Reunion.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

“Give me the remote, Sehun!” Ahra tried to reach Sehun’s height but she’s failed, well, that kid is very tall. Sehun just switched the TV station with his flat expression. When Ahra gave up and sat on the couch with her hands crossed in front of her chest, she pouted. The tall one seemed didn’t care about the drama that Ahra wanted to watch because he just casually switched it to another program. When Yoonhun suddenly ran to the front door, both Sehun and Ahra knew that someone’s coming.

Jongin closed the door as he carried Yoonhun as if he’s his own brother. Ahra just imagined on how Jongin would be a dad, he would be nice and soft dad unlike his cold appearance and his somewhat bad attitude. Because Jongin loved kids and he’s lovable, just like the kids.

Jongin sat beside Ahra and gave her a little peck on her cheek, Ahra quickly wiped it away and slapped Jongin’s upper arm, “We’re with Yoonhun, don’t do it!”

“At least you kissed me first when we were together without someone else.” Ahra’s cheeks became redder and pinched Jongin, hard. But Jongin just laughed and gave her another peck.

“Tch, gross. Come on, Yoonhun!” and Sehun carried Yoonhun to his room, leaving the couple in the living room.

Jongin circled his arms around Ahra and started kissed her on her forehead, her eyes, her nose, her cheeks and her lips. They were enjoying their kiss as Jongin started to hovered her on top but suddenly,

“A package for Ms. Cha.” A currier pressed the bell and shouted outside the house.

Jongin just rolled his eyes, “I knew this situation well.” He leaned in the couch and crossed his arms in front of his chest. He promised to Ahra to control his jealously but it’s not as easy as he thought because every time he heard that name, he would be jealous. Every time something happened and it’s about him, he would be jealous…and got into a fire, even though he would hold it in front of Ahra. The girl was dominating him and controlled everything about him because Jongin loved her so much and he didn’t want her to leave him like she left…

“Myungsoo, again.” The girl sighed and placed the roses in the vase which is full filled with the other roses from Myungsoo. He sent her roses every day even though he didn’t give it directly to her because he knew that Ahra would shoo him out. “I always told the currier to tell Myungsoo that I don’t want to receive flowers from him again yet he’s still the stubborn Myungsoo that I knew.”

“And you always placed the roses in the same vase.”

“You know, I love–“

Jongin cut her words, “Roses.”

“Hey! You haven’t given me any roses, note that!”

“I don’t want to give you any roses because that had given it to you, almost every day. Note that!”

Ahra walked closer to her boyfriend and sat beside him. She circled her arms in his middle and rested her head in his wide chest, “You’re jealous again, Kim Jongin.”

“I am.”

She leaned closer and captured his lips with hers, she cupped his face with her palm and then she titled her head to get the comfortable position. Jongin couldn’t hold back himself anymore, in the end of the day; he would be always forgiving her.

It’s not their first love, it’s not their first kiss, it’s not their first experience yet it felt like the first for them. When they saw each other, their heart would skip a bit. When they kissed each other, they would feel an electricity thing ran through their body. When they wanted to sleep, they always wanted to wake up as early as they could because for them, the reality was more beautiful than their dream, because they had each other in the reality. Some things in the relationship wouldn’t be as beautiful as it in the movies, but it will make them to be more and more mature.

When they were fighting, it would make one of them to think and apologize. Something that they didn’t want to do; apologize, but sometimes, they had to do it. And the other one had to accept it. That’s the ‘completing each other’ thing.

The similar ringtone disturbed their kiss, again, but at this time Ahra wasn’t sure if she had to answer the phone or…

“Answer it,” Jongin told her and smiled. “She might need you right now.” The shorter one just nodded and answered the phone, she didn’t talk until she heard the different voice from the other line.

“Aunty?”

“Yes, just wait, okay?”

Ahra stood up panicky but Jongin reached her hand, “What’s happening?”

“Byul’s Mom wanted to talk with me, Byul’s in the emergency room.” Even though she admitted to everyone that she didn’t want to care about Byul again but her eyes couldn’t lie, it showed something called love. Of course she loved her bestfriend, it’s a friend that lived with her for almost 17 years old. They shared every secrets in their life, they shared everything. Even though Byul had hurt her.

“I will drive you there.”

She smiled to her boyfriend and hugged him, “Thanks.”

“Anytime, Ahra.”

 

As they arrived in front of the emergency room, the cold and gloomy atmosphere greeted the couple. Byul’s mom stood up and hugged Ahra as she reached her and she cried in Ahra’s arms. “What happened, aunty?” She didn’t answer, just crying.

“Calm her down, I will take a glass of water. Wait here.” Jongin patted her head and walked away to find a glass of water for Byul’s mom. Ahra made her sit in the stool and looked at her sad eyes. She didn’t know what happened with Byul but she knew that it’s not a good thing.

“Byul is three weeks pregnant and she’s fainted because she tried too hard to kill the baby.” The mom cried, again. Ahra couldn’t believe what she just heard from her, it’s hard to believe. Byul is pregnant? But who’s the father? Could it be…? “And I don’t know who’s the father of the baby.”

Jongin arrived in the right time and quickly he gave the glass of water to her to calm him down. He sat beside Ahra and squeezed her free hand, signaling that whatever happened to Byul that he didn’t know, she would be fine, everything would be fine. That’s the exact words that Jongin always said when Ahra had a problem.

“Does she know it? About the father?”

“I don’t know either, she haven’t awake yet.” Byul’s mom placed the glass in the stool next to her and looked at the couple, “Would you like to talk with her? And ask anything or just calm her down? Because I’m afraid that she doesn’t want to meet me…yet.” Ahra nodded in agreement so did Jongin. “And, do you know who’s her boyfriend…he might be the father right? And… is it just me or you and Byul were rarely together these days? And… is this nice guy your new boyfriend? You broke up with Myungsoo already?”

Both Jongin and Ahra froze in the moment, Byul’s mom didn’t know anything. She didn’t know anything at all. The affair thing, the broke up thing and the fight thing. And Ahra knew that she shouldn’t tell her any bad thing right now.

“Well, we’re still keep in contact but since I moved to the new school we rarely meet, and yes I broke up with Myungsoo because…we decided to be a friend and about her boyfriend… I don’t know about her current boyfriend…I’m not sure who’s is he.” She lied about everything to Byul’s mom. Jongin caressed her hand and smiled to her. His girlfriend did a good job. It’s a white lie, right?

“You changed a lot, Ahra.” Byul’s mom patted her head and she replied it with a sweet smile. She knew what’s the meaning of the older word. Byul’s mom knew well about Ahra’s past and her bad attitude back then, her cold gaze and her dark aura, but at this time, she felt something different from her. When Ahra talked to her, it’s different from usual, it’s nicer and more sincere.

Ahra walked away to get a room, leaving Jongin who’s awkwardly talking with Byul’s mom. She took her phone and called the guy, waited to be answered.

“Wow! Hello, Ahra! Have you received my roses?”

“Byul is three weeks pregnant, you stupid !” she just yelled at him without thinking twice and made the guy in the other line shocked. “You made her pregnant and then you left her, huh? Who do you think you are?”

“Wait, I admitted it that I did it many times with her, but I always used protection, you know.”

“Eat that , Kim Myungsoo! Don’t you dare to show your damn face in front of me before you face her mother!”

“But it’s definitely not my baby, why would I?”

“She tried to kill the baby many times, and if the baby is yours, I will never forgive you.” And she hangs up the phone before Myungsoo could give her an explanation. Ahra didn’t know if the baby is his or not, she wasn’t sure about that, but Myungsoo was her last boyfriend, right? He might be the father…he might be not.

The nurse came out of the room and told them that Byul’s already awake. And it’s time for Ahra to face her, with all of her brave, she opened the door and saw her bestfriend was lying there with her swallowed eyes. She knew that Byul cried many times, she must cry hard.

“Ahra…” her soft voice could be heard in Ahra’s ears as her gaze softened. Her bestfriend was weak and she’d always be. She’s not as bold and strong as Ahra, she would always be the one who cried first and asked for a help to Ahra. Ahra hugged her slowly and cried, so did Byul. Jongin almost tearing up when he saw the reunion of the bestfriend. The scene was too touched.

“Say it, Byul. Who’s the father?”

Byul didn’t answer her, she looked down and rubbed her own stomach which is filled with an innocent baby. She sniffed and quickly wiped the tears away, took a one deep breath.

 

 

“You know, Taemin –“

“Lee… Lee Taemin? But… how?”

Lee Taemin was Byul’s first love in high school and he’s her senior back then. She was over heels to him but she didn’t have a brave to tell him that she loved him, she just let him go and she was broken up at that time. But fate and time brought him back to her…

“I… I went to the club after I fought and broke up with Myungsoo. I was really depressed and I drank a lot of alcohol, before I got drunk, someone approached me… and it’s Taemin… it’s really Taemin.” She took a breath and wiped her tears, again. Jongin and Ahra just listened to her story diligently with their hands in each other’s. “And we were drunk… and I think, it happened just like that. I woke up in his apartment, I was shocked, Ahra… I really was… before he wake up, I left him and I didn’t even dare to come to his apartment again… ever… and when I got pregnant, I knew it, the baby is… his baby.” She sobbed and covered her own face. She’s ashamed, she’s angry, she’s sad, but she couldn’t do anything, she’s too weak to do it. “I wanted to go there and tell him that I’m carrying his baby… but I’m too coward… I’m afraid, Ahra. I’m afraid.” Ahra hugged her and calmed her down, Byul’s still crying and she couldn’t stop. She wanted to kill the baby or… she wanted to kill herself.

“Tell me that jerk’s address, now!”

“But –“

“Do you want to kill this innocent baby? You’re out of your mind, Byul! You just have to tell him, just like that!”

“No, Ahra. Don’t –“

“Trust me, the guy will come here in less than an hour and take care of you and your baby.” Jongin finally let out a sentence and it made Ahra proud of him. She really proud of her boyfriend, of her kind-hearted boyfriend. Despite his cold look, annoying attitude and childish behavior, he has that warm heart in the real him.  

 

“This is it,” Ahra pressed the bell and in no time, a tall guy with dark-brown hair, transparent eyes and milky skin opened the door for them. The guy shocked when he saw Ahra and a guy in front of him.

“Ahra? Tell me –“

Ahra slapped him before he could finish his sentence, “ you! Why you did it to her? You didn’t think about her heart!” Jongin wrapped his arms around her shoulder and chill her down as he gave the guy who has similar appearance with him a cold gaze.

“Did what?! Where’s Byul? Tell me, Ahra! Tell me!” he shook her shoulder but Jongin threw his hand away off his girlfriend.

“Watch out of my girlfriend!”

“If you mean why I had to have a with her in the club, why I had to approach her, it’s because I loved her. You know, since in the high school I always loved her but I was too coward to tell her. When I saw her in the club, I felt like God loved me to give the chance… to meet her again.”

“I don’t buy your damn ,” her pitch was even higher than before, “she’s three weeks pregnant, she tried to kill the baby many times, she’s depressed, she’s in the hospital right now and you told me that you loved her? What the are you talking about, huh? If you loved her, you wouldn’t leave her like that!”

“What? Wait? She’s pregnant? I… I didn’t know, Ahra. And I didn’t lie to you… I… I loved her… and I didn’t leave her, she left me at that time. I tried to contact her but I don’t even have her number, I don’t know about her friend except you yet I don’t know how to contact you. You know it’s hard to believe but I tried to find her, Ahra! And if she’s pregnant, I will take care of her and our baby, I will marry her!” Taemin closed his eyes and messed with his fluffy hair in depression, “Where’s she? Where’s Byul and my baby?”

 

  In the ride home, both Jongin and Ahra didn’t talk. Ahra didn’t want to talk… yet… and Jongin didn’t want to disturb her. He knew that Ahra was down, he knew that Ahra needed a hug but at this time, he should be quite and just focus to the road.

Ahra just looked at the window, her mind wasn’t with her body. She wanted to cry but she’s too tired, today was unexpected day for her. She didn’t expect that she had to meet Byul again in this kind of condition. “You know, I’m failed to be a bestfriend to her. I… I’m… at everything.” She sighed and looked at her feet.

“You know, you did a good job today.”

She looked at him in confused and the guy just gave her a one sweet smile, “I don’t think I did.”

“It’s okay, Taemin is there for her and please, Ahra, I know you care about her a lot but could you please forget this for a while? Tomorrow is… our college entrance exam. Let’s focus, okay?”

Ahra almost forget about the college entrance exam today. Today is the day. The day that will decides their future.

Jongin stopped in front of her house and unlocked the door, he leaned closer and kissed her forehead. He cupped her face and her cheeks with his thumbs, “You’re always be the best, note that!” and the girl just nodded as he gave her the last peck on her lips. When she was about to closed the door, Jongin’s words caught her.

“The guy named Taemin looked similar to me, isn’t he?” he chuckled, “You and Byul really have a similar taste, even for a boy.”

“Moron.” And she slammed the door, she walked with a bright and light her to her room. Thanks to Kim Jongin.  

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

A/N; holyyyyyyyy that was a hard time just to upadate because i (stupidly) accidentaly touched the back button....and.....the update was deleted twice and i had to edit it again and again. I think i just aged 10 years.

And please (i dont mind if you think im being obsessed, whatever) please vote this story just click the arrow, it helps me, A LOT. subscribe and drop your comment. I'd glad to see ur support.

(Wow the subscribers...thank you)