Benefit.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

“I’m tired!” Ahra threw the pen and lay down on the carpet, followed by Jongin. “I don’t care about the score, at least we’ve done it.” She messed up with her hair and turned to look at Jongin. He closed his eyes while placing his hands above his stomach, inhale and exhale deeply looks like he’s very tired. Ahra touched his hair, playing with it. She’s smiling brightly while playing with Jongin’s fluffy black hair.

“Who give you any permission to touch my hair?” Jongin said while his eyes closed.

“Just a… minute… please.” Ahra begged for him. “I like to touch someone’s hair, even playing with it. Fluffy… thick… black… haired.”

“I’m not Myungsoo,” Jongin opened his eyes and slapped Ahra’s fingers from his hair. “Don’t treat me like you’re usually treated him.” He said in a cold tone. “I don’t like it.”

 

The moment of silence.

 

“It’s not like that… I…” Ahra tried to explain to Jongin. “I don’t have a mom since I was 5 years old… and… I was… I always jealous when I saw my friend’s hair being braided by their mom.” She inhaled deeply, closing her eyes. “That’s why I always play with my friend’s hair because I don’t have… a mom… who’s playing with my hair.”

Regret all over Jongin’s blood. At the first he was very disappointed because he thought Ahra treated him just like she treated Myungsoo, but she has something behind it, the gray memories.

“Sorry.” He apologized.

Ahra just nodded and smiled. “You know, I have some trust issues…” she stated. “But with you, I don’t know, it came out of my lips just like that.”

“Really?” Jongin turned to look at her face, smiling.

“Yup,” she nodded. “And I won’t let you to know more about me so get off my room!” she dragged Jongin from her room, throwing all of his books and slamming the door. “I hate you!” she shouted through the door.

Jongin smile widely, “You’re very welcome!” he shouted and left the house.

 

All the students placed their homework on Mr. Lee’s desk and went back to their desk, listening to the teacher who’s seriously explaining how 200x+40y=x+y.

Ahra tapped Jongin’s back with her pen and he turned back to her. “What?” he whispered.

“Remember to give all of your attention to the teacher,” she whispered to him. “And save it in your brain.” She pointed her head with the pen.

Jongin rolled his eyes lazily, “So, stop disturbing me!”

They’re listening to the teacher seriously, wrote down all of the formulas from the whiteboard. Even though they don’t really understand about the lesson, at least they’ve tried.

 

“I didn’t know study would be this tiring!” she rested her chin on the desk, messing up with the notes on it. Her note is full with the formulas, the question and the example of the teacher yet she didn’t understand all of them.

Jongin dragged her off the class, to the cafeteria. She’s trying to jerk him off but Jongin kept dragging her, bumping into everyone in the corridor. “I don’t know why you love to drag me here and there.” She said while being dragged by Jongin but the taller one didn’t answer to her. “Being the jerk as always.” She mumbled.

He gave her a silver tray with a spaghetti and orange juice in it as she sat down on the chair. Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Zitao looked at Jongin in disbelieved. “I thought you asked me to get that spaghetti for you.” Chanyeol nagged at Jongin.

He didn’t answer, he pushed the silver tray closer to Ahra. “Eat that, you’re stupid if you willing to save all that formulas on your brain with empty stomach.” Jongin said coldly.

“You don’t have to drag me all over here, just say it nicely.” Ahra took the fork and started to eat the spaghetti.

“I don’t know you have so much care towards this girl.” Baekhyun said, looking down to Ahra. He doesn’t like her since the first time they met and he still doesn’t like her at this time. The way Ahra pick a fight with him at that time and looking down at everyone making Baekhyun having a hard time to accept her.

Sehun tch-ed, “I didn’t surprised though.”

 

She threw the homework book to the bag, pushing it inside and zipped the bag. “I should’ve known this,” she nagged while walking with Sehun. “I will never do the homework anymore. How could he! He gave me a big fat 0! He doesn’t know about my struggle doing this damn difficult homework with that jerk! And he gave me 0!” she stomped her feet to the ground.

Sehun looked at her and rolled his eyes lazily, “Come on, at least you’ve tried.”

“At least he should give me a higher score! In my whole life, this is the first time I did the homework by myself but what did he gave to me?! Can you tell your dad to fire that damn teacher?”

“Stop nagging!! My ears hurt!” he covered his ears and walked closer to the bus stop.

 

“Sehun… Ahra… let’s eat first, I baked a pie.” Mrs. Oh greeted them but both Ahra and Sehun just walking straight to their room.

“No, thanks!” they shouted.

“Oh? I thought they loved my pie.”

 

Ahra threw her bag to the ground and lay down on the bed, kicking the bed sheet. “I hate school! My heart hurts because of it!” She fished her phone from the pocket and started to type a text.

 

We’re not a study partner anymore, stop barging into my room. I give up!

 

She sent the message then threw the phone to her side, “I’d rather sleep than doing that stupid homework.” And she closed her eyes. Yoonhun just came back from his school and making a loud noise, Ahra covered her ears and groans, “I want to sleep!”

But someone sat down on the carpet, opened the homework book and tapped her legs with a pen. “You can’t,” he said. “we have to do this homework.”

“Didn’t you read my message?” she protested. “I said stop barging into my room and I don’t want to study anymore!”

Jongin showed his poker face, “Really? I don’t think there’s a message from you.” He stated. “Come on, we have to finish this.”

“But I got a big fat 0 on my homework!”

“Me too.” He answered calmly unlike Ahra who’s on fire just because the homework. “I think you’re the truly stupid.”

Ahra didn’t answer, just looking at him with her on fire eyes. She crossed her arms, sitting on the bed, looking down to Jongin who’s sitting on the carpet. Jongin shrugged a little, “You know, if you’re smart, you’d think the same as me right now.” Ahra still don’t get it yet, blinking her eyes many times. “Dumb. Our brain isn’t good enough to save all that formulas and the lessons, and the vocabularies, right?” Ahra nodded slowly. “That’s why we have to split it in two!”

“I don’t get it.” Ahra lay down on the bed, playing with her phone.

“Dumbest people.” Jongin mumbled. “Listen to me, as an example, in mathematics we have one hour of class, right?”

“Hmm.” Ahra answered carelessly. “30 minutes of you listening to the teacher and write it down and the next 30 minutes for me to do the same thing.” He explained carefully. “We can share it then.”

Ahra sat down and looked at Jongin with a bright smile, she clapped her hands then jumped joyfully. “You’re right!” she shouted. “Let’s do it!”

 

Study partner with benefit.

28k6flk.jpg