Trust.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

“Wow, someone’s smile seems even brighter than the sun.” Mrs. Oh teased the bright girl as she arrived in the kitchen, pulling a chair in front of Ahra.

“Of course, Mom. Ahra has a new boyfriend now and he’s Mr. Kim’s youngest son.” Sehun joined teasing Ahra, spreading the strawberry jam on his bread.

Ahra choked on her milk, she slapped Sehun’s arms. “I don’t have any boyfriend!”

 

Meanwhile outside the house…

 

Myungsoo’s standing there in front of Ahra’s house, holding a bouquet of red roses. He doesn’t know that Jongin has confessed first yesterday even though there’s still no answer from Ahra. Myungsoo wants to fix and heal Ahra’s heart even though there’s impossible for it now.

 

“She’s my girlfriend now,” Jongin said as he arrived in front of the house, he tried to be calm as he could when he saw Myungsoo holding a big bouquet of red roses meanwhile himself is just a high school student who doesn’t have much money except from his parents.

Before Myungsoo could answer him, Ahra came out of the house, shocked seeing two guys in front of her. Two guys who made her confused. “Sorry but I don’t have a time to have a fight with either of you, I have to go to school.”

“Is that right? He’s your new boyfriend?” and his sentence made Ahra stopped her step. Myungsoo’s hurt, he’s disappointed by her. When he wanted to change just for her, when he wanted to fix the condition and when he wanted to give his whole heart for her, she loved someone else.

Ahra didn’t answer, just paralyzed in her position, looking down to the ground.

“Oh, that’s right. Thank you, Ahra. I thought you really give me a chance but no, it’s senseless. You gave me an empty hope.” He said with pain all over his voice, “It’s better to leave me without words than give me an empty hope, it hurts. You know it hurts yet you made me hurts. You’re amazing, Ahra.” And Myungsoo hops into his car, roaring it then stepping into the gas pedal in a full speed.

There’s a guilty inside Ahra’s heart. She knew she wasn’t wrong for choosing Jongin over Myungsoo but there’s a pain when she heard Myungsoo’s hurt and it’s because of her.

 

“And Jongin, I haven’t given you my answer. So, please stop spreading to everyone that I’m your girlfriend.” She walked straight to the bust stop, leaving Jongin and all of his hope behind. It’s not like she doesn’t like Jongin but for her, it’s like too fast to trust other people after all of her accident.

She has trust issues towards strangers and even towards people who close to her. It isn’t her fault but she a big trauma for it.Ahra doesn’t have any close friend to tell her that she’s confused right now. On how to stop loving Myungsoo and start to trust Jongin and other people around her. She doesn’t have Byul who always listened to her story, even the stupid ones.

 

“Ahra, this is from Jongin.” Suho gave Ahra a little piece of paper.

She opened the paper and saw his messy handwriting all over it.

 

‘I’m sorry. Let’s buy some snacks after the preparation class.’

 

Ahra smiled a little and continue looking at the teacher, and Jongin has caught it. He jumped in a joy, he knew that Ahra wouldn’t be angry for a long time to him. Everything on this earth would bring Ahra and Jongin back together. How difficult the situation is, they would be fine, together.

 

“Ouch!” a student bumped into the teacher who’s holding a bottle of water and made it spilled to the floor.

“I’m sorry, Mrs.” The student bowed to the teacher and apologized. “I’m in a hurry, my mom in the emergency room, Mrs. I have to go now.”

“It’s okay, hope your mom will get well soon.” The teacher said, she looked around and found Ahra’s playing with her phone as usual. “Cha Ahra, go to the janitor closet and find the mop, clean this floor. Someone might be slipped.”

“Me? B- but, why? That wasn’t even my fault!”

“Because you seemed not to have something to do. And the rest of you except Cha Ahra can go home.” The teacher said and left the class.

 

With a heavy heart, meanwhile the other student went home, Ahra walked straight to the janitor closet. She’s afraid, of course. Walking in the dark corridor making her legs felt shaky and it’s becoming worse because Ahra’s afraid of the dark.

She has found the mop and walked back to the class but she realized that she dropped down her phone inside the closet. There’s no one in the corridor, she walked faster without looking to the side, hoping there will be fine. She placed the mop in front of the door and started searching for her phone.

Suddenly Jongin went in the janitor closet and the door accidentally closed. Ahra gasped, quickly turned back to look at him. But whenever she’s with Jongin, she feels safe no matter what.

“I was waiting for you in front of the gate, I thought your preparation class has finished but someone told me that Mrs. Lee told you to clean the class just because you’re always playing with your phone at class.”

“Y- you’re panic?” Ahra asked a stupid question to him.

“Of course I am! Come on, just skip the punishment and go home, the sky is getting dark. And we have to buy some snacks, right?”

 

They turned the doorknob but it’s useless. When the door was accidentally closed, the mop was accidentally hooked into the doorknob, making it locked.

“What the hell?!” Jongin said as he kicked the door with all of his strength, so does Ahra who’s panic right now.

And the situation is getting worse when the lamp was turned off suddenly. In a dark tiny closet which’s locked, there’s Jongin and Ahra. Because Ahra’s afraid of the dark, she is reflecting to hug a person near her. “I’m, I’m afraid of the dark.” She cried in Jongin’s arms.

Jongin hugged her tighter and her hair lovingly, “Calm down, Ahra, you’re with me, trust me, we will be fine, okay?”

Ahra just nodded and continue hugging Jongin.

“I will call Sehun, don’t be panic, okay? Trust me, Ahra, just trust Kim Jongin.”

 

“I’m in the janitor closet and the worker seemed turned off the lamps since nobody knows we’re here.”

“Okay, I will wait.”

 

“Sehun is on his way here, are you okay?” Jongin asked, but Ahra’s becoming sweaty and her entire body is trembling. “Ahra? Are you okay?!” he panicked.

“I don’t know, my body is full of sweat but I feel cold.” She cried.

Jongin took off his sweater and put it on Ahra, “Hug me tighter, you’ll be warm.”

“I- I trust you, Jongin. I trust you.” And that’s the last sentence from Ahra before she passed out.

 

“Oh my God, what happened to her?” Mrs. Oh asked panicky as Jongin, Sehun and Ahra arrived at the house. Jongin was carrying Ahra who’s still passed out, he’s panic and worried about her, so damn much.

 

After Mrs. Oh changed her clothes, Jongin went inside the room and sat beside her bed, holding her hands tightly. “Please, you’re okay, Ahra. You’re okay.”

“She has a phobia of the dark since she was a child, I thought she doesn’t have it now.” Mrs. Oh explained to Jongin, “I have to give my son a milk, I will leave you here, is that okay?”

“It’s okay, Mrs.”

 

Jongin has fallen asleep while holding Ahra’s hand and in the middle of the night Ahra woke up. She moved when she saw Jongin’s is still there, holding her cold hand. Ahra Jongin’s hair, smiling. “Your thick hair is my favorite ever, but seeing your smile is more than my favorite, I loved it, and I hope you always find a reason to smile.”

 

“You’re the only reason of my smile, Cha Ahra.” He suddenly woke up, “Please be healthy, please be my side, don’t leave me, and trust me.”

 

28k6flk.jpg