Final

Personal space doesn't exist

Joonmyeon sat in the middle of his bed with nothing but the light from his laptop screen illuminating his bedroom. The good thing about sharing a room with someone is most of the time, your roommate spends most of his time in someone else’s room. So it was relieving to know that he wouldn’t be waking Sehun up with his rapid typing and a glow that was way too bright.

He scrolled through paragraphs of text that he had already read and stopped when he found the spot in which he left off. As he read, he made notes using his post it notes and placed them on the edge of the screen. “If you are going to use Hangeul in your chapters, make sure it is correct and or understandable Hangeul. If not, it will look like a bunch of Hangeul soup.”

Joonmyeon sighed and read on, reading over the Hangeul. There was a slight knock at the door, but he chose not to pay it any mind. The knock was heard again before the door opened just enough for a body to come in. Minseok then appears from behind the door, shutting it slowly and quietly. He makes his way to Joonmyeon’s bed and helps himself to the spot beside him. He looks at the screen to see what he was doing and leans in closer to Joonmyeon’s face, “What are you doing?”

“I’m not doing anything,” he answers, scrolling down a bit more to read the next few paragraphs. “Go away, hyung.”

“But that nothing certainly looks like something to me.”

“I am reading, okay?”

Minseok nods and tries to follow along with what Joonmyeon was reading. Eventually he got bored and began to pester his dongsaeng again. “Joonmyeon?”

“What is it, hyung?”

“What are you reading?”

Joonmyeon makes another note and sticks it to the side of the screen. He scrolls down a bit more and reads the few remaining paragraphs of the chapter, “Again, it’s nothing, hyung. Just go back to your room.”

“But that nothing certainly looks like something, an important something.”

“It’s a fan fiction, okay?! I am reading a fan fiction.”

Minseok looks back at the screen and nods again. He guessed that it did make sense considering it about an idol group that was being talked about in third person. But it raised the question as to why Joonmyeon was reading it. He leaned his head back against the wall and muffled a yawn with his hand. “Joonmyeon?”

“Yes?”

“Why are you reading a fan fiction? More so, why are you taking notes about it?”

“I am a reviewer,” he answers, heaving a sigh and opening a new blog post. “I review fan fictions that people send to me for the s and giggles. Most of the time I only review them for the sake of something to do, but other times I review them because people want a serious review.”

“Well, that’s nice of you…”

Joonmyeon finally finished all of his reviews and was now able to go to sleep. Of course Minseok fell asleep while watching him type up those reviews, so he couldn’t sleep in his normal, comfortable spot. Hhe had to sleep on the other side of Minseok which was near the wall and it was always cold by the wall. That’s why he never slept on that side. He lied down and found a comfortable position to sleep in before pulling the blankets over himself and Minseok. Closing his eyes, he began to hum a soft tune to help him fall asleep.

Minseok stirred and rolled over with his back facing the door and his face nearly touching Joonmyeon’s. Minseok moves his lips closer to Joonmyeon’s ear and he whispered softly, “Joonmyeon, you are being too noisy.”

“Just go back to sleep, hyung.”

Joonmyeon was the first to shower in the morning. It was nice because all of the others were still sleeping and he could have a few minutes of clarity. He sighed in contentment as streams of warm water poured over his pearly white skin, rinsing any remaining shampoo from his hair. When he was sure that all the shampoo was rinsed from his hair, he stuck his arm out from behind the curtain to feel for his wash cloth. He was having problems finding it, but he was thankful that it was handed to him.

“Thank you,” he says, not thinking before doing so. He puts the cloth under the water and grabs the body wash, pouring a small amount onto the cloth as well. He lathers the soap and begins to wash his body. Then it finally kicks in. He peeks his head out from the behind the curtain to see Minseok quietly sitting on the toilet seat. “What are you doing in here, hyung?!”

“Waiting for the shower,” he answers with a smile. “Speaking of, are you almost done?”

“Can’t you wait somewhere else?”

“No. I rather wait in here. It’s too cold out there.”

“HYUNG,” Joonmyeon shouts; slipping, but catching himself before he falls. “Go wait somewhere else!”

Minseok brings a finger to his lips and shushes him, “People are still sleeping. Finish your shower quietly.”

Joonmyeon sat in the comfort of his own closet, eating his breakfast and watching a drama on his phone. It’s pretty sad that it has come to this just to get some peace and quiet, but most importantly, personal space. Joonmyeon didn’t usually get angry or agitated often, but when he did, it was most likely because of Minseok.

He didn’t know what his problem was, but he was starting to rub a nerve with the invading of his personal space. Is it too much to ask that a man shower in peace at the very least?

He was on his third bite of cereal when the door to his closet opened and Minseok came in with his own bowl of cereal. He sat down beside Joonmyeon and reached up to close the closet door. He tried to fit comfortably in the already small closet and jumped when Joonmyeon suddenly screamed.

‘WHY ARE YOU INVADING MY PERSONAL SPACE SO MUCH LATELY,” Joonmyeon asks him, shouting and nearly spilling his cereal on himself. “You did it last night while I was reviewing then again when I tried to go to sleep; this morning while I was showering and now. What is your problem, hyung?!”

“I just wanted to hang out with you,” Minseok answers softly, taken aback by Joonmyeon’s outburst. “Well that and…”

And what?”

Minseok didn’t know how to answer him, so he showed him. Setting his bowl down on the floor where it wouldn’t spill and taking Joonmyeon’s bowl and setting next to his, he leaned in and placed his lips against the younger’s, kissing him soft and sweetly. He pulled away a few seconds later and smiled at the faint red on Joonmyeon’s cheeks. He picked his bowl back up and put it back in his hands. He then picked up his own bowl and continued to eat away at the cereal.

Joonmyeon blink a few times and tried to take in what had just happened. He brought his fingers to his lips and the blush on his cheeks got redder. “You kissed me…”

“That I did,” he answers, pleased with himself.

“That was my f-“

“I know.”

“Haven’t you ever heard of personal space?”

“Personal space doesn’t exist in this world.”

Joonmyeon didn’t say anything and went back to his drama, acting as if nothing ever happened. Minseok stood up and opened the closet door, stepping out to leave Joonmyeon by himself. He shut it behind him and silently cackled ant the reaction he received after kissing him. Joonmyeon looked up at the door and listened to see if Minseok was still there. He hoped that he wasn’t because he really wanted to die without it being witnessed, but this is Minseok that they were talking about.

“Joonmyeon?”

“What?”

“You smell like vanilla.”

“Stop smelling people, goddamn it!” Joonmyeon yells, kicking the door out of anger. “It’s weird and creeps people out. Also, quit invading my personal space! It’s annoying and makes me mad.”

“But you like it,” Minseok smirks.

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do~” 

“GO AWAY!”


Author's note:

Thank's to a gif in which I can't link or post here in the A/N because it is lost in the neverending monstrosity that is my blog, I was able to write this little ficlet here.

I have a small thing for XiuminxSuho okay. And Xiumin sort of strikes me as a person to kiss someone for the s and giggles. To tease them, not really hurt their feelings you know???? You feel me??? ?? 

Let's see if I can answer some questions that you readers may have before you ask them:

What is with the reviewer thing?

A: Well, I don't really give you any detail about whether or not this is about them as idols themselves or not... I kind of wanted to leave that to your imaginations? You can see him as just your average non-famous person or you can see him as an idol that reviews fics about other idols and about his group. 

The ending confuses me. I don't get it????

A: I am guessing that the kiss will confuse you people, so I am just going to say that Xiumin is basically an annoying little in this and he likes to play with peoples feelings aka Suho's.

What other questions will you ask??? I don't know, but I will answer all of them. 

Anyway, I hope you liked this short little ficlet here and thank you for reading~ =)