

“Did I do something really wrong? Did I cheat? I explained all to you, wasn’t that enough for you? Were you that jealous?”

Jongin laughed and it sounded sarcastic, “I’m not the jealous type, but what is mine is mine!”

“What do I do? Resign from Myung In? For ing sake, I didn’t know that he’s there!”

Ahra left the car and ran to the house. Jongin felt like a sin, like a coward who didn’t know how to catch her. But his pride was more expensive than everything he had; he stayed on the car, thinking what should he do next.

The sun shines brightly through Ahra’s window which still closed. She’s late, of course, after cried so hard all night long and she couldn’t sleep. She had a business class today at 8 and now the clock just strike to 7.45. Even wait for the bus need 15 minutes, because Jongin wouldn’t fetch her today.

After took a shower and getting ready, she ran downstairs without eat her breakfast. But her eyes were glued to someone who’s standing in front of the car, someone who she missed the most.

Someone who’s near yet so far.

“Jongin?”

“Get in, we’re late.” And she nodded, entered the car. He’s still cold and didn’t talk to her. Ahra knew that he’s still mad at her but she didn’t understand why he still wanted to wait her and go with her. Ahra didn’t understand what’s inside his brain.

They walked in the corridor and when they had to go the different classes, Ahra just keep quiet as she held Jongin’s arm tightly.

“Can we talk after the class?” Jongin didn’t answer her and he let go of her hand. The farther Jongin walked, the more Ahra wanted to hug him. The more Ahra wanted to say that she missed Jongin.

Good thing was they didn’t meet Myungsoo today, he might had a shooting or a work. Because if they met Myungsoo, Jongin would be angrier.

After the class, Ahra waited in front of his class by herself. Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulder, made Ahra jumped a little and looked at him. “Oh? Luhan?”

“I didn’t know you’re here!”

“I didn’t know either.”

Honestly, Ahra was afraid, what if Jongin saw them and think wrongly? But she’s just talking with her friend, right?

“Where’s Jongin?”

And the worst happened, Jongin walked off his class and saw Ahra and Luhan. “I thought we have to talk or was that you and him that have to talk?” and Jongin pulled Ahra, leaving the place.

Luhan just smiled seeing Jongin who’s still the same Jongin. Chanyeol walked to him and tapped the shorter guy's back. “What happened?”

“Jongin thought that I was crazy enough to steal Ahra from him.”

Chanyeol laughed out loud even Luhan thought that what he said wasn’t funny at all, “I thought you liked her?”

“Yes, but I don’t want to steal her from my friend. Jongin’s too obsessed at her.”

*

 

“Couldn’t we have a nicer way to talk instead of dragging me here and there?” Jongin crossed his arms and looked at her coldly, “What do you want to say, say now.”

“Do you aware, how many times we fought this week? And we didn’t have a proper ‘sorry’ from each other? Aren’t you tired? Because, yes, I’m tired!”

“You’re tired of me? What do you want? Break up?”

“Oh my Lord!” Ahra said with a higher pitch, at first she didn’t want to fight with Jongin but the way he said that made Ahra mad. “That’s not what I mean!”

“Say, what do you want?”

“I just want to have a proper sorry from our lips, I just want to have a normal relationship with you, and I just want you to be the old Jongin for me. Even though you’re jerk and an back then, you’re even better than now. We fought for even the littlest thing we did, Jongin. We are so near yet so far.”

That’s right, even for a little problem, they would fight. The fight wouldn’t last long but it happened often. They needed to fix their ego but it’s the hardest thing for them to do.

Jongin was an .

Ahra was an .

When two s met, the worst thing happened.

“Let’s separate for a while and think what we have to fix. I think when we’re separated, we will know who’s the person that we really miss, right?”

This wasn’t that Ahra wanted. Not to be separated with him. Not to be without him. But his words were right, they needed to think about their problems. And Ahra needed to support her dad more.

“Okay then.”

Jongin grabbed Ahra’s hand, “We’re separated for a while and it’s for our sake, not break up. Do you understand the difference?”

She didn’t answer him, she didn’t get it.

“I mean, we’re still in a relationship and don’t you dare to stick with that Myungsoo guy!”

“You’re unbelievable, Kim Jongin.”

*

 

Ahra spent her day without Jongin and she felt empty. She missed him, so much. But she couldn’t do anything. Jongin said that he need a time and she had to give him the time. She’s too tired for fight but missing Jongin was even more tired than fighting with him.

“Oh good thing is you broke up with Kim Jongin our hot guy?” Hyomin suddenly leaned to a locker beside Ahra’s.

“Who are you?”

Hyomin and her friend looked down to Ahra like she’s the boss here. “Im Hyomin the one that you bullied in middle school, you sprayed perfume to my food, you stepped on my hair and… should I say that all?” Ahra frowned, she didn’t remember Hyomin. She remembered that she bullied people but she didn’t remember this one. “And she’s Park Minah, the one that you bullied in high school when you were still the princess and the rich Cha Ahra, remembered?”

She didn’t remember Hyomin because it was so long ago but she remembered Minah. She threw mashed potato to her face in the canteen back then.

“Of course you wouldn’t remember, according to the number of people that you bullied back then.”

“What do you want?”

“I just want to say something at your face.” She crossed her arms and walked closer to Ahra, “Your lovely boyfriend asked me to sleep with him last night but I refused him, because, I don’t want to use something after you.” She laughed sarcastic, “And welcome to the real world when you will get your karma. You’re not the rich Cha Ahra, you don’t have anything and even Jongin, he didn’t want you anymore. Eat that, Cha Ahra!”

"And welcome to the real world where you became the , Yoomin!"

"My name is Hyomin, not Yoomin, you !"

"Oops, you are too y that my brain don't even want to remember your name."

Hyomin clenched her first and walked passed Ahra with her friend. Ahra felt lighter yet sadder. She still had that thing to fight over someone, to throw back their words and made their lips paralyzed because of her sharp words. But she couldn't do it with Jongin. She always lose when she was with him. And she did not know why. Just because.

Ahra didn’t know what to do, she wanted to cry, she wanted to yell, and she wanted to… hug Jongin. But she hated him.

He told her to not stick with Myungsoo yet he asked random girl to sleep with him. He’s not fair. Jongin’s selfish. Jongin’s an . He said that they’re not break up, they just separate to think but he asked Hyomin to sleep with him. Did he go to the club and drunk? Did he sleep with random girls when he’s not with Ahra?

Ahra changed her clothes to her uniform and started to stand in front of the cashier machine. She needed to forget Jongin for a while. She needed a rest. She needed Jongin.

Ahra was strong enough to hold her tears because she didn’t to cry over him anymore. He didn’t need her while she needed him the most. When the sun goes down and she had to take a bus to reach home, she held back her tears. When she entered her room and hugged her pillow… she cried… all night long.

Crying over Jongin.

Crying over everything.

***

comment? Subscribe? Upvotes? I will appreciates that, a lot.

i didnt update for few days, right? I was busy, i'm sorry.

and i hoped i will see your comment bellow