A Little Thing.

Rose's Thorns

28k6flk.jpg

 

“I was too opened up to him yesterday, it can’t be him. No.” Ahra mumbled to herself while playing a game on her phone, recalling every moment on their first ever heart to heart conversation. “Stay cool, Ahra. Stay cool. Don't let your wall down for him.”

“What wall?” Jongin suddenly appeared from nowhere making the game on Ahra’s phone game over. “Why are you talking to yourself? Are you crazy?” he sat in front of Ahra, making the gap between them even closer. Ahra looked away, hiding her blushed face but Jongin caught it first. “You are blushing, typical girl these days.” he smirked then walked away out of the class.

Ahra threw her fist in the air pretending to punch Jongin from behind but he suddenly looked back, Ahra’s fist freeze at the same time. “My friends wanted to eat lunch with you.”

“I don't mingle with peasants.”

“Unless you want to talk with Mrs. Hwang about the audition thing. She will be here in 10 seconds.” Jongin stated as he saw Mrs. Hwang who’s walking towards the class just now, he walked straight to the cafeteria with his hands tucked in the pocket.

“I don't care.” Ahra mumbled, but suddenly she’s pausing the game. “What if she dragged me into the audition room? And I’m starving as hell.” her eyes were rounded and she placed her phone in her blazer pocket. “Why did the peasant become my only choice?” she ran out of the class.

 

“Woah, you did it! Jongin effect!” Chanyeol said as Ahra sat on the chair beside Sehun.

Ahra looked at Chanyeol in disbelieved, “What effect?” she placed her silver tray on the table and started to eat the mashed potatoes. “I came here because I’m starving.”

“And your choice is us? I thought we were peasants.” Baekhyun said as he took Chanyeol’s milk and took a sip of it.

Ahra chewed the food slowly and swallowed it. “Yes you are peasants,” she took a spoonful another mashed potato. “and if I got caught here by Mrs. Hwang, Jongin is here too. I kindly share the jinx.”

“Jackpot!” Mrs. Hwang stood behind them while crossing her arms above her chest, she grabbed Ahra’s and Jongin ears, dragging them out of the cafeteria.

Jongin glanced at Ahra angrily, “Speak of the devil.”

 

“You two,” Mrs. Hwang sat on her chair, facing Ahra and Jongin who’s both careless about her. “I don't know what to do with you guys anymore. Ditching school, never do the homework, skipping class, sleeping in the class.” she palmed her face. “I am going to give you a chance to fix your reputation in everyone’s eyes with this musical but you’re always running away from me.”

“Because I don’t want to do the musical thing.” Jongin stated, staring at his teacher with his poker face.

“And we are senior, just a few months before the college entrance exam and the graduation, we have to... um,” Ahra said, Jongin looked at her with a threatening face, hoping Ahra wouldn’t say any stupid thing. She gulped her saliva and continues, “study.”

Jongin mentally slapped himself. “Stupid.” he whispered. Ahra didn’t know what’s wrong with her and what will happen next if she says that kind of thing to the teacher.

“Okay, I got it.” she took off her specs, placing it on the desk. “It’s your choice. You don’t have to participate in any artistic thing but you have to study well, never ditch the school and class anymore and be a good student or,” the young teacher smirked at them as she took some books from the desk and stood up. “I will report to your dad, Kim Jongin, and your uncle, Cha Ahra on how you treated the school rules, then say hello downgraded.”

“Wait, what do you mean about downgraded?” Ahra shook Jongin’s shoulder in disbelief about the rule in this school.

Jongin tch-ed at her, shoving her hands from his shoulder. “It means if we’re failed we have to study with our junior in grade 11.” He answered lazily.

“That’s why you have to do well, okay?” Mrs. Hwang smiled at them.

“What is that? Oh my God, that kind of rule even exists in this school?” she nagged. “I can’t believe.”

 

Jongin and Ahra walked lazily in the corridor, thinking about their unlucky high school days. They’re not a smart, clever or even a diligent student at school but they have to face the threat like this. Because of their bad attitude and bad grades at school, the teachers think that the only way to make them study is a threat. “What if we fail in the test?” Ahra messed up with her hair. “That’s a shame to study with the juniors!”

“And who told you to say that we have to study to her? Just don’t talk too much, my life has been so unlucky with you.”

“Who told you to not stopping me when I was talking about study thing?” she slapped Jongin’s arm, making he groaned in pain.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrow at her, “Can you stop hitting me?”

“What should we do now?”

Jongin walked away, leaving her behind. Ahra ran towards him and grabbed his blazer, making him turned back at her. “What should we do now?”

“Of course, study.” Jongin answered as he jerked Ahra’s hands off him and walking straight to the class.

 

“I heard that you got scolded by Mrs. Hwang?” Soojin suddenly sat in front of Ahra, crossing her arms about her chest. “You are stupid.”

Ahra didn’t answer her, just continue packing her things to get off the class because Sehun is waiting for her outside. She stood up without looking at Soojin, but when she was about to walk, Soojin yells at her, “You don’t know how much I wanted to get there to the musical, to be the main cast. But you threw it away just like that!”

“Just take my cast for you, I don’t what is it but I think I don’t need it.” Ahra turned around to face Soojin. “I think Mrs. Hwang was already giving me a cast and the audition thingy is just a formality,” she turned back to the door, walking straight off the class. “if it’s not working, just take the audition and believe that the main cast is yours.” She shouted.

 

Sehun is waiting outside, leaning to the wall while playing with his feet. “Finally you have a friend already.” Sehun . “You don’t have to stick with me anymore.”

Ahra didn’t look at him, just walking straight. “She is not my friend and I don’t stick with you.” Sehun looked away, tucking his hand to the pocket while his other hand is playing with his phone, seems like he’s texting with someone. “Oh my God, Sehun! Can you walk faster? Such a snail.”

Suddenly a beautiful skinny girl with white skin approached them, she smiled at Ahra then she smiled at Sehun. The atmosphere between them is different, Sehun’s different from usual, his gaze is different. “Sehunnie, I’m sorry I forgot to bring your book. I will give it to your house later, is it okay?”

“You don’t have to do that, Daeeunnie. I… I…” he stuttered. “I will take it from your… hmm… house.” Sehun rubbed his back neck then smiling at her. “I want you to… help me to… solve some problems on my… homework.”

“Okay then, I will wait for you.” She smiled. “I’ll go first, bye!”

Sehun waved at her, smiling nonstop. “Bye!”

Ahra laughed at him, “Hahaha, your first flower in spring?” she wiped her tears on the tip of her eyes because she was laughing too much. “You are in love, Oh Sehun! Look! Your face is red!”

“Sometimes I want to throw my fist in your face hard, you are ruining my feels.”

 

Ahra threw her bag to the bed and lay down with her uniform still on her. She checked her phone and still, no message nor call for her. “I have to dig a grave for my phone already.” Ahra said as she closed her eyes, trying to take a nap.

But someone threw many books at her face, she groaned, throwing the books back to the person who threw it at her. “Who do you think you are, huh? Get off my room!”

Jongin sat on the carpet beside the bed, crossing his legs like it’s his own room. “We have so many homeworks.”

“Do it by yourself, I don’t want to!”

“The one who dragged me to this was you , at least you have to help me solve some problems or,” he paused for a while then inhaled deeply. “we have to study with our juniors in grade 11. Shameful.”

Ahra mentally palmed her face, rolling her eyes lazily. “At least I have to change my clothes, get off!”

“Change it in the washroom or change it here.” Jongin gave her two options, teasing her playfully. Ahra stood up and kicked his leg hard then took some comfortable clothes. She walked to the washroom and slammed the door, making Jongin gasped. “She is so bold.” He thought.

 

After changing clothes, she took some books and placed it on the carpet. She sat down with the same position with Jongin and opened the first book. Jongin just playing with his pen, pretending to read the question even though he couldn’t understand anything. Same as him, Ahra was having a hard time to solve the problem. “I am going to explode!” she threw the pen to the ground and pushed the book near to Jongin. “I don’t want to see those stupid questions anymore!”

“Me either.” Jongin threw his pen and lay down on the carpet, followed by Ahra.

They both starring at the ceiling with so many books around them. Ahra inhaled deeply then placing her hands above her stomach. “You know, I hate homeworks and I hate you.”

“I hate school and I hate you.” Jongin replied.

“But I don’t want to be downgraded,” she pouted. “I am not that stupid, you know.”

“Did you think I wanted to be downgraded? Of course no.” Jongin sat down to his first position and grabbed Ahra’s wrist, making her sat down like him. “That’s why we have to do well and show them that we can. We are not that stupid!”

 

Ahra just nodded slowly at him, dazed out. Jongin took back his pen and book, so did Ahra. They’re focused on the problems even though it’s extremely difficult for them. This is the first time someone made Ahra moved for a little thing and it’s Kim Jongin.

 

28k6flk.jpg

 

author's notes; I'm sorry if you're an anti for Sehun and Daeeun but I found them cute as a classmates :3 and follow my twitter http://twitter.com/kaisbicc_