A.J

Rose's Thorns

 

Listen to this song while reading this chapter~

28k6flk.jpg

 

“Okay, students. Place your homework book here and open your textbook page 124. Analyze problem number 8 and solve it.” The teacher commanded to all students, they sighed and even booed the teacher. He hit the desk with the ruler. “Please be quiet while I'm analyzing your homework!” The students opened their textbook lazily, some of them really trying very hard to solve the problem but some them, well, just pretending to solve it, waiting for the smarter friend to finish it and copy it from them.

Meanwhile Ahra is having a hard time, she doesn't even understand the question and she doesn't even know the formula to solve it. She wanted to ask Sehun and Jongin but she shook her head. “No. They would tease me for the next two months if they knew I don't even know the formula for this question.” she thought. Then she looked at Soojin, the only one girl student she knew. Ahra shook her head again. “She is worse than me. No.” Ahra doesn't have any other option and with a heavy heart she tapped a guy near her who's on his own work to solve the problem.

“What?” the guy whispered.

“Can you give me the formula for this question? I really don't know, seriously.” Ahra handed him a piece of paper. “Write it down here.”

The guy wrote the formula and handed the paper back to Ahra. She grinned at him and started to solve the problem. “It's easier now, how I wish I could remember all the formulas in my brain.” she mumbled to herself while writing the number down at her notes.

 

“Suho, this girl said thank you to you.” Jongin suddenly said and then looked at Ahra. “If you don't want to be an antisocial, at least you have to learn how to say thank you.” he said, smirking towards her.

“Two minutes left!” the teacher shouted from the front. “After it, I will explain the formula of the right answer and the student who can successfully solve the problem will get a plus score from me in their next test.”

“ the time hates me.” she glanced at Jongin and focused back to her task. “I will rip your mouth off next time.” Jongin just smiled and back to his task with full spirit.

 

“Just 40 minutes left, 20 minutes each. Got it?” Jongin told her and Ahra just nodded, agreeing their promise last day. Ahra got the first 20 minutes, she writes down all things that the teacher said in front of the class. She's trying to remember and understand what the teacher had said. The last 20 minutes is Jongin's turn. It's easier for him because he had learned this last night. He doesn't want to disappoint Ahra again at this time so he's trying his best to make her satisfied.

 

“I didn't know you would make it, Kim Jongin. It's not a perfect score but for a student who's always cuts my class, this is unbelievable.” the teacher said as he gave Jongin his homework book, smiling.

“I didn't know I would make it, either.” Jongin smiled at him then looked at Ahra, giving his sweetest smile ever.

“Oh my god, I don't know, I feel so weird. I got a 50 but I feel so proud like I just save this country from a danger, oh my dear god.” Ahra locked her gaze to the homework, this is the first time in her life she got a score, well it's just 50 but it's from her own sweat. She was studying wit Jongin all night long for this homework and she did it, the benefit of studying together with a partner. A partner who's always looking after you, Kim Jongin.

 

They left the class happily because tomorrow is the weekend. They're arranging a date, a short holiday and many more spend the short weekend, refreshing from all the stresses before the preparation class on the next Monday. The senior grade has to attend the preparation class after school hours until night to prepare the final exam and the college entrance exam because their graduation is near.

Sehun ran out of the class leaving Ahra behind. He turned back at her, “Tell mom I have an appointment with a friend, and you, take a bus by yourself. Bye.” he shouted.

Sehun stood in front of Daeeun's class, playing with his toes while his hands tucked inside his pocket. He's waiting for her nervously, inhaled and exhaled heavily. His spirit fully charged when Jung Daeeun came out from her class, smiling to Sehun. “Oh? What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?” she asked innocently.

Sehun rubbed his back neck, “Actually, I... I...” he stuttered, his face becoming red. “I was waiting for... you...” he continued then blinked rapidly. “Do... do you want to eat some ice cream with... me?” he asked her. “If you don't want then I –“

“Don't,” Daeeun cuts him. “I mean, yes. Let's go.” she answered shyly.

 

Ahra walked towards the bus stop by herself but Jongin catches her from behind. He ran all the way from the class just to catch her up. He doesn't know what is he doing right now, it was like a sudden command from his heart to catch her. “Where are you going?” he asked Ahra as he reached her.

“Home,” Ahra answered shortly. “why?” she finally asked.

Jongin grabbed her wrist and led her to walk. “Let's celebrate our score, I will treat you ice cream.” he said without looking at her, just walking straight to his favorite ice cream store. In the other hand, Ahra just enjoying being led by Jongin. Whether it's a good or bad feeling, she wanted to be like this... even it's just a minute longer.

 

But Ahra and Jongin stopped in front of the store when they saw Sehun and Daeeun eating ice cream together, laughing and sharing the ice cream. “So, his appointment is this.” Ahra mumbled while holding her laugh, so does Jongin. “Sehun is really in love with her, look at his eyes, it's sparkling, twinkling.”

“What about my eyes?” Jongin asked and Ahra automatically him. “Did you see something or... someone?”

“I saw myself in your eyes.” Ahra said. “Kidding, your eyes are hopeless just like your life. A loser.” she continued and looking away, avoiding Jongin's eyes.

“.” he rolled his eyes then dragged Ahra.

“Oh my god, I thought we are going to eat ice cream.” she protested.

“Yes, we are.” Jongin answered coldly, still dragging her to nowhere. “But not there, I don't want to ruin Sehun's quality time.”

“I thought you didn't want Sehun to ruin your quality time with me.”

“What?”

“Kidding.” Ahra grinned cutely. Jongin couldn't help but smiled at her. They're becoming closer by the day but still, they don't want to admit that they're closer now. Maybe someday. Someday.

 

They arrived at the other ice cream place and ordered two strawberry ice cream but the waitress recommends another ice cream. “We have this special ice cream for couples and we will write down something on the ice cream with the syrup, you can request it.” she asked them politely.

Jongin and Ahra blushed at the same time. “No, we are not a couple.” Jongin told her while waving his hand.

“But this special ice cream is limited and it has two flavors and two syrup in one.” the waitress said. Jongin looked at Ahra, asking for her permission.

“It's not bad, I love ice cream though.” Ahra answered. “I want taro and strawberry.”

“Okay then, taro and strawberry.” Jongin ordered then fished his wallet.

“And what words that we should write it down there?”

“Everything's fine, we don't need that. We need the ice cream.” Ahra said.

“But it's a special feature.” the waitress said. “What about your initial?” she recommended.

Jongin and Ahra looked at each other, thinking about the initial. “A.J!” they said at the same time. A.J, Ahra Jongin.

“A.J is cute!” the waitress smiled. “Please wait, it won't take a long time.”

 

They're waiting while sitting near the window, looking at the passerby outside. The weather is so bright and nice today. The sun shines so bright but it's not too hot because the wind blows softly in the town. A great day to take a walk or even... a date.

“For A.J,” the waitress came and give them the ice cream. “Have a lovely day!”

 

Myungsoo might take the most and the biggest part in my heart even until now after he hurt me, but this guy, I feel like he's going to find the key to my heart. Sooner or later, I don't know. I don't know whether I shall let him or not.” She thought.

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

author's notes; yep, this chapter has been edited. please upvote, upvote and upvote and drop some comments. Love.