Seventh Day of the Seventh Lunar month

Collection of Taeminho Short Stories Series

Title: Seventh Day of the Seventh Lunar month 
Pairing: Taemin/Minho, side!Jonghyun/Key 
Rating: PG 
Summary: It was the seventh day of the seventh lunar month again and it is time for cowherd and weaver girl to meet again.  

It was the seventh day of the seventh lunar month again on the Chinese calendar. Taemin was in the classroom listening to his history teacher talking about the story of the cowherd and the weaver girl. Even though it would not be tested in their exam, the teacher thought it was a good idea to share some interesting story with the class on the very special day. 

The story was talking about the forbidden love between celestial and mortal. Both of them fall in love and got married, living a blissful life with two children by their side. However the happiness did not last long as the Goddess of Heaven found out about their relationship. They got punished and could only meet once a year on the seventh night of the seventh moon. 

Despite so, they were still deeply in love with each other. 

From that day on, that day was also known as the Chinese Valentines’ day. 

Girls in class were touched by the love story while the guys did not really care about stuff like that. However, Taemin had mixed feelings about it. There were weird feelings going through him like he already knew or heard the story before. He could easily imagine out every single part of the story without much trouble. But it was the first time he knew about such story, yet he was having strong feelings of it. 

The bell rang indicating the end of lesson and everyone rushed out of the classroom without delaying any seconds of their life. Taemin continue on pondering about the story, he pitied the two lovebirds that were madly in love yet they could only see each other once a year. It was a torture. 

“Taeminnie, why are you in a daze?” Key went over to check on his dongsaeng who did not moved a single inch since the end of lesson. It was obvious to the older one that he was in deep thoughts. 

“Nothing, just thinking about the story…don’t you think is very sad to only see someone you love so much once a year?” Taemin sighed as he imagined the throbbing pain in the couple’s heart. 

Key smiled at his kindness of sparing thoughts for others ruffled his blond hair, “don’t think too much about it, I am sure the teacher is just taking nonsense. It might not be true you know.” 

“Maybe…” The maknae answered softly but somewhere deep down in his heart or perhaps his soul was telling him otherwise. 

“Well even though what he saw might not be true, we can still celebrate Valentine’s Day right? Do you want to join me and Jonghyun hyung to catch a movie?” 

“I think I will skip the offer this time.” Taemin rejected Key’s offer as he did not want to be a light bulb and he needed some time to clear his mind. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Minho was busy studying for his upcoming university examination in the dormitory alone when Jonghyun burst through the door and decided to disrupt the quietness that was in the room. 

“You want to join me and Key for a movie?” 

“I have no interest in being a light bulb.” Minho answered without lifting his head up to look at his hyung. 

“Awww come on, today is Valentine’s day! You can’t spend the whole day in the room, at least go out and breathe in some fresh air or sniff the love in the air.” Jonghyun swirled around on the spot like a teenage boy who just fall in love. 

“Alright, I will go out to. Just leave me alone.” 
_________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Minho was out on the street alone. There were other people walking on the same street and all of them seem to have their own partner by their side. He could not help himself but to feel lonely at a time like this. Minho did hope to fall in love but no matter how perfect the person is, he could not fall for him or her. 

Perhaps his heart belongs to someone he was fated to love and had yet to meet the person. 

He looked up at two stars that were glowing brightly in the dark sky. Minho had studied a little on astronomy and knew that the two stars are known as the Altair and Vega. Once in every year, the two stars will meet on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. 

Some people believed that the two stars represented cowherd and weaver girl as it was too much of a coincident that both only can meet once a year on a particular day. Despite being a person with logical thinking, he was one of those who believed that the story was real. 

He knew it was absurd to believe in such tales but he could not stop himself. 

His soul was telling him to believe it. 

Coincidentally, Taemin was also walking on the same street as Minho. The maknae still could not get the story off his mind no matter how hard he tried. He could feel that there was a hidden link between the story and him which he does not know. 

Taemin then looked up in the sky to find the two stars connecting glows brightly in the sky. An overwhelming of happiness flow through him, cowherd and weaver girl finally get to meet after a year. 

Everyone walked past the both of them whom were the only ones standing still and looking up at the same stars. Smiles appeared on their faces at the same time with the thought of cowherd and weaver girl finally reunite after a year. 

They then decided to look away from the sky and their eyes met. 

Both of them were looking at each other. 

The first thought that appeared in their mind was, he looks familiar. 

Even though their best friends, Key and Jonghyun, are dating, they had never met before. They said nothing but just bow slightly at each other to show their manners. Two of them continued on walking in the opposite direction, away from each other again. Just like cowherd and weaver girl, separated again after the seventh day of the seventh lunar month. 





Actually, they were the reincarnation of cowherd and weaver girl. 

No matter how hard they try, it will be impossible for them to meet. 

They are the two lovers that are destiny to only meet once a year. 

They are the two lovers that are deeply in love. 

Their love for each other is already deeply embedded to their souls. 

No matter in which reincarnation they are in, they soul will still recognize and love each other only.


 THATS ALL FOLKS !

THANKS FOR LOVING THIS SERIES AND 2MIN !

I don't think I will be writing 2min anymore.
Unless some mircale happen and make me wanna write again.
To be honest, I think I can no longer potray the love between them :(
Maybe after they decides to make a comeback stage in Korea, I might start writing again.

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS <3