Hi, Fernando!

Remnants of a Hollow Heart - A Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Watch out for typos bc I'm too lazy to edit this rn. That's all. 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt teeth grazing on her bottom lip, it hurt and stung, but a wet, tepid muscle soothed it a second later. She let the tongue delve deeper into the cavern of , pushing and pulling. It was throwing her into a trance.

 

If she doesn’t pull away, she’d be late.

 

“Ugh. Fany, I have to go—Mmmph.” Taeyeon broke the kiss only to be pulled back again impatiently.

 

And then Tiffany’s breath flowed like a murmur against her lips. “Let your boss do his paperwork today. I’ll make it worth your while.”

 

Sounds tempting.

 

As Taeyeon s her arms around Tiffany’s waist, she can’t help but notice the ever present smirk on her face. Taeyeon pulled her girlfriend’s leg up so their bodies molded perfectly, then and felt her shudder against her fingers.

 

A throaty moan managed to break out of her lips.

 

Taeyeon smiled. It was time to stop. She pushed Tiffany back gently and saw the frustrated glare. Pecking a feathery kiss on her girl’s ear, she whispered, “I’ll make it worth your while tonight.”

 

“What a tease. I hate you, Kim Taeyeon.” Crossing her arms, Tiffany pouted.

 

She grabbed her jacket and a couple of other stuff to be brought to the office, leaving Tiffany sulking on the couch.

 

“Aww. I know you don’t mean that.” She felt her pocket for the keys just to make sure. “If you keep doing that lip puckering thing of yours, I might not be able to leave this residence, Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“Then maybe I should—“ She was interrupted very impolitely when Taeyeon swooped in and stole a kiss. “You are quite rude. I have to say.”

 

“It’s to stop you from seducing me. I mean, I know I’m irresistible and hot like that but come on.”

 

“Not to mention, you’re a braggart as well. So full of herself. Geez.”

 

“Hey. You love me anyway.”

 

Tiffany smiled that smile Taeyeon loved so much, the one with eyes disappearing behind closed, arched eyelashes. “No one can deny that.”

 

“I promise to come back for you.”

 

“Don’t talk like it’s the last time we’re seeing each other, Tae.” She pouted again. “I don’t like it.”

 

Taeyeon pinched her nose gently, "Stop that, Fany. My toes are curling because of your über cuteness.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie~”

 

“Mother of…”

 

Tiffany laughed silently, clapping her hands as she did so. “So you’re staying?”

 

“I usually hate aegyo but coming from you, I really like it.” Taeyeon pretended to sigh. “But unfortunately, I’m not. Nice try though.” She smirked.

 

“You,” she poked Taeyeon’s forehead, “are the biggest tease in the world.”

 

She grabbed her finger and taunted to bite it.

 

“Yah!” Shouted Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon kissed her one more time before opening the door to leave. “I love you, Fany. Don’t forget that.”

 

“I love you more. Drive carefully, please?”

 

“You know me, babe. I’m the best driver out there.”

 

But that day, Taeyeon was not the best at all.

 

**

 

In her opinion, death is similar to that of which when you were young and still unconscious of the world: you don’t remember whether you existed or not. She thought that life after death was like that. Taeyeon didn’t believe in the gates of heaven or the gnashing flames of hell. Sure, she believed in God. But she wasn’t so sure if she should put her trust into something intangible, something so great, it’s almost too good to be true.

 

Tiffany, her girlfriend, however, was very much Catholic in every sense. She believed in heaven and especially hell. Taeyeon thought it was ridiculous and contradicting because they were homouals. God hated homouals, Taeyeon believed. And they would argue for hours because of that but then kiss and make out and make up later in the evening.

 

“But what did Jesus say about the LGBT community?” Tiffany got her sassy on. “That’s right. He said nothing.”

 

And Taeyeon would smile demurely as if she heard nothing and kisses the shell of Tiffany’s ear tenderly, taking the book from her girlfriend’s hand at the same time. She believed Tiffany.

 

So, back to the talk about death, Taeyeon thinks that after she dies, her whole body would dissipate into nothingness and be gone forever, forgotten like the dead soldiers during World War 2. At least the soldiers are remembered for their bravery and valiant effort in serving their countries, but there was nothing to remember Taeyeon by. Maybe Tiffany would remember her. Other than that, no one.

 

You die because of cancer, goodbye. You were murdered, farewell. You died in a car crash, boom. There was no ‘other side’ to Taeyeon. After that, nothing comes next. Death is the final destination.

 

But all her beliefs were proved wrong when she woke up hours later, as if she took a long nap.

 

Taeyeon nursed an aching head as she sat down on the white sandy ground. Looking around, she saw nothing but a vast area of a pale desert. The sun was up in the sky, much like a high noon. What’s peculiar was, no matter how bright outside was, the sun’s rays barely raised the temperature. It was warm, but not too hot.

 

She massaged her temples while she took in the view before her. “How did I get here?”

 

Taeyeon rose to her feet, albeit her knees were weak, and felt the grainy sand etching themselves into the crevices of her toes.

 

Taeyeon thought that she would fall again after taking her first step forward like a baby’s leap. What was wrong with her? She felt weak, felt useless. She was tired as if she walked miles and miles of winding roads when in fact, she barely moved an inch before waking up. Taeyeon took another step, but wobbled when her knees bucked.

 

She fell.

 

“Woopsie!” Somebody scooped her into his arms. “Careful there, child.”

 

“Who are you?” Taeyeon asked, suspicious, yet she didn’t protest when the man carried her in his arms, “Where am I?”

 

The energetic man, probably in his mid twenties, merely chuckled heartily, “You’re a funny child. Your parents did a good job procreating. But did you know that you weren’t really the fastest ?” But then stopped when she did not laugh along, “You look so serious. What did I do?”

 

“If you don’t tell me, I’ll call the authorities.” She jumped, leaving the refuge of his arms. Taeyeon threatened the eccentric man, even baring her teeth a little to imitate a growling wolf but she appeared more like a fuzzy feline instead.

 

“Aw, how cute! I’m the highest authority around this place.” The man laughed again as he reached down to pat her on the head only to have his hand slapped when he barely touched a fiber of her hair. “Ouch. No need to be so violent.”

 

“State your name.” Ordered Taeyeon, raising her first in the air, ready to strike. “And what’s up with the weird dress? Seriously, you’re a grown man. Why do you wear that?”

 

“Hey! This is not a dress!” He defensively rebutted and straightened the pleats of his garb, careful not to ruin the cloth. “It’s Ralph Lauren.”

 

“What kind of mental hospital did I drive myself into?” she asked herself but the man heard her loud and clear.

 

He cracked a smile that both scared and amused Taeyeon. “Why.” Raising his arms, he twirled around as if to showcase the whole area of pure whiteness. “This is heaven, of course!”

 

She faked a gasp. “So you must be God then?”

 

“Yes!” the man who deemed himself ‘God’ clapped his hands in utter joy. “But you can call me Fernando. I like to be Spanish.”

 

Taeyeon decided that she’s done with this person. “Alright. I am out.”

 

Then she turned her back on him and started walking in a straight direction only to realize a few minutes later that she didn’t know where she was going. How the heck did she end up in this place anyway? She only wants to go home, back to Tiffany.

 

She stopped walking and tried very hard to remember what happened before she got here. But alas, she had no recollection whatsoever.

 

“Hey! Where are you headed?” Fernando appeared beside her, sitting on the ground.

 

“Home.” She walked again, leaving the man behind her.

 

“That’s funny. I don’t think you can leave this place.”

 

Taeyeon turned around to face him. “Excuse me?”

 

“The golden gates are open 24/7. But you see, Taeyeon,” he said, “They’re only made for entering. You can’t use it as an exit.”

 

“H-How did you know my name?”

 

“I’ve known you long before you were born.”

 

She swallowed, “You’re scaring me, Fernando. Please stop fooling around.”

 

He sighed when she couldn’t put her finger around the whole situation. “Do you remember how you got here?”

 

“N-No.”

 

“Okay, it’s standard operating procedure to erase the memories during and after the death prior to entering heaven.” Fernando scratched his stubble, thinking how to deliver his next words, “Well—“

 

“What?!”

 

“Why do you look so surprised?”

 

“You’re talking about death and heaven and golden gates and God! I think I have every right to be shocked!”

 

“Humans.” Fernando shook his head. “Would you like some tea?”

 

“What?”

 

“You know,” He pretended to hold a cup, finished with a raised pinky too, and made slurping noises as if he was drinking from it, “Tea!”

 

Taeyeon stared at him in utter confusion. “We’re in the middle of nowhere.”

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

 

And then whole desert transformed into an English garden, complete with iron-wrought chairs and a glass table in the middle. There was even a gardener tending the rose buds in the corner.

 

Taeyeon nearly shouted when that happened but muscles were in a knot. Is this man really God?

 

“Sup, Flora!”

 

But why is he so informal?

 

The gardener with fluffy wings greeted back. “Hey, Fernando!” She grinned when her eyes landed on Taeyeon. “Wow. Another angel?”

 

“Naw. This is Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter