Chapter 11 - The Reason

Cherry Blossoming

SNSD’s Dorm

“Yoongie!! Ppalli! It’s Jonghyun on Radio Star!” Sooyoung’s voice was echoing at SNSD dorm. Yoona, who just finished a shower, ran off to the living room, joined her sisters to watch Radio Star that guested by Kim Jung Nan, Onew, Taemin and Lee Jonghyun. It just broadcasted today.

“KYAA!! He’s still in his red hair!! So handsome! But I prefer his hairstyle now...” Sooyoung praised him as usual like a crazy fangirl.

“But his red hair like this is good too!” Hyoyeon argued.

“Yya! ALL of his hairstyles are good!” Fanny found a conclusion. “I liked that one when he debuted, too...”

“YES! KYAA SO HANDSOME!!” they three squealed.

“YYA! STOP IT GUYS! We couldnt watch the show right now!” Taeyeon spoke and made them became quietly and watched TV again with blissful face.

“Oh, he is really a humble person, and he’s really proud of Yongseobang!” Hyoyeon claped happily. Everyone ignored her and still watched TV.

Yoona watched the TV with very focused expression. Even Kim Jung Nan sunbaenim said that he’s a real namja. A gentleman. And a very kind and gentle person... See? Not only me realized it... And KyuLine relationship is so cute... and you can tell that Kyu oppa paid attention only for Jonghyun, not the other guests... Yoona smiled as she heard Jonghyun was teaching Busan dialect to other people there.  

“OH?? He didnt have ANY GIRL IDOLS that asked him for a date???” Sooyoung squealed. “CINCCA?? Ok, let me be the first!”

“YYA!” Taeyeon threw a pillow to Sooyoung. “He was afraid toward an aggressive woman, you know? And I think he’s just being humble. He didnt want to say that there’s some girls asked him for a date even THERE IS. Aish, talk about it later. Let’s watch the show first!” Taeyeon pointed when Jonghyun started to sing Nothing Better.

“Oh, it’s really romantiiic!!!” Yuri clapped as Jonghyun finished the song. “I even feel a goosebumps!”

“ME TOO!!!!” Sooyoung squealed again. “And sorry for my dongsaeng SHINee but I like Jonghyun’s version when he sang Replay... I hope it’s for me! Kyaa!”

“Jasshik...” Fanny patted Sooyoung’s head. “You even not a noona for him. You’re in the same age!”

“Unnie, just continue yours, so for the truth, is there???” Yoona couldnt help her curiosity and asked Taeyeon right after the show ended. Everyone immediately paid attention to Taeyeon.

“I just heard it from Changmin oppa... Mmm... Sunhwa... Nicole... Jiyeon... Nana... there are so many. And not to mention his friends, Eunji, Yoon Jin Yi, AOA’s Yuna...” Taeyeon said while thinking about the names.

“And you, unnie...” Seohyun added. “You are close with Jonghyun oppa too, right?”

Taeyeon laughed. “Of course. He’s my close dongsaeng. But dont include me in that list. I never asked him for a date, oh jeongmal...”

“And did he accept them?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

“I dont know, girls. Well... Jonghyun is an introvert person. The only one know him so well are only his family and s...” Taeyeon shrugged her shoulder and looked at gloomy Yoona. “Yoong, you’re soooo funny! It’s the 1st time I saw you are the first one to have a special feeling towards man...” she said while hugging Yoona.

“It’s not like I love him, unnie...” Yoona denied it. “I still dont know what I’m feeling towards him...”

“Gwaenchana. Just let the time answered it. We’ll support you...” Sooyoung hugged her and smiled. “Well, actually I wanna be your rival too...” she teased Yoona. “Since I’m really IN LOVE with him...”

“Yya!! Sooyoung!!” Yoona slapped her arm and made Sooyoung laughed. Suddenly her phone is ringing. Seems like there’s a ktalk notifs entered. She grabbed her phone and read it.

 

 

Nagoya, Japan.

Jonghyun just finished his showered and saw Yonghwa, who shared the room with him already fell asleep after talking some minutes with Seohyun in phone. The maknaes, who were in the other shared room already in their dreamland right after they reached their dorm in Japan. He just sighed and went out from the room. He feel a bit hungry. Aish... I’m eating alone again. He really didnt like to eat alone. But hyung and maknaes looks so tired... I couldnt got them up just to eat with me... even the managers hyung already slept... He then cooked a bowl of udon for himself. While waiting the udon is cooked, he sat and started to check his phone. Suddenly his finger stopped at Yoona’s contact in Ktalk. Oh? She changed her pic? Last time when I saw it at Incheon, it’s different photo... He’s looking at the watch. It’s 11 PM. Why I suddenly wondering what is she doing right now... Is it okay to text her? All of sudden? He thought for a while and finally pressed the ‘chat’ button on Yoona’s profile.

 

 

 

“BWOH????” Yoona suddenly squealed when she saw who was sending her a chat on ktalk. She couldnt believe her eyes. BWOH? Jonghyun?? Lee Jong Hyun OPPA?? CINCCA?? FOR REAL??? Finally after almost one month?? Before her sisters asked her too many question, she rush off toward her room and lied down on bed while replying Jonghyun’s ktalk enthusiastically. Actually it’s the 3rd time she changed Jonghyun’s contact name and finally the chat room filled like this on her phone :

 

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Annyeong ^^

SNSD Im YoonA : Oppa! Annyeong... you startled me!

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : *LOL* mianhae... it such a sudden like this. But actually it’s not my 1st message right?. Am I bothering you right now?

Ah! He was right! The 1st message from him is when he sent me his number...

SNSD Im YoonA : Anii. I just rested at home after our schedule. Where are you, oppa?

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Japan. We went straight here from London. How are you these days?

SNSD Im YoonA : I’m fine :D we’re still practicing for our upcoming album too. What’s wrong oppa?

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Eh? There’s nothing. I just want to text you... Or must I have something, first?

So, he really JUST texted me for chat? No other? Cincca? CINCCA?

SNSD Im YoonA : *laughed* Aniiya. I just thought randomly ke ke ke. It because all of a sudden you texted me oppa.

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Mian >< Actually I want to text you three weeks ago. But I forgot what happened that it being canceled. Mian... Have you eaten?

SNSD ImYoonA : Dont say sorry. You didnt do anything wrong. Yes I already have dinner with my members. How about you oppa?

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : I’m about to eat. I’m waiting until it cooked.

SNSD ImYoonA : *sigh* Why I had a feeling that you’re cooking something similar to ramen right now?

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Bingo! What a genie... Ouch. I just remembered that you are a Genie actually!

SNSD Im YoonA : *LOL* but oppa! Aish... You couldnt eat ramen everyday... it’s not good for your health...

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Since we’re very busy with practice, we even couldnt have a dinner outside. So we only cooked ramen or udon at night. Mian...

Why I feel sad about you, oppa? You must be very tired and even with the members. And no one can make a good dinner for you...

SNSD Im YoonA : Aish... Dont say sorry, oppa. Gwaenchana. Since you are boys. So it’s hard to make another food except ramen. So, you’re eating with the other members too?

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : No. They already slept because of tiredness.

SNSD Im YoonA : Should I became a Genie again, oppa? I can see that your ramen already cooked and you must ate it first!

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Woah. How did you know? *surprised*

SNSD Im YoonA : See? Ke ke ke... then, eat first oppa. Just talk later after you finished.

CNBurning^^Jonghyun oppa^^ : Arasseo. Itadakimasu.

SNSD Im YoonA : Have a good dinner ^^

 

Yoona placed her phone while still smiling widely. Her mind even couldnt think properly right now except than Jonghyun. Suddenly her phone is ringing. She grabbed it immediately but suddenly her face looked down. She sighed and answered the phone.

“Oh, Taecyeon oppa...”

***

30 mins later.

Jonghyun lied down on his bed after he ate a while ago. He opened his ktalk and started to chat with Yoona again.

CN Blue Lee Jong Hyun : are you still there?

He waited for some minutes but there’s no reply from Yoona. Oh? Is she already slept? She even didnt read it. Guess she might fall asleep. Maybe I just conctacted her again tomorrow.

CN Blue Lee Jong Hyun : Seems like you’re already sleep. Have a nice dream J

Jonghyun then placed his phone on the table. Actually I still want to chat with you... But, I dont want to disturb your sleep. Maybe I should try to sleep too. It already long time I didnt have a proper sleep. He then turned off the lamp and started to sleep.

***

Yoona ended the call from Taecyeon after they bid a farewell. As usual... we’re just talking some light topics. I mean... Taecyeon oppa is a good person. He is humble and nice person. But I couldnt accepted him more than as an Oppa for me. He’s being my brothers perfectly. No more... But seems like Taecyeon oppa still didnt give up. Especially when I broke up with Donghae oppa... Well... actually we couldnt call it broke up... Since...

Yoona was thinking about this and suddenly she noticed that there’s a ktalk notif entered. Seems like it entered when taecyeon oppa talked with me because it didnt have any sound. She opened it and gasped. AISHHH!!! PPABOO YOONA!!!! HE TEXTED YOU!!! Aish!!! I want to cry right now!!! She immediately reply the chat from Jonghyun.

SNSD Im YoonA : Oppa, mian. I just back after doing something. Are you still there?

She send it but Jonghyun even didnt read it. Is he already sleep? OH his chat was from an hour ago... I guess he must be slept right now... Aish Yoona ppabo! It’s a rare chance he texted you and you just ignored it SO STUPID!!!

 


 

Two weeks more later...

SNSD just finished their practice and took a rest on dance studio when suddenly Seohyun clapped happily. “Oh! Finally it’s going to finish!”

“What are you talking about, maknae?” Hyoyeon asked confusedly.

“CN Blue Arena Tour, unnie. The last venue is at Saitama. It will held tomorrow and that’s the last venue of their Arena Tour.” Seohyun explained in blissful face.

“Ah... Seems like your mood is getting better after one-gloomy-month...” Sunny teased.

Seohyun smiled shyly. “It because they really busy this month unnie. Even Yong oppa phone is rare to on...”

“Cincca? Yongseobang, too???” Yoona suddenly blurted out. She’s being frustrated since the last ktalk with Jonghyun. After her last text, Jonghyun never read it. And Yoona tried to send it again at next day but it still the same. No read notification, no respond. She tried to think positively that CN Blue was really busy, actually it was right. From Nagoya, Niigata, Osaka, Hiroshima, Shizuoka and the last is Saitama. No wonder if they really didnt have a free time. But even after she knew it, she still frustrated. That’s why when Seohyun said that even Yonghwa’s phone is rare to on, she felt a bit relief. It means not only Jonghyun acted like that.

“Ddeh, unnie.” Seohyun nodded innocently. “But he already told me about their tight schedules so I just have to wait until they finished their tour...”

“Wait! What did you say before, Yoongie? Yongseobang, too? TOO?” Sooyoung repressed the words. “Did you mean Jonghyun’s phone is rare to on too? So you guys is always keep on contact???”

“Aniiya!” Yoona denied it quickly. “We only have chat once...”

“Then, why?”

“Anii. There’s no ‘why’ ... It seems like they were very busy...” Yoona shrugged her shoulder, pretending to act casually. Her sisters noticed something unusual towards her act but decided not to ask her. Taeyeon and the others glanced at Yuri and Sooyoung with some eyes-communicated. Yuri and Sooyoung nodded silently.

 

 

They already back at dorm. Everyone already in their room to have a rest. But Yoona is still leaned on her bed with gloomy expression. While Yuri and Sooyoung was looking at her worriedly.

“Yoong... seems like you have a problem these days... You even had too many mistakes during practice. It’s not like an usual Yoongie...” Sooyoung finally spoke out after they saw Yoona is still keep that facial expression.

“Sooyoung was right. It’s not good to keep your problem yourself. Just share with us. We always help you, right?” Yuri hugged her shoulder.

“Actually...” Yoona finally spoke out with weak face. “Unnie, Sooyoung... I’m really in a mess right now...”

“Wae? What happened?” Sooyoung asked worriedly but in soft tone.

Yoona sighed. “Did I expect too much from him? It seems like I’m the only one who just thought like that...”

Yuri and Sooyoung glanced each other. “Who’s ‘him’? Jonghyunnie?”

Yoona nodded. Made Yuri and Sooyoung glanced once again. Their guess is right. So it’s Jonghyun...

“Tell us, what happened with you and Jonghyun...” Yuri finally spoke again. “What do you mean by you’re just the one who expect too much from him?”

“Two weeks ago, all of a sudden he texted me... It’s our first time texted each other since we exchanged our number in Japan. We just chatted about some light topics and he was about to eat so I said just eat first and we can continued our chat. But after that, Taecyeon oppa suddenly called me. And we talked about one hour. When it ended, I just saw that Jonghyun already texted me 30 mins ago, and since I didnt reply, he thought that I must fell asleep... So I replied him but he didnt reply back. He even didnt read it. The next day I tried again but it still the same. No read notification on my chat. I did the same until one week but it really still the same. I’m afraid he might angry with me, unnie...”

“But I think it’s not a SUPER big deal, Yoong... As Hyunnie said that even Yongseobang is very busy just to call Hyun...” Sooyoung convinced her.

Yoona shook her head. “I thought the same at first, Soo. But it made me realised... I think I’m the only one who expected too much. I’m the only one who’s feeling nervous everytime we meet, I’m the only one who was waiting for his text since we exchanged our number, I’m the only one who always thinking about him, I’m the only one who have interest towards him. It’s not vice versa. He always acted like nothing special. I realised that he just treated me like a friend. Just like a friend. I dont know why but I’m feeling hurt when I realised it, unnie, Sooyoung...” Yoona couldnt hold her tears anymore. “It’s really hurt... Everytime I remembered about this, it feeling so hurt... I dont know what’s wrong with me. Why I felt hurt when I realised it... I dont know but it’s already hurt...”

Yuri and Sooyoung hugged her while she is still crying. “Yoong... dont think like that. Did you forget what did he do? He bought a special gift for you... He even followed you when you lost your phonestrap. He always acted kind and gentle towards you...” Yuri tried to convince her. But Yoona shook her head.

“It just his normal act, unnie... Even you know that he’s very kind and gentle to everyone...” she replied while still sobbing. Yuri and Sooyoung couldnt say any words but just hugged her to give some supports.

 

 

“How?” Taeyeon and the others asked while whispering when Yuri and Sooyoung out from their room and entered Taeyeon’s room after Yoona fell asleep.

“As we already guessed, girls. She finally realised that it just one sided love. She still didnt know that she’s falling in love. But she already felt hurt...”

“It must be tough for Yoongie... It’s her first time... We knew that she never fell in love before. Ok, just dont count her first-stupid-love at junior high school before because she admit that it because her friends teased that she couldnt get a boyfriend. I used to think that Jonghyun is her first-seriously-love. And although we already realised since beginning that it might turned to be one-sided love, but I still hope that Yoongie can experience her first love happily...” Taeyeon sighed. “We cant blame Jonghyun too...”

"I feel sad towards Yoong unnie. She already like Jonghyun oppa since two years ago, although I dont know when was she fell in love with him, but if it turned out like this..." Seohyun couldn't continue her words.

“You’re right, Taeng...” Jessica nodded. “We couldnt blame Jonghyun. But I really hope that it wont be ended just like one-sided-love. I really hope Yoongie will have a happy love-life... Because she already made me realised about my true love.”

“We also hope like that... Hopefully... all we can do right now is only giving Yoongie some supports...” Fanny said and everyone nodded in agreement. “Just let her happy, God...”

 

 

Saitama, Japan.

“Gomawo, hyung.” Jonghyun handed a phone back to Yonghwa after he talking on the phone with his parents. His phone got an accident when CN Blue was about to perform in Nagoya. When they out from car, his phone was falling and he accidentally stepped on it. So it couldnt be . Their manager already brought it to service to recover the data for his new phone but they still couldnt have a time to take it back because the tight concert schedule.

“You just called your parents? No other?” Yonghwa asked while lying down lazily on Jungshin’s bed. They were surrounding in Jungshin and Minhyuk’s room after doing rehearsal a day before concert.

“Who else?” Jonghyun asked nonchalantly while strumming his new guitar that he got from fans at Hiroshima Arena Tour Concert.

“Well... someone like... Yoona...”

“Yoona?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “What is this sudden topic?”

“Yya! Lee Jong Hyun, it didnt seem like I knew you in short time. We already lived together more than five years! I can see that your relationship and Yoona is not like usual friend. It’s different, as I mentioned it before!” 

“Yonghwa hyung is right! We all know all about you, Jonghie hyung!” Minhyuk joined. “It’s not like you if it related to Yoona noona. Hyung, you couldnt hide your worry when she was alone in MBC just to find a gift from you! You even have a dinner together. Only YOU TWO. I never see that side of you towards girl, hyung. I mean, you are a very kind person. For everyone, no matter who they are. But, let me ask you, hyung. Have you ever had a dinner only with Eunji ssi? Only with Yoon Jin Yi ssi? Only with Taeyeon noona? Only with AOA’s Yuna? You even didnt accept Sunhwa's invitation for dinner at Secret’s dorm, hyung...”

“And not to mention about your new song, hyung!” Jungshin crossed his arm while grinning. “I remember before we met Yoona noona in Japan, you still couldnt write the lyric. But after we had a dinner together, and you walked with her together, actually I’m a bit curious what are you talking about, he he he...” he grinned widely and received a deathly glanced from Jonghyun. “After that, you can write the lyric without any difficulties. And about that lyric, I’m sooo sure that you got the inspiration when you walked together with Yoona noona! Am I right, hyung? Oh cincca... I’ll punch you if you say no!”

“Oh cmon... try to punch hyung, do you want to feel Jonghie hyung’s fist again just like in Nagoya?” Minhyuk teased the maknae. Jungshin shook his head immediately and smiled innocently to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun sighed after his brothers blurted out. “Yeah. I admit about that song. I got the inspiration at that night...” Jungshin raised his hand in the air, celebrating.

“Then how about your feeling towards her?”

“Truthfully, I dont know...” Jonghyun scratched his head. “Well... let see the fact. She is Im Yoona. A face of top girlsgroup in our country. Most of guy wanted her, or made her as their ideal type. Even among male idols. And, as you guys know it too, she had too many rumour with male idols, although there’s no one can proved it until now. I didnt say that it’s a bad thing. No. Everyone has their own lifestyle. And I still dont know too much about her. Is the rumour about her with so many male idols was true or not, I still dont know... One thing I’m so sure is if that’s true, I just... I just dont want to drag myself into that situation. You guys know about my personality. If  I’m in a relationship, I’m not the type who just want to have fun and then break up if it’s already bored or if I found a new one. No, I really hate those kinds...” His three brothers nodded in agreement when they heard about Jonghyun’s statement.

Yonghwa looked at his proudly brother and smiled. “And what about if all of the stupid rumour is not true? We can proved it, right? I can ask Hyun~. Hyun is really a honest person. She couldnt lie at me. So we can know about Yoona from her...”

“Then? Let’s talk if all of that rumour is really wrong. And then? I’m not going to take someone’s, hyung. I knew she have a relationship with Donghae before. I kinda forgot... It when I joined Kyuline. And that time Donghae hyung wasnt at dorm, kyu hyungnim said he’s going out with his new girlfriend, Yoona. Well... I dont know if their relationship is still going on or not right now. That’s the other reason hyung, beside that I was mentioned just now. I dont want to stand in the middle of them. I really admired Donghae hyung. He’s really a good hyung to me. I dont want our situation became awkward just because this...” Jonghyun’s statement once again made his brothers agreed.

“I thought you are right, Jjonghie...” Yonghwa scratched his head. “I dont want you and Donghae turned like me and Kyuhyun... Although we surely that we didnt have any grudges, but it still awkward between us...”

“But, hyung...” Minhyuk suddenly interrupted. “I just remembered something when you talked about Donghae hyung... Aish! Why I’m so stupid right now. I must tell you since beginning!!!” he scolded himself.

“Wae? What is it??” Jungshin and Yonghwa asked curiously, while Jonghyun still staring at him without any words.

 

*flashback*

December 2011. Suju Dorm. Donghae’s room...

 


 

cut it. ke ke ke.

actually I update it soon because there's so many comments asked me to provide more about Jonghyun's side.

hehe i really like you comment guys cinccaa ^^

and hopefully this chapter explained the reason behind Jonghyun's act towards Yoona.

and the flashback... i'll tell you at next chapter :) :)

 

anyway, do you like this chapter? or no? just comment guys I'm waiting you all >.<

once again thankyouvery much much much for SUBSCRIBERS, READERS and of course the COMMENTS he he he